Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Jet Grind Radio

Old 02-26-01, 10:37 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
This is a great game. I just beat the final level. I have not unlocked all of the characters yet. I would love to play as the dog. That has got to be funny as hell.

What have been your experiences with this game? Have you created your own tags? My 6 year old have made a few and, I have downloaded a couple from the net.

This game could use a deathmatch mode.
Old 02-26-01, 01:56 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I agree, it's a very great game. I just wish the later levels weren't so hard, focusing not on what makes the game so great. But still, overall it was really fun. I agree that there should've been a 2-player mode. That woulda kicked ass.
Oh and yeah I've made some tags. Dey r0x!
Old 02-26-01, 03:48 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Picked this up during the $20 sale at Target and have to admit it was an addictive game. Haven't finished it yet though.
Old 02-26-01, 04:09 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

My favorite character is Cube. I like his endurance and, something about skating around with a boombox on your shoulder just seems cool.

Old 02-26-01, 04:13 PM

Originally posted by darkside
Picked this up during the $20 sale at Target and have to admit it was an addictive game. Haven't finished it yet though.
Wow 20 bucks? Is it still that low @ Target?
Old 02-26-01, 04:31 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally posted by tha_dvd_man
I thinks it back to $40 again. The sale was a few weeks ago.
Old 02-26-01, 05:23 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

This is one of my favorite DC games. Finished it in 4 hours flat. Great music and graphics.
Old 02-26-01, 05:29 PM

This is the HIPPEST game I've ever played. It's so damned fun to play. I really hope they tweak the control and camera for the sequal though...another thing: What's up with this game selling so poorly? It never made it into the top 20 in video game sales. That's just sad. This game has everything going for it--great graphics, originality, and it's fun as hell!
Old 02-26-01, 05:40 PM

Originally posted by KoalSlaw
This is the HIPPEST game I've ever played. It's so damned fun to play. I really hope they tweak the control and camera for the sequal though...another thing: What's up with this game selling so poorly? It never made it into the top 20 in video game sales. That's just sad. This game has everything going for it--great graphics, originality, and it's fun as hell!
Three words:
People
Are
Stupid
Old 02-26-01, 06:17 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by KoalSlaw
You could say the same thing about Virtua Tennis. Another excellent game that did not get very much attention.
Old 02-26-01, 06:18 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Never made top 20 in sales!? Wow! I consider it the best title Dreamcast has, especially in light of the grisly disappointment that is Shenmue.
Old 02-27-01, 07:31 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 46 Likes on 28 Posts
Originally posted by tha_dvd_man
I thinks it back to $40 again. The sale was a few weeks ago.
I picked it up yesterday at Target for 20 I had a raincheck from when it was on sale. The price was 50 bucks ouch. It is a really cool game.
Old 02-27-01, 11:19 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Quick note about Virtua Tennis is that it was named in the Top 15 games of all time in the last Gamepro magazine I think it was number 8 or something. Also as far as Jet Grind I played this yesterday for the first time, and it is pretty fun. I also have Jet Set from Japan, but haven't played it yet.
Old 02-27-01, 01:59 PM

>You could say the same thing about Virtua Tennis. Another excellent game that did not get very much attention.<

Actually with Virtua Tennis they didn't expect it to sell well and only made 50K copies.. They sold out within the first 2 days and the title was then very hard to get for a few weeks until they could manufacture more of them..

Note they are making a sequel this year with female players and possibly online play!