View Single Post
Old 07-08-07, 03:23 AM   #110
David Prior

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScissorPuppy
Mr. Prior I am not counting against anything you say, as your very well informed.

I just know someone who is very close to finchers circle. But that doesn't mean by the time he/she gets the info it hasn't been "jaded" somewhat.

Can you confim Fincher did alot of work on the dvd features before the bare bones edition was announced?
I'm sure your friend told you what they believed to be true (and I probably know who it is), and as I said, they were generally correct. As the person creating the DVD features, I can confirm that there was an enormous amount of work done before the announcement -- indeed, the majority of it was completed in an effort to meet the original date. But this is a very ambitious project, easily the most far-reaching I've ever worked on, and owing largely to studio snafus that I can't really elaborate on, I didn't have enough time to do it properly. Thus Fincher bought me the extra time by agreeing to a staggered release, which I'm very grateful for.

To answer another, yes the DC will be available in HD as well. But be forewarned -- the theatrical cut will only be available on the barebones edition.