Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

Any Colin Hay fans? New album - "Are You Looking at Me?"

Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Old 06-25-07, 01:12 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just got into his older stuff with "Wayfaring Son's" being my favorite. Am downloading the new album now. Anyone else have it? What do you think?
Old 06-25-07, 10:37 AM
Cool New Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I bought the cd from Amazon a couple of weeks ago right after finally buying his cd COMPANY OF STRANGERS. I love that one so much that I haven't really given ARE YOU LOOKING AT ME? a proper listen to yet. The following tracks have already won me over though:

ARE YOU LOOKING AT ME?
WHAT WOULD BOB DO
LOSE TO WIN

I just can't stop listening to I GOT WOKEN UP and LUCKY BASTARD off of COMPANY OF STRANGERS. COLIN'S work is soooo brilliant. I've been following him since his MEN at WORK days. I wish he'd release remastered versions of his first 3 cd's sometime soon, especially LOOKING FOR JACK. TWO HEARTS by MEN at WORK also needs the remaster treating a.s.a.p.
Old 06-25-07, 11:42 AM

He has been touring and I saw him perform last month. He spoke almost as much as he sang, and it was quite entertaining. It was him and 2 guitars on stage. Quite an intimate performance.
Old 06-26-07, 05:49 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

HUGE Colin Hay fan!

Besides Men at Work I loved him when he was on my favorite comedy of all-time, Scrubs.
Old 06-26-07, 07:36 AM
Cool New Member

Originally Posted by nateman241
HUGE Colin Hay fan!

Besides Men at Work I loved him when he was on my favorite comedy of all-time, Scrubs.
That's funny because I started watching SCRUBS because of that episode and now I'm hooked. I was flipping channels one night when I saw COLIN walking around looking like zombie and singing and I thought I was seeing things. I've been watching faithfully and collecting the DVD sets ever since.
Old 06-26-07, 12:16 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,748 Likes on 1,093 Posts
I had the honor of sitting in on a radio interview with Hay a few years ago. He did a live acoustic set and it was really good.
Old 06-26-07, 05:06 PM

The track "Pure Love" was played at the end of a Scrubs episode earlier this year.
Old 06-27-07, 06:59 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Matt Bowers
That's funny because I started watching SCRUBS because of that episode and now I'm hooked. I was flipping channels one night when I saw COLIN walking around looking like zombie and singing and I thought I was seeing things. I've been watching faithfully and collecting the DVD sets ever since.
Good man. I'm glad that you bought the DVD sets as well & for anyone who hasn't seen the show yet I extremely recommend you pick up seasons 1-5 on DVD now! Cause your missing the funniest comedy on television if you havn't seen it yet.
Old 06-27-07, 10:38 AM
Cool New Member

Originally Posted by Giantrobo
I had the honor of sitting in on a radio interview with Hay a few years ago. He did a live acoustic set and it was really good.
That's very cool. COLIN and his wife were just on THE BIG 80'S with MARK GOODMIN on SIRIUS last week. They talked about a lot of interesting stuff, plus COLIN played a couple of tunes live. It was sweet! MARK even played music off the new CD which they normally don't do on the show since it all about the 80's.
Old 06-27-07, 03:29 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 164 Likes on 117 Posts
"Wayfaring Sons" is a fantastic album, I remember buying it when it came out in 1990 or so. I really like "Going Somewhere" too, nice acoustic stuff.
Old 06-27-07, 05:51 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: the kingdom of the evil Voratians, ruled by the wicked Ak-Oga
Received 80 Likes on 46 Posts
Pretty ironic album title, since we never really know who the hell he's looking at.

Old 06-28-07, 11:47 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Yeah, Scrubs got me to be a fan of his as well. I'll probably give this a listen as well.
Old 06-28-07, 05:29 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Does anyone know why he has a few of the same songs on different albums, but with different arrangements? For example: The song "Wayfaring Sons" appears on both Going Somewhere and Wayfaring Sons. The same can be said for "Dream On" which is on Wayfaring Sons and Peaks and Valleys.

BTW the Wayfaring sons version of "Dream On (In the night)" is my new favorite song.