Old 10-16-07, 02:54 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
ONLY Halo 3 thread - part deux.

Halo 3 chat goes here nerds.
Old 10-16-07, 03:16 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Sweet! All those other posts were starting to pile up around our ankles.

Anyone forged up any good custom maps?
Old 10-16-07, 03:33 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

<-- Proud to be a Halo 3 nerd.

We had a Halo 3 lan party this past weekend. Introduced some of my local friends to the Basebrawl game type. It was loved by all. I'm looking for some new custom game types as well.
Old 10-16-07, 04:18 PM
Video Game Talk Editor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wish I had more time to play multi. I don't think H3 has touched my 360 for a couple weeks.
Old 10-16-07, 04:20 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 183 Likes on 125 Posts
Darn! My multi-player rant has now passed into history!!

Speaking of Forge maps, how the heck do you play'em? I'm used to the PC world when it comes to custom maps in FPS's (they just automatically download when you come across a user made map). I guessing that since these are really just re-arranged maps they can't be all that big, and do they stay on the HD??
Old 10-16-07, 04:21 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I just got this game. It's weird...
Old 10-16-07, 04:24 PM
sk8r1189

Crap, I created another thread when i didn't see this one ~_~ whoops.

So who else found collecting all 13 skulls ridiculously easy? except for the IWHBYD skull.
Old 10-16-07, 04:27 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts
Did you use a guide?
Old 10-16-07, 04:29 PM
sk8r1189

No, only for the IWHBYD skull. And Bungie forced guides made by publishers to keep the skull locations out.
Old 10-16-07, 04:42 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by SmackDaddy
Darn! My multi-player rant has now passed into history!!

Speaking of Forge maps, how the heck do you play'em? I'm used to the PC world when it comes to custom maps in FPS's (they just automatically download when you come across a user made map). I guessing that since these are really just re-arranged maps they can't be all that big, and do they stay on the HD??
They are small (as far as storage space).

If i have a forged map and am party host then i can drop us into a custom match and choose my forged map. Then it will take a few seconds while my changes are loaded onto everyone's 360. Then launch the game. You can also download the map directly from people (whether they are online or offline) if they have thrown them up into their shared file space.
Old 10-16-07, 05:01 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,886 Likes on 1,456 Posts
Originally Posted by sk8r1189
No, only for the IWHBYD skull. And Bungie forced guides made by publishers to keep the skull locations out.
I think without a guide I could've found maybe half of the skulls... the rest are in places I wouldn't think to look. How'd you get the one where you have to backtrack and shoot the guy jumping off the roof?
Old 10-16-07, 06:23 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 183 Likes on 125 Posts
Originally Posted by xmiyux
They are small (as far as storage space).

If i have a forged map and am party host then i can drop us into a custom match and choose my forged map. Then it will take a few seconds while my changes are loaded onto everyone's 360. Then launch the game. You can also download the map directly from people (whether they are online or offline) if they have thrown them up into their shared file space.
So, you can't just randomly join a Forge map game?
Old 10-16-07, 10:29 PM
sk8r1189

Originally Posted by fujishig
I think without a guide I could've found maybe half of the skulls... the rest are in places I wouldn't think to look. How'd you get the one where you have to backtrack and shoot the guy jumping off the roof?
By accident - saw him one day during the game and shot him, though i missed him till a skull fell outta him.
Old 10-17-07, 02:56 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,748 Likes on 1,093 Posts
So, how is Halo 3 saving these game videos? The last one I saw from one of my games was over 24 minutes long. I forgot how many megabytes it was but 24 min seems like a decent chunk.
Old 10-17-07, 06:35 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 371 Likes on 300 Posts
I have an online newb question: Do you have to play "Basic Training" on that shitty snow map for a while before you can actually join a "capture the flag" match? How long does Basic Training last?
Old 10-17-07, 07:15 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Giantrobo
So, how is Halo 3 saving these game videos? The last one I saw from one of my games was over 24 minutes long. I forgot how many megabytes it was but 24 min seems like a decent chunk.
I think it saves data that the game engine renders and plays back. Even though that would still require a lot of data, it would be a lot smaller than actual video and it probably compresses at least somewhat.

Wow, just thinking about how to represent a 24 minute game in these terms down to the level of every bullet casing, considering physics, lighting, etc. really blows my mind.

Last edited by Gromit; 10-17-07 at 10:10 AM.
Old 10-17-07, 07:32 AM

Originally Posted by Rob V
I have an online newb question: Do you have to play "Basic Training" on that shitty snow map for a while before you can actually join a "capture the flag" match? How long does Basic Training last?
You should probably be able to jump into a ranked/unranked match by now. Just change the playlist.
Old 10-17-07, 09:07 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,886 Likes on 1,456 Posts
Originally Posted by Gromit
I think it saves data that that game engine renders and plays back. Even though that would still require a lot of data, it would be a lot smaller than actual video and it probably compresses at least somewhat.

Wow, just thinking about how to represent a 24 minute game in these terms down to the level of every bullet casing, considering physics, lighting, etc. really blows my mind.
The videos and all the stats they keep on bungie.net (including multiple views of maps so you can see exactly where everyone got killed) are just amazing to me.
Old 10-17-07, 10:10 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I've had bad luck trying this before, but here goes...

Anyone want to team up tonight from about 7-9:45 EDT for some coop on Legendary? I've been through the game a few times on Heroic, but have only been able to get past the first level on Legendary by myself. I figure with another 2 or 3 players, we could probably get through it at a decent pace. My gamertag is Kromax44. Feel free to respond in this thread, or send me a friend request via XBL.
Old 10-17-07, 12:03 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I love Halo 3 Ranked Matches, They really do a good job with skill and matching you with generally evenly-skilled players.
Old 10-17-07, 12:28 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I asked this question eslewhere and cant find the answer now. I beat the game on Normal, and now when I boot up H3, it always says Resume Solo Campaign, and starts me at the very begining of the last level. I really want to start again on Heroic, but cant figure it out... Any idea's?
Old 10-17-07, 12:36 PM

^ don't go to resume solo game, but go to campaign game (it's like the 2nd or 3rd option) then you can choose which difficulty you want to play. you will lose any progress that you wanted saved though
Old 10-17-07, 07:15 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 117 Likes on 105 Posts
Hey

I haven't touched the game since I finished it last week and been busy working on getting the HT/Rec Room ready for the holidays. Is there a schedule or night for getting together for MP? I've checked here and ther and haven't seen much over the last couple of days. I think there are several on the west coast that come in late. Also is anyone wanting to go coop mode or has everyone done that to? Being in the middle of this Rec room project has costs me game time both single and MP.

Kenny J - Buzz Starhopper
Old 10-17-07, 08:09 PM

Originally Posted by K&AJones
Hey

I haven't touched the game since I finished it last week and been busy working on getting the HT/Rec Room ready for the holidays. Is there a schedule or night for getting together for MP? I've checked here and ther and haven't seen much over the last couple of days. I think there are several on the west coast that come in late. Also is anyone wanting to go coop mode or has everyone done that to? Being in the middle of this Rec room project has costs me game time both single and MP.

Kenny J - Buzz Starhopper
Dude, I send you invites almost nightly (or at least every time I see you on), but you never come in.
Old 10-17-07, 08:30 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 117 Likes on 105 Posts
Originally Posted by SteelgearX
Dude, I send you invites almost nightly (or at least every time I see you on), but you never come in.

Well maybe not "Nightly" but close enough and for that I apologize. Unfortunately it's been when you're signing on and I'm about to get off or I just fell asleep with the game still on. I will take you up on the next offer so thanks.

Kenny J

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.