Search
Comic Book Talk The Place to talk about Comics

Buffy the Vampire Slayer - Season 8 Comic Book

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-07, 05:20 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 211 Likes on 178 Posts
Buffy the Vampire Slayer - Season 8 Comic Book

I've been out of collecting comic books for a few years now, but does anyone know if there will be a Volume Collection or (outside of a local comic shop) a good place to buy the issues online (for low cost)? Hell, is it even worth it? Any advice would be appreciated. I like the show and am interested in this series...
Old 07-16-07, 11:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I like the Buffy comic, but we've only seen 4 issues, so it's a little early. Issue 5 comes out August 1st. Issues 1-5 will be collected in a trade paperback November 14th. Issues 1-4 are the 'season premiere,' "The Long Way Home." Issue 5 is a one-shot, "The Chain."

(And, by the way, there's a subforum dedicated to comic books.)
Old 07-17-07, 12:12 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 211 Likes on 178 Posts
Originally Posted by John_Shil
I like the Buffy comic, but we've only seen 4 issues, so it's a little early. Issue 5 comes out August 1st. Issues 1-5 will be collected in a trade paperback November 14th. Issues 1-4 are the 'season premiere,' "The Long Way Home." Issue 5 is a one-shot, "The Chain."

Thanks for the info John. And if a mod sees this, could the topic be moved to the comic book subforum?
Old 07-17-07, 12:43 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 132 Likes on 96 Posts
Originally Posted by John_Shil

So how long is this supposed to go for? A ton of issues? I thought I had read 10 somewhere, but maybe I'm just making that up.
Old 07-18-07, 02:12 AM

Originally Posted by Superman07
So how long is this supposed to go for? A ton of issues? I thought I had read 10 somewhere, but maybe I'm just making that up.

I read it was supposed to go closer to 25-26 issues, but that changed.

From NY Times: http://www.nytimes.com/2007/05/26/ar...&ex=1184904000

The series was originally planned for about 24 issues, but will now be closer to 40 or 50. Mr. Whedon is writing the opening story line, while other writers will step in for smaller story arcs, but everyone will be working toward an already planned ending.

“They all have my sort of manifesto, which I update constantly,” Mr. Whedon said. “And I’ll sit down with the writers so that I can fold their stories into the bigger picture.”
Old 07-19-07, 08:12 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by TheMovieman
does anyone know if there will be a Volume Collection or (outside of a local comic shop) a good place to buy the issues online (for low cost)?
I live in DC and we only have two comic book stores - both in Georgetown which is across the city for me. So I have a subscription through "Things From Another World". They ARE in fact publishing them as compilations too - issues 1-5 will be out 11/14 and is also available on the site. So far I am enjoying it though each issue seems WAY too short IMHO.
Old 08-16-07, 02:06 PM

Originally Posted by rfduncan
I live in DC and we only have two comic book stores - both in Georgetown which is across the city for me. So I have a subscription through "Things From Another World". They ARE in fact publishing them as compilations too - issues 1-5 will be out 11/14 and is also available on the site. So far I am enjoying it though each issue seems WAY too short IMHO.
rfduncan,
Didn't know if you were aware, but there is another comic shop in DC - Fantom Comics. It's right by the Tenleytown Metro stop:

http://www.fantomcomics.com/

Hope this is of some help to you! (BTW, I agree totally about the Buffy issues being way too short.)
Old 08-16-07, 06:59 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,724 Likes on 1,880 Posts
Jo Chen's cover for issue #8.

Soooo badass....
Old 08-16-07, 07:34 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Josh-da-man

TF?! That Faith?
Old 01-07-09, 12:55 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Re: Buffy the Vampire Slayer - Season 8 Comic Book

I see there is another thread for S8, but I don't know how far the "spoilers" may go.

A friend has let me borrow his Vols 1-3 and I just finished Vol 1. I'm really enjoying it so far. It shows me how great the writing is/was for the series, how whitty the dialogue is/was, and how much I missed these characters.