Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Star Wars PS2?

Old 02-23-01, 11:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I want to get this game but I was hoping to get some feedback on it. Can anyone help?
Old 02-24-01, 12:14 AM
Cool New Member

Starfighter is definately worth a purchase...

If your a fan of Rogue Squadron or Battle for Naboo, then buying Starfighter should be a no-brainer. Starfighter had gorgeous graphics that blow away its LucasArts predecessors, and the control scheme is vastly superior with the PS Dual Shock controller.

Space combat fans who prefer Colony Wars to Rogue Squadron will probably also like Starfighter, thanks to more elaborate missions, better plots, and the increased ship control relative to the past LucasArts games.

Obviously if your not a fan of dogfighting games, this game isn't for you. And be warned, there are no familiar Star Wars characters and no lightsabers. But if you like to sit in a cockpit, fly around, and shoot stuff, this game is hard to beat.
Old 02-24-01, 09:45 AM

I went out and picked the game up yesterday. I ended up staying up most of the night playing it. It's a great game, and if you are a fan of Star Wars flight games it's a must have.
Old 02-24-01, 10:29 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Yeah I've been playing it off and on for the past two days ... amazing graphics and sound — and if you like dogfights this is the game for you.

And besides the 14 standard missions there are several unlockable missions and a two-player mode.
Old 02-24-01, 11:44 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yeah, I picked this up on Friday. If I wasn't so damn hooked on the 'net, I would have played all day.
But, this is without a doubt, the best use os Star Wars in a while.
Old 02-25-01, 12:40 AM

MINIME - invincibility
Old 02-26-01, 06:06 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

i'd rent it first - while it is the best looking and sounding start wars game out there, it's pretty easy and i think you could cruise through it pretty quick unless you play on hard and try to get all the mission objectives. the space missions are very repetitive, like colony wars, but the ground missions are very cool.
Old 02-26-01, 09:45 AM

Originally posted by adboy151
And besides the 14 standard missions there are several unlockable missions and a two-player mode.
I found it a bit short (got it on friday, and am on the last mission...where oh where is the 2-palyer mode. Didnt see a thing about it.
Old 02-26-01, 01:55 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The 2-player mode is unlocked once you beat the game on any difficulty. There are many other Easter Eggs (including an extra ship) in the game as well.

AgtFox
Old 02-26-01, 05:42 PM
CineSchlock-O-Rama

Um, I didn't realize it was out on PS2 yet. How are y'all playing it?
Old 02-26-01, 07:57 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally posted by noelgross
Um, I didn't realize it was out on PS2 yet. How are y'all playing it?
It was released last Wednesday (2/21). I picked mine up at TRU, but have seen it at Target as well.
Old 02-27-01, 02:00 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: under the stars with a great view of the mountains and a the lovely aroma of cow shit.
sweet game. Best graphics yet for the ps2.
Old 02-27-01, 11:42 AM
CineSchlock-O-Rama

OK, I'm caught up with the class now. I rented a copy. Amazon/ToysRUs.com didn't have it -- so I foolishly didn't think it was out.

It's OK so far. Can't say I'm really overwhelmed. Each starfighter is basically the same. I do dig the sniper mode. Very cool.
Old 02-27-01, 09:36 PM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,033 Likes on 4,118 Posts
Just got my copy. I'm not a big fan of the shooter genre, but this is a nice game. Those ground missions are just too sweet, love the graphics. The sniper mode is nice too. I'd recommend it highly; even if you beat it quickly, it's still fun to replay.