Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Vidoe game fanboys

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-01, 12:30 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You know the type of people I'm talking about. I see a lot of this on the IGN message boards for PS2 and other systems. They seem very immature and around the age of 15 or so. I'm probably wrong about the age part, though. Anyway, I get tired of people writing about how, "PS2 rules and and X-Box and Game Cube, etc. ", suck. Or rearrange those names in any order you would like. Who really cares which system is the "best"? As for thinking X-Box or Gamecube is superior to PS2 or anything else, seeing is believing and I haven't seen either one of those consoles in action yet. I have a PS2 but I don't care if one of the other next generation consoles outsells it, as long as mine has good games and support.

What do you think?
Old 02-24-01, 12:35 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts
I always preferred a PC but hey, it's all about what you like best, and who cares what a little high school troll says.
Old 02-24-01, 12:41 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unfortunately there is a few of them here too.
Old 02-24-01, 04:39 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Game play is all the matters.

Its all about the games. I have owned a lot of consoles, but really its never been about hardware. If there is a game out there that I want then I will buy whatever it takes to play it. I hate it when people start comparing specs for various systems, because none of that really matters. Its about the work that goes into making a quality piece of software. Its about the great developers at Sega, Nintendo, Square, Capcom, Konami or where ever that matter. If I buy at least one great game for a console then the expense of the hardware was worth it. I have played games on a 8 or 16 bit system that were just as great an anything on the 128 bit systems. Graphic power is not the end all of gaming.
Old 02-24-01, 05:00 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Game play is all the matters.

Originally posted by darkside
Its all about the games. I have owned a lot of consoles, but really its never been about hardware. If there is a game out there that I want then I will buy whatever it takes to play it. I hate it when people start comparing specs for various systems, because none of that really matters. Its about the work that goes into making a quality piece of software. Its about the great developers at Sega, Nintendo, Square, Capcom, Konami or where ever that matter. If I buy at least one great game for a console then the expense of the hardware was worth it. I have played games on a 8 or 16 bit system that were just as great an anything on the 128 bit systems. Graphic power is not the end all of gaming.

You said it......owning all systems is truly the only way to ever play every great game available!!! Some may be on PS2....Dreamcast, Xbox, Gamecube...etc....They are all worth a look see at one time or another!!!