Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

Is it just me or is the AI in NFL2k1 super cheap?

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Is it just me or is the AI in NFL2k1 super cheap?

Old 02-26-01, 08:03 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I don't think I will ever get though a whole season on the Pro setting. I started a season again today. Playing as the Ravens. First game against Pittsburgh I own them first half. They score a quick touchdown before the end of the half, no biggie. In the second half all of a sudden no play I call can stop Bettis. Nothing. No play, he breaks all tackles in the backfield, busts through the middle. And when they pass they can get a reception in triple coverage. They pull ahead, but I get a score, go for the 2, don't get it and I am down 21-19. They blow up the field again for a field goal, I have 4 min left so I figure I can get a score. Off the kick off they force fumble and run it back for a touchdown.

This game always pulls this kinda crap on me, a key fumble all the time when the computer needs it, or all of a sudden the other team becomes unstoppable.

Am I alone in this or do I deserve a thread full of "you suck" flames?
Old 02-26-01, 08:29 PM
Retired

It's cheap, I can play on rookie with 5 minute quarters and win 81-0 and then switch to pro, use the same teams and lose 21-17, or maybe squeak out a close game. To me, that is how hard All Pro should be. If you can win that big on Rookie, then Pro should be more moderate. For example the outcome using the same teams should be like a 35-21 victory or something. There is way too much of a jump in difficulty from rookie to pro.
Old 02-26-01, 08:37 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Thank God I am not the only one who thinks the Pro mode is way to hard. I destroy teams in rookie and get to Pro and get told to "squeel like a pig".
Old 02-26-01, 09:16 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I play a half in pro, and am usally down by 3 touchdowns, then I play the second half on rookie, but I have won on pro it's just very frustrating.
Old 02-27-01, 01:44 AM

This is the reason I now only play aginst other people, it just got to frustrating when the comp plays perfect and I cant do anything.
Old 02-27-01, 01:56 AM
Retired

Forgot to mention that the worse part about it is that you're players suck when you set it on pro. Receivers will be wide open and just drop the ball like 75% of the time. If they wanted to make it tough to pass on pro, they should have made the computer play tight defense, not just have your receivers drop every other pass.
Old 02-27-01, 03:26 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I agree with all of you. The change in difficulty is outrageous. You think pro is bad though...try playing it on all-pro. I dont think i've gotten through a game without quiting its so lame.
Old 02-27-01, 07:34 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 46 Likes on 28 Posts
I agree All Pro is death. I kill on Rookie but the Pro is another story.
Old 02-27-01, 05:58 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Well I started another season on Pro and somehow I freaking shutout the Steelers 45-0, I have no freaking clue how I did it. I actually checked a couple of times to make sure I was playing in pro.

I played my second game against Jacksonville, I had them tied up 3-3 with 2 sec to go in the half and they get a miracle interception and run in back for a td. In the second half I get the lead 13-10, and they just drive up the field at will for a td, so I set the difficulty to rookie for one drive and get a td in 58 seconds.

Great graphics, great gameplay, cheap AI.