Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > International DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Bad Lieutenant French or Australian edition?

Community
Search
International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-07, 08:31 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does anyone know about either of these 2 releases. A web search indicates the Australian release is a special edition and the limited info on DVD Aficionado indicates the French is as well.
Old 07-17-07, 01:44 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Ah, the "Bad Lieutenant Uncut Edition" also known as the "Harvey Keitel isn't Really Jewish Edition."
Old 07-17-07, 04:00 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

i find it hard to believe that Lion's Gate won't release a SE at some point.
Old 07-17-07, 04:24 AM

Unfortunately I know nothing about Australian edition, but the French has nice extras and one big minus - French subtitles are forced. This is the one thing that always annoyed me about many French releases.
Old 07-17-07, 08:03 PM

If the back cover is accurate, the Australian release is feature only - no extras
Old 07-19-07, 06:36 AM

The French DVD edition of the film features improper NTSC to PAL conversion. That, coupled with the forced French subtitles, makes the film unwatchable. However, I bought it for the extras (specifically the documentary on Abel Ferrara). The documentary is good, but the reply value is only above average. In short, only buy the French edition if you really want to see the documentary. If you want a decent presentation of the film, then look elsewhere.

P.S. An R1 special edition would be nice. The inclusion of the original soundtrack music by Schooly D would be cool as well, but that's not happening. I am glad that I found a VHS copy of the film with the original soundtrack still intact. It only cost me a dollar. Good stuff.
Old 03-22-11, 04:20 PM

Schooly D On VHS

Muchos apologies for Ultra Necro-Bumping, but regarding hulka's post, I was wondering which VHS version featured the Schooly D soundtrack?

Is it the rental or the retail? More info would be appreciated, as I would like to post this on wikipedia (since they're always lacking in detail).