Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Talk about denting faith in buying used DVDs....

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-07, 12:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello folks

(Mod please move thread if in wrong location)

What a terrible day DVD wise. I won Lethal Weapon 4 off Ebay for a decent price $4 in USA currency and the seller had a 99.6% positive feedback and it arrived today and it turned out to be a high quality bootleg. The seller appologised and refunded me straight away. I then opened my second package, which was the OOP HBO Kickboxer DVD (oop widescreen version) from secondspin.com which I paid a decent price for $33 (I couldnt resist, although second hand, I am tired of waiting for a newer release) and I opened it to find that someone had replaced the HBO disc and put the standard Lions Gate full frame release in the case.

So I am pretty pissed off to be honest. I have ordered a fair few used DVDs and never had any problems (except for another bootleg on Ebay which got sorted out). These experiences make me realise why it is sometimes better to just order new DVDs all the time, even catalogue titles that have been out for a while. The only problem is OOP titles but the best bet is a trusted seller from Ebay which pictures of both disc and case I suppose.

Ah well...lets hope secondspin.com can sort the problem out for me. For anyone that used SecondSpin.com, I will post an update.
Old 10-24-07, 06:33 PM

I would hope that secondspin will give you your money back or send you the correct version. They should have decent customer service, but I've never used them. (They are owned by Trans World Entertainment aka FYE.) For $33, I would be really pissed too!
Old 10-25-07, 06:19 AM

Cheers Itran. I was very impressed with secondspin.com, they refunded no problem at all.
Old 10-25-07, 06:20 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Secondspin.com has outstanding customer service. I'm sure they will take care of you.