Reload this Page >

The Official ** Assassin's Creed ** Thread

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Old 05-23-07, 07:23 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know this game has been talked about in the Xbox thread but I think it needs it's own thread. This game is gonna be da bomb!! Release date is 9/25 as of now..

Summary:
The game is set in 1191 AD, when the Third Crusade was tearing the Holy Land apart. Shrouded in secrecy and feared for their ruthlessness, the Assassins intend to stop the hostilities by suppressing both sides of the conflict. Players, assuming the role of the main character Altair, will have the power to throw their immediate environment into chaos and to shape events during this pivotal moment in history.

Latest Trailer (thanks taffer)

<object classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=8,0,0,0" id="gtembed" width="480" height="409"> <param name="allowScriptAccess" value="sameDomain" /> <param name="movie" value="http://www.gametrailers.com/remote_wrap.php?mid=19861"/> <param name="quality" value="high" /> <embed src="http://www.gametrailers.com/remote_wrap.php?mid=19861" swLiveConnect="true" name="gtembed" align="middle" allowScriptAccess="sameDomain" quality="high" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="480" height="409"></embed> </object>

First Trailer:

<embed width="425" height="350" src="http://www.youtube.com/v/tQQrlPL-CmQ" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" ></embed>

X06: Assassin's Creed demo

<embed width="425" height="350" src="http://www.youtube.com/v/gOk5j-iGuTM" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" ></embed>

Development Diary w/ Producer Jade Raymond

<embed width="425" height="350" src="http://www.youtube.com/v/oDWabHnSxtg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" ></embed></object>
Old 05-23-07, 07:25 AM

Thanks man. This is my most anticipated 360 game this year.
Old 05-23-07, 07:27 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm very excited for the title. Gameplay and cool cinematics aside the setting of the game is really what interests me.
Old 05-23-07, 07:28 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by alxreys
Mine too. By far.. Let's hope it doesn't disappoint!
Old 05-23-07, 07:31 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 909 Likes on 644 Posts
Originally Posted by alxreys
Second, behind Bioshock for me, but it is damn close. I already pre-ordered the SE at play-asia with the 12" statue. $75 shipped, which is damn good considering a SE here with just a metal tin would run about the same with tax.
Old 05-23-07, 07:56 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

if the controls are intuitive and in-depth like Ninja Gaiden, I'll have to get it

if its anything like the prince of persia games, I'll pass
Old 05-23-07, 08:06 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

I'm the exact opposite. Bring on the Prince.
Old 05-23-07, 08:06 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by KurrptSenate
if the controls are intuitive and in-depth like Ninja Gaiden, I'll have to get it

I was just going to say that the game play looks like PoP. I do like the look of the game though. Is this single player only?
Old 05-23-07, 08:10 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
I'm the exact opposite. Bring on the Prince.
Me too. Prince of Persia: The Two Thrones was one of my favorites.
Old 05-23-07, 08:12 AM

NG was the epitomy of adventure/action games for me

the moves were so in-depth, they reminded me of Soul Caliber or Shenmue, all of which are right up my alley
Old 05-23-07, 08:30 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 873 Likes on 644 Posts
I highly doubt the release date will stay 9/25 but if it does I'll be buying this one before I get Halo for sure. This and Mass Effect are my two most anticipated games this year.
Old 05-23-07, 09:31 AM
Suspended

Received 36 Likes on 20 Posts
I'm going to combine Michael Corvin's and noonan's sentiments: Bioshock, Mass Effect, and Assassin's Creed are my holy trilogy for 2007.

That gameplay footage looks incredible.
Old 05-23-07, 10:20 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts
Agreed, JasonF. I can't wait to play this and wonder if they'll have any gameplay in the
Spoiler:
future (supposedly the game is all a dream or something, or some robots are searching for the heir of PoP... something crazy).
Old 05-23-07, 12:40 PM
Banned

You do know this is being made by the PoP team right? So yeah it probably will be a lot like PoP. Assassin's Creed is not a pure action game like Ninja Gaiden. It is a "stealth" type of game where you blend in with crowds of people until you find your mark and then you assassinate him and try to escape. It also has PoP style platfroming.

Originally Posted by noonan4224
I highly doubt the release date will stay 9/25 but if it does I'll be buying this one before I get Halo for sure. This and Mass Effect are my two most anticipated games this year.
Why would the release date be changed? It has been in development for quite a while and it looks to be almost completed. 9/25 seems reasonable to me.

Originally Posted by The Bus
Agreed, JasonF. I can't wait to play this and wonder if they'll have any gameplay in the
Spoiler:
future (supposedly the game is all a dream or something, or some robots are searching for the heir of PoP... something crazy).
Spoiler:
Yeah I have heard that the game is supposedly set in today's time or the future, and people are going back in time Matrix-style to find a certain assassin or something. I highly doubt they are searching for the heir of PoP although that would be pretty funny.
Old 05-23-07, 12:42 PM

i think he was hinting at the fact this game is going to get killed (in sales) by Halo 3
Old 05-23-07, 01:56 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Halo 3, Bioshock, Mass Effect, and Assassin's Creed all in a three month period. Another reason why I don't watch much TV anymore. Too many great games so little time.
Old 05-23-07, 05:20 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I didn't pay too much attention to this game until I was watching an old episode of Diggnation and that got me hooked.
Old 05-23-07, 07:33 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 188 Likes on 105 Posts
I like the bitch slap he gave the monk looking guy at the beginning of the trailer. I wonder if that's a special move.
Old 05-24-07, 12:53 AM
Banned by request

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by JasonF
I'm going to combine Michael Corvin's and noonan's sentiments: Bioshock, Mass Effect, and Assassin's Creed are my holy trilogy for 2007.

That gameplay footage looks incredible.
Couldn't have said it better myself.
Old 05-24-07, 07:26 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 873 Likes on 644 Posts
i think he was hinting at the fact this game is going to get killed (in sales) by Halo 3
Bingo. If it were to happen, I'd pick this up before Halo any day of the week but having it come out on the same day would be a really bad move for sales.
Old 05-24-07, 10:08 AM
2017 TOTY Winner

whats the take on any multiplayer action?
Old 05-24-07, 11:01 AM
Suspended

Received 36 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by Save Ferris
whats the take on any multiplayer action?
As far as I know, there will be none -- which is a good thing as far as I'm concerned. I can't think of a game less suited for multiplayer.
Old 05-24-07, 11:11 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by JasonF
As far as I know, there will be none -- which is a good thing as far as I'm concerned. I can't think of a game less suited for multiplayer.
Amen to that. I'm tired of developers shoe-horning in craptastic multiplayer modes just to have that bullet point on the back of the box.
Old 10-06-07, 09:58 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Not exactly game related but thought this would be of interest:

-----
A Silent, Deadly, Seven-Inch Assassin
NECA Releases Images of Assassin's Creed Altair Action Figure
10/04/2007

His origins are shrouded in mystery. An assassin in the twelfth century, Altair is hooded death himself. His mission? To kill nine historical figures bent on intensifying the Crusades. But is there more to this killer than meets the eye? The talk of every gaming expo this year, Assassin's Creed hits shelves in November. NECA is proud to present the newest addition to the Player Select line: the Assassin's Creed Altair Action Figure. Altair comes loaded with game-accurate accessories, including:

* Retractable Wrist Blade
* 4 Removable Throwing Knives
* Long Sword
* Dagger

Altair also features extensive "ball-jointed" articulation at the neck, shoulders, waist, elbows, wrists, thighs, knees, and ankles. Altair will be available this November, just in time for the game's release. For now, check out our extensive gallery of images. And make sure to check back at NECAonline for the latest updates on Player Select action figures and more!

More pics here
Old 10-06-07, 10:02 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I'm pretty pumped for this game. As is my gf who is a Middle Eastern Studies major. But I'll probably do the playing while she watches.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.