Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Amazon Shipment Lost?

Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Amazon Shipment Lost?

Old 09-11-06, 08:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Amazon Shipment Lost?

Anyone ever order from Amazon and the shipment got lost?

I ordered in August, received an e-mail confirming shipment by Canada Post, received a card in the door, went to the P.O. and no package. They say it is still "in transit" according to their computer.

Than was on Sept.5/06.

Called the P.O.and they say they are still looking for it but it may be lost, returned to sender, or who knows.

I sent an e-mail to Amazon asking them to investigate from their end but have not received a reply yet.

Anyone have any experience with Amazon with lost packages?

Thanks,

James
Old 09-11-06, 09:12 PM

Never had the experience, but I would suggest calling instead. You'll probably get better service that way, then by email.
Old 09-11-06, 09:59 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts
Actually, I did have missing Amazon shipment (a DVD player). Probably stolen by a holiday UPS employee. Anyway, not only did they send a new one, but they expetited the shipping.
Old 09-11-06, 10:01 PM

I had a book get lost once. I ordered it on amazon.com, but apparently they sent the order to another book dealer to be fulfilled. Amazon told me to contact the third party and the third party told me to contact Amazon.

I ended up getting a refund and buying the book elsewhere. Haven't bought anything from Amazon since and probably won't.
Old 09-12-06, 05:36 AM

This has happened several times to me this year. I usually get 2 or 3-5 day delivery. The 3-5 day is what gets losts most often. I request a reshippment and I usually get a $5 or $10 credit. On a couple of occasions, the original item was delivered a month later. It seems UPS's 3-5 day arrangement with Amazon is poorly executed.
Old 09-12-06, 07:29 AM

Thanks for the replies.

I got a reply from them. They said if it was returned to them they would credit my account and I could re-order. The problemn with that is that my order was for the Chronological Donald Vo.1 and 2. And 1 is no longer available from them.

I e-mailed them again and asked that if it was returned to them if they could re-send it. Waitimg for their reply.

It always happens. You never have problems with ones they have multiple copies of. Just the OOP ones.

James
Old 09-12-06, 09:01 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I had it happen once with 2 day shipping. But my order was showing up as delivered and it cearly never was because I was in my apartment at the time of delivery. They immediately sent a replacement out.
Old 09-12-06, 04:17 PM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
I've never had Amazon not replace something immediately. They have been tops for me.
Old 09-12-06, 04:26 PM

Thanks!

They said they can't resend returned packages so they are sending one DVD out again (They put a new order in my account ay no charge). The other is OOP so they are crediting my card for that one (and they show a credit on my lost order summary).

They said if I do recieve the lost package to let them know.

For the OOP one I had to order from a 3rd party through Amazon. Cost twice the price but what can you do.

James
Old 09-12-06, 04:42 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts
I had them say "Tough shit" on one sent to me once. I stopped buying from them for about two years.
Old 09-12-06, 05:06 PM

Received 1,830 Likes on 1,089 Posts
I moved to a new apartment building and put down the wrong address for my shipment. The realty office, right next to my building, was 9xx, while my building was 10xx. Same property, different buildings, different addresses. Anyway, I put the 9xx instead of the 10xx, and when USPS delivered it, even though drop off packages at the 9xx realty office, they wouldn't deliver it to me. They sent it back to Amazon, who credited my cc, then charged me for shipping. Kinda my fault, and I wasn't happy with Amazon charging me, but c'mon, USPS, get with it!
Old 09-19-06, 11:34 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I always opt for their free shipping, and it has been getting worse lately. It used to be always with UPS or USPS, then it was mostly FedEx ground. Now, I have a package in transit from them via DHL. 2 days ago it was 100 miles south of me. Yesterday it was 160 miles east of me. Today it is ~175 miles northwest of me. DHL just runs around in circles with things, then drops them off at a post office, and they get delivered to me by USPS. How this saves money, I don't understand.