Reload this Page >

All store exclusives and freebies - 8/05/07 to 8/11/07

DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Old 08-03-07, 07:04 AM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Received 668 Likes on 448 Posts

These weekly threads are for the posting and discussion of that particular week's store exclusives and freebies.

Links to the master list and to the previous week's thread are below.

Volunteers needed: I regularly go to Best Buy, Circuit City, Target, and Walmart; but don't visit the other stores every week. If you work at or regularly go to the FYE/TWEC chains, Costco, Borders, K-mart/Sears, Barnes and Noble, Blockbuster, Hot Topic, or any other store that has DVD exclusives; I'd appreciate any updates you could give us.

All Stores - some will still have Simpsons moviecash with various Simpsons Season sets

Target - bonus DVD with TMNT
larger slipcover and home improvement mini-book with Are We Done Yet?
exclusive slipcover with Disturbia
bonus DVD with The Hills Season 2

Circuit City - small action figure with TMNT

Best Buy - will still have Rush Hour 3 moviecash free with selected DVD purchases
Superbad bonus DVD and $12 movie voucher with select Columbia DVD purchases
possibly will still have The Bourne Files w/ new movie moviecash
Alex Ross art card with Flash Gordon Saviour of the Universe Edition
wine stopper with Rome Season 2
bonus DVD with Are We Done Yet?

Wal Mart - bonus content on downloadable code card with Disturbia
bonus DVD (PC DVDRom of the TMNT videogame) with TMNT:The Movie
various Simpsons Season sets with free t-shirt
bonus music CD and packaging with Are We Done Yet?

FYE/Sam Goody/other TWEC - card for 15 free digital prints with Disturbia

Borders - I have not been in the store to verify all new exclusives; has anyone else been there?

Costco - "The Complete Idiot's Guide to Simple Home Improvements" CD-Rom with purchase of Are We Done Yet?

Barnes and Noble - I have not been in the store to verify all new exclusives; has anyone else been there?

Blockbuster - $5 gift card with Disturbia

K-Mart/Sears - I have not been in the store to verify all new exclusives; has anyone else been there?

Hot Topic - I have not been in the store to verify all new exclusives; has anyone else been there?

This is week #2 of the new format.
last week: exclusive thread for 7/29/07 to 8/04/07
next week: exclusive thread for 8/12/07 to 8/18/07
Link to the master list thread in my sig below.

Last edited by Trevor; 08-15-07 at 09:33 AM.
Old 08-03-07, 07:22 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think Circuit City is going to have a free TMNT figure with purchase of the movie DVD according to speedy's thread.

Thanks for keeping track of the exclusives for us!
Old 08-03-07, 07:54 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

The Wal-Mart exclusive with the TMNT movie is the DVD-ROM version of the TMNT movie video game.
Old 08-03-07, 08:33 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Location: In a small pocket universe hoping to someday become a Moderator Emeritus at DVDTalk.com!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Tenacious D
I think Circuit City is going to have a free TMNT figure with purchase of the movie DVD according to speedy's thread.

Thanks for keeping track of the exclusives for us!
Trevor is a good man for doing this.
Old 08-03-07, 08:49 AM

Originally Posted by speedy1961
Trevor is a good man for doing this.
Thanks speedy! And thanks to you, keeping this list has been a lot easier the past year or so. Thank you for your weekly threads of the big 3!

Speaking of help, I would love to find dedicated DVDtalkers who either work at or regularly visit any DVD stores besides the big 4.

I regularly go to Best Buy, Circuit City, Target, and Walmart; but don't visit the other stores every week.

So for the FYE/TWEC chains, Costco, Borders, K-mart/Sears, Barnes and Noble, Blockbuster, Hot Topic, or any other store that occasionally has DVD exclusives; if you work there or go every week I'd appreciate any updates you could give us.
Old 08-05-07, 03:41 PM

Just an FYI to everyone: The current big sale on DVDs at BB (many titles down to 3.99, 6.99 and 9.99) includes several that originally had exclusive discs. Browsing the big bins at one BB today, I found a couple older titles with these bonuses. YMMV of course, but the following titles are on sale, re-stocked in mass at some stores, and may have the bonuses: Matrix Revolutions, Along Came Polly, Turistas, Davinci Code 2 disc, Matrix Reloaded.
Old 08-05-07, 04:07 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 271 Likes on 204 Posts
Superbad movie cash is also available at Best Buy.
Old 08-05-07, 05:08 PM

Originally Posted by Trevor
Just an FYI to everyone: The current big sale on DVDs at BB (many titles down to 3.99, 6.99 and 9.99) includes several that originally had exclusive discs. Browsing the big bins at one BB today, I found a couple older titles with these bonuses. YMMV of course, but the following titles are on sale, re-stocked in mass at some stores, and may have the bonuses: Matrix Revolutions, Along Came Polly, Turistas, Davinci Code 2 disc, Matrix Reloaded.
Was there a bonus disc with Davinci Code at BB? I checked the first thread and didn't see anything mentioned for BB..
Later
Old 08-05-07, 05:14 PM

Best Buy has a exclusive Alex Ross art card with Flash Gordon Saviour of the Universe Edition this week says minimum 6 per store.
Old 08-05-07, 05:29 PM

Target has an exclusive Two Disc Deluxe Edition of TMNT.
Old 08-05-07, 06:01 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts
Yes there was Johnsun.

Best Buy sold "Da Vinci Code" with an MP3 book on... (I want to say cassette, but it was also released on CD) of "Angels & Demons"; a CD-ROM. All the MP3s were in 160 bits with a total of six hours and fifty-eight minutes.

I don't believe there were any store exclusives for the X rated version, "The Da Vinci Load" (which by the way spawned a sequel).
Old 08-05-07, 10:49 PM

i don't know how long they have been out, but my Wal-mart has a bonus Simpsons movie t-shirt with the purchase of select seasons.
There's a big display and they are packaged in a side-by-side 2 pack.
Old 08-05-07, 11:07 PM

I'm so glad I opened a thread that states "no time to check" for every store assumed to have sales in the thread title.

I don't think I get this thread.
Old 08-05-07, 11:08 PM

Sorry, I just sounded like an asshole.
Old 08-05-07, 11:12 PM
Premium Member

Received 676 Likes on 456 Posts
Originally Posted by Anna Karina
Yeah, you did. He's been doing this for over 2 years with success.
Old 08-05-07, 11:22 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Crap, now TMNT will be the first ever movie where I have to comparison shop extras :\
Old 08-06-07, 07:48 AM

Originally Posted by Anna Karina
That's alright. I obviously don't have time to go to every store every week (although sometimes I do), so that is just the wording I put in until I or someone else actually confirms every exclusive that they have that week.

But maybe I should change the wording, it does come off as a bit rude perhaps.

I just want it to say something that conveys that someone still needs to check out the store and verify all new exclusives.
Old 08-06-07, 09:36 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Yea, I like the thread. It's a great idea.
Old 08-06-07, 12:10 PM
DVD Talk Legend

This was technically last week's deal, but I'll mention it anyway cuz some stores may still have it. Suncoast/FYE had an exclusive bonus disc for 300. They keep their "new release" prices through Monday, then it typically goes up $2 each week. But they priced the 2-disc SE of 300 the same as every other store: $22.99 (save 10% more if you are a Backstage Pass member), so Trans World stores actually have the best 300 deal in my opinion, and the price is valid through today, but will likely go up tomorrow...

Last edited by kenbenobi; 08-06-07 at 01:38 PM.
Old 08-06-07, 01:14 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 82 Likes on 49 Posts
I went to every Suncoast and FYE in the surrounding areas (7 stores in total) and none of them would let me have the bonus disc unless I pre-ordered 300 before release date. So YMMV.
Old 08-06-07, 01:20 PM

Originally Posted by The Valeyard
I went to every Suncoast and FYE in the surrounding areas (7 stores in total) and none of them would let me have the bonus disc unless I pre-ordered 300 before release date. So YMMV.
I'll try to get an extra one for you.
Old 08-06-07, 01:41 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by The Valeyard
So, are they going to play frisbee with all of the remaining discs they had? That makes no sense... I could understand some stores being out of them, but if they have them, and you are willing to purchase the DVD from them, why not give it to you? Whoever it was that refused you is an idiot...
Old 08-06-07, 05:21 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by kenbenobi
So, are they going to play frisbee with all of the remaining discs they had? That makes no sense... I could understand some stores being out of them, but if they have them, and you are willing to purchase the DVD from them, why not give it to you? Whoever it was that refused you is an idiot...
Totally agree.
Old 08-06-07, 06:09 PM
Banned

The problem at my not so local FYE is they ran out of 300 movie discs so I'm out of luck in getting the bonus as well.
Old 08-06-07, 06:12 PM

I placed an order on FYE.com on July 31 after I called my closest one and they said it was for pre-orders only.. CS told me to email their promotions department and haven't heard anything yet.. But I got my order in before they changed the banner on the site to sold out, so I'll cross my fingers..
Later

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.