CARS - DVD Deal @ Disneyshopping

Old 08-09-06, 01:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CARS - DVD Deal @ Disneyshopping

$10 Gift Card Deal
Old 08-09-06, 03:03 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The giftcard looks like it's only good on-line.
Old 08-09-06, 03:48 PM
Banned

And the shipping kills the deal.
Old 08-09-06, 04:36 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Always does. They're ridiculous there. The only reason I grab my ankles and take it is because of the lithographs and i'm a Disney fan, dammit.

Let's hope Disney eventually gets back ownership of the Disney stores..
Old 08-09-06, 05:19 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Yikes! That is some expensive shipping... $8.50 to ship 1 DVD?
Old 08-09-06, 05:25 PM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,033 Likes on 4,118 Posts
I'm still in shock by the crappiness of this release. If we can't count on Pixar to give a good, high quality 2-disc DVD, who can we count on?
Old 08-09-06, 06:20 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Location: In a small pocket universe hoping to someday become a Moderator Emeritus at DVDTalk.com!
Originally Posted by cpgator
Yikes! That is some expensive shipping... $8.50 to ship 1 DVD?
Why do you complain? They are being shipped by the finest breed of Wisconsin Carrier Pigeon known to man.......
Old 08-09-06, 09:28 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Rogue588
Always does. They're ridiculous there. The only reason I grab my ankles and take it is because of the lithographs and i'm a Disney fan, dammit.

Sorry for my ignorance, but who owns these stores?
Old 08-09-06, 10:49 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by dx23
Sorry for my ignorance, but who owns these stores?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Disney_Store

Disney sold off the bulk of their mall locations to The Children's Place a few years ago. I know a few stores are still under their control like the Burbank studio store and the Soda Fountain Studio Store in Hollywood. All the park stores are still operated by Disney also.

I miss the days when Disney actually operated the mall locations since the merchandise was of a much higher quality. They also generally had more collectible items and adult-sized clothing. Nowadays most of the store is just toys and kids clothing with very few collectibles.
Old 08-10-06, 09:25 AM
Banned

Thanks!
Old 08-10-06, 10:08 AM

Originally Posted by Rogue588

Ahhhh, so that explains why they no longer have the Lithographs in store anymore. I hate the shipping, but I already have a full set of Lithographs so far. They hooked me.
Old 08-10-06, 10:16 AM

So nobody knows what the in-store promotion (if any) will be? Is it possible that there are no lithographs online or in-store this time around?
Old 08-10-06, 10:27 AM

Originally Posted by JarJarBinks
Ahhhh, so that explains why they no longer have the Lithographs in store anymore. I hate the shipping, but I already have a full set of Lithographs so far. They hooked me.

My wife pre-ordered The Little Mermaid in our local mall store and was given the lithographs, so I don't think that promotion has been removed from all locations.
Old 08-10-06, 02:16 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
hmm...I may have to give 'em a call...
Old 08-10-06, 02:23 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I preordered The Incredibles from The Disney Store in my local mall so I could get the lithographs. Unfortunately, when the DVD came out, The Disney Store only carried the Fullscreen version of the movie. So if you do decide to preorder, make sure they'll offer the version you want.
Old 08-11-06, 03:07 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 272 Likes on 227 Posts
Originally Posted by NitroJMS
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Disney_Store

Disney sold off the bulk of their mall locations to The Children's Place a few years ago. I know a few stores are still under their control like the Burbank studio store and the Soda Fountain Studio Store in Hollywood. All the park stores are still operated by Disney also.

I miss the days when Disney actually operated the mall locations since the merchandise was of a much higher quality. They also generally had more collectible items and adult-sized clothing. Nowadays most of the store is just toys and kids clothing with very few collectibles.
I remember being able to walk into a Disney Store and viewing nice sericels, and even some nice production art cels in their high end collectible section. It is a shame that section of the Disney store went the way of the Dodo.
Old 08-11-06, 09:39 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Here's some coupons for you guys:

CARS10 - 10% off (expires Aug 20)
MATEY - 10% off (expires Aug 22)
NOW10 - 10% off and receive a $25 online giftcard if you spend $50 or more (expires Aug 13)
MINNIE10 - 10% off for registered users only (expires Sep 3)
w w w .couponcabin.com/s.jsp?f=50730g&h=so_318_50730_2006-08-11 - free standard shipping on orders over $75

Please note that I have not tested any of these out and they do say restrictions apply. So, please don't blame me if they don't work on preorders.

Edit: If none of them work you could always, as a last resort, apply for their credit card and, if approved, receive $25 off your order instantly.

2nd edit: Tried some of the codes. 10% off does not work on preorders, but I added items to my cart totalling over $75 (inlcuding Cars DVD preorder) and it said free standard shipping in my cart. It also let me apply a 10% off coupon to items in my cart that were not preorders.

Last edited by sotra; 08-11-06 at 09:46 AM.
Old 08-13-06, 08:03 AM

When I try to add Cars to my shopping cart it says it's empty.
Old 08-13-06, 04:41 PM

Originally Posted by eatntae
I preordered The Incredibles from The Disney Store in my local mall so I could get the lithographs. Unfortunately, when the DVD came out, The Disney Store only carried the Fullscreen version of the movie. So if you do decide to preorder, make sure they'll offer the version you want.
Same thing happened to us so we asked for a refund when we went to go pick up the movie. Got to keep the lithographs. The best part was that I was then able to pick up the movie for a more reasonable price elsewhere.
Old 08-15-06, 12:04 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by speedy1961
Why do you complain? They are being shipped by the finest breed of Wisconsin Carrier Pigeon known to man.......
Yeah, our pigeons are faster than a speeding bullet! They can outrun a locomotive, and... oh wait, that's super pigeon...

Originally Posted by DVDBob
Same thing happened to us so we asked for a refund when we went to go pick up the movie. Got to keep the lithographs. The best part was that I was then able to pick up the movie for a more reasonable price elsewhere.
That's very cool. Win-win situation right there...

Well, I'm hoping there will be a litho for this, but I'm not optomistic.

Last edited by kenbenobi; 08-15-06 at 12:07 PM.
Old 09-19-06, 03:00 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I went to The Disney Store in my local mall today to preorder The Little Mermaid. I'm sure I could get it at a cheaper price on release week, but I wanted the lithographs. When I got there I noticed they're offering lithographs for preordering Cars, too. I asked the employee when they started offering the Cars lithographs and she said they just started today. Again, this will probably be cheaper at Bestbuy/Circuit City on release week, but I wanted to lithographs. Man I'm a sucker. Oh well, if they rerelease a 2-disc special edition later, I'll just get that at BB/CC.

Oh yeah, I made sure to ask if they were going to offer the widescreen release of Cars, and the employee said yes, they were offering both. My receipt even says "Thank you for purchasing CARS DVD WIDESCREEN."

BTW, $19.99 each.