Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Bargains
Reload this Page >

Circuit City Ads: Sept. 9th - 15th 2007

DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs
View Poll Results: Anyone going in for the $7.99 DVDs or pricematching elsewhere?
Going in to CC
10.83%
Pricematching
36.67%
Not really a bargain
52.50%
Voters: 120. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-09-07, 08:41 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

New Releases

$7.99 DVDs with noteworthy DVDs listed

All The Presidents Men SE
Batman and Robin SE
Blade II
Boogie Nights SE
Clerks II
Dog Day Afternoon SE (I know this has been at Big Lots for $4 but posted it incase you couldn't find)
Magnolia
Malcolm X SE
The Unforgiven SE
Delirious
Fletch Jane Doe Edition
Up In Smoke SCE

$4.49 DVDs

If CC don't want their ads listed til release week, I'm sure the hell not typing everything in.

Last edited by bigjim25; 09-09-07 at 08:48 AM.
Old 09-09-07, 09:14 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Funny thing about CC not wanting their ads listed is that for the last two weeks I have had all the ads in my Sunday paper except CC. Don't know if it's just a coincidence, but if Speedy had the ads posted here I would have known if there was anything I wanted to purchase at a CC store. Doesn't really seem to matter though, since I have been opposed to giving them any more of my money since the Speedy incident. Pay attention CC management (if any of you can read)...Speedy was providing a much needed service for your lame company.

{getting off my soapbox now}
Old 09-09-07, 09:15 AM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 399 Likes on 248 Posts

fuck Circuit City.

Last edited by TGM; 09-09-07 at 09:27 AM.
Old 09-09-07, 09:33 AM

Originally Posted by Bobweiser
Funny thing about CC not wanting their ads listed is that for the last two weeks I have had all the ads in my Sunday paper except CC. Don't know if it's just a coincidence, but if Speedy had the ads posted here I would have known if there was anything I wanted to purchase at a CC store. Doesn't really seem to matter though, since I have been opposed to giving them any more of my money since the Speedy incident. Pay attention CC management (if any of you can read)...Speedy was providing a much needed service for your lame company.

{getting off my soapbox now}
Tell me about it. I'm lucky to get a CC ad in my paper maybe once every few MONTHS. Usually I see an ad or 2 right before Christmas and that's it. I've complained to CC staff and they plead ignorance and tell me there should be an ad every Sunday. I notice the ad is available at the front of the store, but damn if I'm driving all the way out there to find out what DVDs are on sale.

Without the posts here I'm blind to what's on sale, so I've quit going to CC.

Judging from this week's ad I'm not missing much anyway, so at least that's something!

-Jason
Old 09-09-07, 09:49 AM
Banned

Getting Malcolm X for $7.99! Fo' sho!
Old 09-09-07, 10:32 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Alright guys that's a nice political statement you've got there but it has no place as stupid thread crapping in a topic where others might want to discuss things. We don't need to hear about it every time they're brought up.
Old 09-09-07, 11:15 AM

Went to Best Buy this morning to PM All the Presidents Men SE & Malcom X SE, but they didn't have either of them. Circuit City was right across the street, but I refuse to set foot in there again until they do something to redeem themselves for all the crap they've done lately. Now that I am home I checked BB.com to see if any stores near me ad the above DVDs, but none carry them. Pretty disappointing as I figured they were pretty common titles that most stores would carry.
Old 09-09-07, 11:22 AM

Posting the image of the ads is a great idea! I just went to their site to check out the DVD deals because I don't get their ad in my paper. Then I came here to ask about Face Off, and I see this. Good work, please keep it up.

What I was looking for was Face Off. $12.99 sounds good. Does anyone know of a lower price elsewhere?

I got Clerks II for $8 a while back at CCity, so this isn't the first time it's been at that price. I highly recommend it.

Last edited by Altimus Prime; 09-09-07 at 11:24 AM.
Old 09-09-07, 11:23 AM

Originally Posted by Jason Reynolds
Tell me about it. I'm lucky to get a CC ad in my paper maybe once every few MONTHS. Usually I see an ad or 2 right before Christmas and that's it. I've complained to CC staff and they plead ignorance and tell me there should be an ad every Sunday. I notice the ad is available at the front of the store, but damn if I'm driving all the way out there to find out what DVDs are on sale.

Without the posts here I'm blind to what's on sale, so I've quit going to CC.

Judging from this week's ad I'm not missing much anyway, so at least that's something!

-Jason
Uh, there is this thing that the Interwebs, or Internets or something, where you can view the complete ad on your pc thingy.
Old 09-09-07, 11:45 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 129 Likes on 103 Posts
Those do seem to be good prices on a couple of discs. Only problem is, that my Circuit City hasn't orgabized their dvd's since they opened, and you can't find shit there.
Old 09-09-07, 11:50 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 81 Likes on 69 Posts
Seriously. I haven't gotten a paper in years and I still manage to read the ads.
You can even go here
http://www.sundaysaver.com/
and it'll redirect you to each store's ad. It's not really that difficult.
And telling people "Hey, wait, this item will be 20$--or 100$--cheaper two weeks from now!" is not really a "service" any (sane) company wants.
Anyway, I don't really make an effort at pricematching unless it's something I've already bought. I'd be interested in Fletch, maybe, but nothing else really jumps out at me. Then again, I haven't been really into movies recently.
Old 09-09-07, 12:13 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Nothing there I'm interested in, but if there was, I'd buy it at CC. [shrug]

Rob
Old 09-09-07, 12:24 PM

unfortunatly there wasnt a copy of Magnolia or Malcolm X in three counties at BB so I had to goto CC. I always PM at BB for the Reward Zone.
Old 09-09-07, 01:10 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by Altimus Prime
Uh, there is this thing that the Interwebs, or Internets or something, where you can view the complete ad on your pc thingy.
How come you didn't do that to look at Face/Off?

As for me, I'm going to try and avoid doing any shopping at Circuit City as well due to their recent behavior.
Old 09-09-07, 01:58 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I have a "Save $10 off the purchase of $50" from Circuit City coupon. Screw boycotting for something the big-wigs done on the internet, I'm gonna use that coupon when I find $50 worth of DVD's I want there.
Old 09-09-07, 02:40 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by dtcarson
Seriously. I haven't gotten a paper in years and I still manage to read the ads.
You can even go here
http://www.sundaysaver.com/
and it'll redirect you to each store's ad. It's not really that difficult.
And telling people "Hey, wait, this item will be 20$--or 100$--cheaper two weeks from now!" is not really a "service" any (sane) company wants.
Anyway, I don't really make an effort at pricematching unless it's something I've already bought. I'd be interested in Fletch, maybe, but nothing else really jumps out at me. Then again, I haven't been really into movies recently.
Never knew about that site. Thanks for the link.
Old 09-09-07, 03:18 PM

Originally Posted by fumanstan
As for me, I'm going to try and avoid doing any shopping at Circuit City as well due to their recent behavior.
OK, I think we're all well aware of "the issue" with CCity.

Do we really need to have this brought up in every thread about deals at CCity? I think not.

How come you didn't do that to look at Face/Off?
Best Buy didn't have it in their ad, nor did Target. And sometimes, the price on the Web site isn't the same as an in-store sale price.
Old 09-09-07, 03:26 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I think the "Poll" at the top of this thread is what is inducing the commentary on CC's less than stellar reputation
Old 09-09-07, 03:52 PM

The poll is about the bargains, not CCity's "reputation." Although people are probably voting for that reason anyway. Which means the poll results really aren't valid.
Old 09-09-07, 04:11 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Not only am I doing all my B&M DVD shopping at Best Buy and/or Costco, I'm no longer referring anyone to Circuit City for big-ticket purchases until "the suits" stop this legal nonsense and/or are replaced (like their senior retail staff a few months ago.)

So far it's cost them about $200 in purchases (including price-matches @ Best Buy) from me and another $1,500 from "lost referrals."
Old 09-09-07, 04:18 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer & TOAT Winner

Received 328 Likes on 247 Posts
Most of these DVDs are priced WAY below cost, so it's not like they're making a huge profit if you buy them there. I'll keep buying cheap DVDs there, but I'll NEVER buy a big-ticket item at Circus City ever since their 'service department' messed up a TV I bought there more than 10 years ago.

The last few times I've picked up $3.99 DVDs there, I got invitations on the receipts to take their online surveys, so I said basically "Thanks for the $3.99 DVDs, but I'll never buy anything that actually makes you money! You will NEVER be forgiven for DIVX!"
Old 09-09-07, 04:39 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

The poll is about the bargains, not CCity's "reputation."
When you ask people for their opinion, don't be surprised when they give you answers that don't fit in the original box. Consider all of the posts here to be "write in candidates" since "CC sux0rs!" wasn't on the ballet.
Old 09-09-07, 05:04 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 271 Likes on 204 Posts
Gonna PM Boogie Nights at BB.
Old 09-09-07, 05:26 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,011 Likes on 616 Posts
The poll is about the bargains, not CCity's "reputation."
The only reason this poll was created was due to the recent problems with CC. Otherwise, why even make a poll on this forum with such a loaded question?
Old 09-10-07, 07:16 AM

Originally Posted by Alan Smithee
Most of these DVDs are priced WAY below cost, so it's not like they're making a huge profit if you buy them there. I'll keep buying cheap DVDs there, but I'll NEVER buy a big-ticket item at Circus City ever since their 'service department' messed up a TV I bought there more than 10 years ago.

The last few times I've picked up $3.99 DVDs there, I got invitations on the receipts to take their online surveys, so I said basically "Thanks for the $3.99 DVDs, but I'll never buy anything that actually makes you money! You will NEVER be forgiven for DIVX!"

Ding! Ding! Ding!

We have a winner...

Don't boycott CC for their "loss leaders", if you really want to hurt them, just but the products that they will make little or no profit on...

However, do you guys really want CC to go out of business and create more of a monopoly for BB?

What's that old saying again?

Oh yea, "Don't cut off your nose to spite your face"...

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.