Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

DVD Planet Rules

Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

DVD Planet Rules

Old 01-10-08, 03:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DVD Planet Rules

Just wanted everyone to know how Dvdplanet.com is one of the best sites out there. There are great sales, prices, coupons, store credit, buyer points Etc. You can even use them on one order. I always recommend them and want others to say about how great they are.

I have a one item damaged and the ease of customer service was great. So lets say something nice about them
Old 01-10-08, 03:30 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 216 Likes on 155 Posts
Yeah nothing but good things for me also... granted their notification emails are a little inconsistent, but the things you listed make up for it. I will say that I have actually never used their free shipping (based on some of the things I read), usually I just bite the bullet and get standard or even two-day.

They forgot a dvd in my last order, but I called and they sent it right away. Fast and very pleasant cs rep.
Old 01-10-08, 04:23 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
i love dvdplanet and i have nothing bad to say about them. their used dvd quote machine is awesome.
Old 01-10-08, 04:39 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 182 Likes on 155 Posts
I agree.I have been ordering from them(Ken Crane's) since the hey day of lasersdiscs and have had only one problem.Them and DVD Empire are the top e-tailers for me.
Old 01-10-08, 04:43 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I don't understand why DVD Planet it so great these days, but DD is going in the totally other direction.
Old 01-11-08, 11:02 AM

DVD Planet is always my first stop when I'm looking to buy DVD's. I LOVE their store-credit-for-used-discs program. This is the main reason I buy so much from them. Currently have about $200 in store credit. Often times I'll buy from them even when there is a slightly lower price elsewhere, because I'd rather use up store credit than incur an out-of-pocket expense.

And I recently had a terrific response from their customer service department: I mailed back a defective dvd twice (the original and the replacement -- I think it was a manufacturing issue). Waited patiently for about 5 weeks for my store credit to be credited back to my account -- but it never appeared. So I called customer service and the CSR immediately added my store credit back -- I saw it appear while I was still on the phone with her. She was very friendly and very eager to help me.

Keep up the good work, Mark!
Old 01-11-08, 05:30 PM

I am also in agreement.
Purchased the Blade Runner suitcase.
Today it arrived.......
It was double boxed. They have become
my favorite online store.
As others have said.
Excellent used trade-in values. Also coupons.
Frequent buyers points (only 50 away from
a $40 purchase.
Again they can be slow at times.
But I understand free shipping & expect this.

Also Mark makes a pretty fair effort to
read/comment to the 2 dvd forums I read.
No company is perfect. But personally I
am glad they are around.