Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

CROWDED HOUSE reunite for World Tour

Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Old 01-25-07, 09:52 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

CROWDED HOUSE REUNITE FOR WORLD TOUR

Australian band CROWDED HOUSE are reuniting for their first world tour in a decade. The band's former frontman NEIL FINN and bassist NICK SEYMOUR will hold auditions for a new drummer in Melbourne, Australia this week (begs22JAN07). PAUL HESTER, the band's founding drummer, took his own life two years ago (05). Finn has regularly dismissed notions of reforming the band, but reconsidered after Hester's tragic death . Last year (06), Finn toured with SPLIT ENZ, his band that pre-dates Crowded House. In March (07), he will release a solo album, on which Seymour plays bass. Finn tells Sydney's Daily Telegraph, "In the shadow of Paul's passing, we had more than enough reason to seek each other out and take a bit of comfort from each other. "But we've reconnected musically, too. I've really enjoyed him playing bass. There's something instinctive that we've got together and it's pretty undeniable." Rehearsals will begin as soon as a new drummer is found and sources say the new band will commit to a 12-month world tour. The surprise re-forming comes 10 years after the band's emotional farewell performance on the Sydney Opera House steps. New dates will include a performance at April's (06) Coachella Valley Music + Arts Festival in California, which will also feature a reunited RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE among the headliners.

Last edited by cungar; 01-25-07 at 09:52 AM. Reason: misspelling
Old 01-25-07, 11:05 AM

Received 164 Likes on 120 Posts
Cool.
Old 05-27-07, 06:48 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Knew about the tour, but didn't realize that a new album was coming out as well. It's already leaked.

Old 05-31-07, 12:23 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Heard this yesterday. Pretty slow tempo and sad songs throughout. A lot of them seem inspired by Paul Herster's death. Sounds like a Neil Finn solo more than Crowded House. Maybe it will grow on me but it doesn't seem to be up to the par of Woodface or Alone Together.
Old 05-31-07, 12:35 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Many of the songs have the same feel as the song "Private Universe". I liked what I heard on first listen.
Old 05-31-07, 02:22 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 103 Likes on 72 Posts
I've already got my tickets to one of their upcoming shows in hand. My wife is a much bigger fan than I am, but I really like what I've heard so far. I just recently got the DVD-A of their self-titled album and was so impressed by it that I've been going through the rest of their catalogue. He's got a really strong voice.
Old 05-31-07, 03:20 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by GoVegan
I've already got my tickets to one of their upcoming shows in hand. My wife is a much bigger fan than I am, but I really like what I've heard so far. I just recently got the DVD-A of their self-titled album and was so impressed by it that I've been going through the rest of their catalogue. He's got a really strong voice.
I love their debut. I also have the DVD-A and it brings out some interesting quirks. I only saw Crowded House one time ('91), but it was awesome. I'll probably pass on this tour, but it will surely be a good show.
Old 05-31-07, 04:49 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by atlantamoi
I love their debut. I also have the DVD-A and it brings out some interesting quirks. I only saw Crowded House one time ('91), but it was awesome. I'll probably pass on this tour, but it will surely be a good show.
Their best album is Woodface. A grossly underappreciated album (in America at least) that is one of my favorite pure pop albums of all time. It would give Revolver era Beatles a run for their money.
Old 05-31-07, 04:58 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by cungar
Their best album is Woodface.
Agreed.