Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Vincent Gallo not happy with people thinking 'Brown Bunny' scene was fake.

Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Old 09-14-07, 08:09 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

http://www.nypost.com/seven/09142007...ix/pagesix.htm

September 14, 2007 -- MADMAN artist Vincent Gallo has issued a profanity-filled rant against Post critic Frank Scheck - and his family - after Scheck suggested the actor used a prosthetic during his explicit oral-sex scene with Chloe Sevigny in the 2003 movie bomb "The Brown Bunny.

The Brown Bunny' is an ultra-low-budget film. With that in mind, the expense to create a prosthetic that could pass on film would be well out of the film's budget, and so far no one has come close to making such a thing pass as real . . . For example, Mark Wahlberg's rubber [organ in 'Boogie Nights'] was far from realistic and was only seen for a few seconds. If one wasn't blinded by jealousy, it would be easy to tell [my] scene was real. Chloe Sevigny herself has publicly said the scene involved us performing real sex.

Why then does Scheck promote doubt about the scene's authentic nature? I speculate it's because Mr. Scheck most likely has a very small, ugly penis and needs to believe that only in make-believe does anyone have one like mine!"
Old 09-14-07, 08:17 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Vincent Gallo seems like a conceited douche bag anyway. Who cares what he is or isn't happy about. He's obviously very insecure, otherwise he wouldn't get so bent out of shape when people criticized his work.
Old 09-14-07, 08:35 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
He should called that guy a fat pig, just to make sure he got his point across.
Old 09-14-07, 08:57 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
...but he will always be the director of the brown bunny.

I loved that retort.
Old 09-14-07, 09:16 PM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 401 Likes on 250 Posts
Vincent Gallo has never been, nor ever will be relevant.
Old 09-14-07, 09:36 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by TallGuyMe
Vincent Gallo (nor his alleged penis) has never been, nor ever will be relevant.
Fixed!
Old 09-14-07, 10:39 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by rabbit77
...but he will always be the director of the brown bunny.

I loved that retort.
But it's somewhat irrelevant considering Ebert actually likes the final cut of the film.

I enjoyed the film myself, the scene in question is far from sexy and actually has a pupose in the film. It's really him too, you can see his balls.

Originally Posted by TallGuyMe
Vincent Gallo has never been, nor ever will be relevant.
I disagree. Probably the only person on the board who likes the guy. Buffalo '66 cements his relevance to the independent film community.

Anyway, Gallo is trying to get a rise out of people, he's always done that. I hear he is incredibly nice in real life. I mean if he could actually be friends with Ebert now, that says something.
Old 09-14-07, 11:22 PM

Why is anyone still even talking about this movie or this jagoff? And, better yet, why would anyone still care about what this jagoff says?
Old 09-14-07, 11:33 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 39 Likes on 23 Posts
Originally Posted by mijorico
Why is anyone still even talking about this movie or this jagoff? And, better yet, why would anyone still care about what this jagoff says?
Maybe you can answer that since you posted a reply after obviously reading the thread title....

This guy gets too much shit from people.I like his movies and his acting.Far better than most that receive millions for hack acting.
Old 09-15-07, 04:51 AM

Tell him I hate him.
Old 09-15-07, 05:33 AM
DVD Talk Legend

wergo left out the best part of the article:

"Tell that hack to convince his mother, sister or wife to let me give it to her . . . and then she can report back to little Frank if she thought [it was fake]," Gallo raged to Page Six.
Old 09-15-07, 07:09 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,066 Likes on 646 Posts
Buffalo '66 was great but The Brown Bunny blew.
Old 09-15-07, 09:03 AM

Don't care. If I want to read crap like this, there are literally thousands of douchebag 'celebrity inquirer' sites. For the sarcasm-impaired: how is this 'DVD Talk'?
Old 09-15-07, 09:48 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: the kingdom of the evil Voratians, ruled by the wicked Ak-Oga
Received 85 Likes on 48 Posts
Originally Posted by brianluvdvd
Buffalo '66 was great but The Brown Bunny blew.
Old 09-15-07, 11:41 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I saw that scene, and it looked pretty damn real to me. Of course, I was less concerned with Gallo's cock and more concerned with watching Sevigny sucking something phallic.
Old 09-15-07, 12:56 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

It's a persona he puts on for show, although I have little doubt he doesn't mean these things. All of us have these thoughts, it's just a reaction, but we have something that keeps us from saying them. Gallo doesn't care what he says or who he offends, he just enjoys publicity, and the entertainment that comes out of it. I admire that and think it's hilarious.
Old 09-15-07, 01:49 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Anyway, Gallo is trying to get a rise out of people,
He should've focused less on his penis and had Chloe Sevigny writhing around naked, then.
Old 09-15-07, 06:03 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by drcos
Don't care. If I want to read crap like this, there are literally thousands of douchebag 'celebrity inquirer' sites. For the sarcasm-impaired: how is this 'DVD Talk'?
You're in "Movie Talk", and this is concerning his "movie".
Old 09-15-07, 06:35 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 415 Likes on 300 Posts
Isn't this article kind of , WHO CARES!!!!!
Old 09-15-07, 09:58 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

We should have him in a back-alley brawl against David O. Russell, air it on pay-per-view, and the Battle of the Raging Asshole Directors Who May Have Positive Artistic Qualities But are Chronic Jerkoffs can get on.
Old 09-16-07, 02:29 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,723 Likes on 1,879 Posts
September 14, 2007 -- POSEUR artist Vincent Gallo has issued a profanity-filled rant against Post critic Frank Scheck - and his family - after Scheck suggested the actor used a prosthetic during his explicit oral-sex scene with Chloe Sevigny in the 2003 movie bomb "The Brown Bunny.
Fixed.
Old 09-16-07, 03:52 AM

Originally Posted by Drop
I disagree. Probably the only person on the board who likes the guy. Buffalo '66 cements his relevance to the independent film community.

Anyway, Gallo is trying to get a rise out of people, he's always done that. I hear he is incredibly nice in real life. I mean if he could actually be friends with Ebert now, that says something.
You're not the only one who likes the guy. He's extremely talented. Let alone Buffalo '66, Arizona Dream was a film he totally stole the show in, in spite of the fact Johnny Depp, Faye Dunaway and Jerry Lewis were there. He may be not very nice with journalists etc., but that does not diminish his talents a bit.
Old 09-16-07, 05:10 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Could it be that he feels bad for wishing cancer upon Ebert, and then it actually happened?

I don't doubt he's nice in real life...as long as you don't say anything the least bit critical about his work.
Old 09-16-07, 12:37 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I don't know much else about him and I haven't seen 'The Brown Bunny' but I do really love 'Buffalo 66.'

Hey, I see nothing wrong with him fighting back for whatever. Fuck it, why not?

I was just thinking about it and does Billy Walsh remind anyone else of Mr. Gallo?
Old 09-16-07, 03:34 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Hey, I see nothing wrong with him fighting back for whatever. Fuck it, why not?
There's nothing wrong with fighting back. It doesn't seem like that was what he was doing, though. His form of fighting back is acting like he's 13 years old. When people criticize his films, he wishes cancer upon them and tells them that they have small penises.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.