Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Anyone having trouble with AMAZON?

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-05, 01:47 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I tried to log in to track one of my packages and I got a message saying that the email and password do not match any accounts on record! That makes no sense as Ive been on an account for about 2 years, now its like Ive never used them before!

Any help here is greatly appreciated!
Old 10-24-05, 02:12 PM

It's a standard message indicating you had entered an invalid/incorrect combination of email and password (either the email or the password or both).
Old 10-24-05, 02:16 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Have you checked your email for confirmation of purchases you didn't make? Same thing happened to me a few months ago. Someone changed my password and ordered a $500 GC, but didn't use any of my Credit Cards. So it didn't cost me anything, but I had Amazon Customer Support close the account. I don't know how they did it, but I had 3 emails in my inbox: password reset email, order confirmation, password change success email.
Old 10-24-05, 03:43 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Nope I havent recieved anything like that; thankfully.

I know my password and email isnt wrong as I just changed the password on my last order 2 weeks ago and my email address hasnt changed.
Old 10-24-05, 09:57 PM

Try the "forgot password" option so you can make sure that the password is what you think it is. With all the various accounts everyone has from online bank, credit card, various online sites from bookstores to movie retailers and rentals to e-mail, let alone work passwords (which usually have to change every 30-90 days), you may have confused them -- no matter how sure you think you are.

As an example - I tried logging into my DDD account a few days ago. I got an error saying that my userid/password was invalid. I KNEW I had NOT changed it; I had the correct userid. So I used the "forgot password" option and got my password. Well, as it turns out, for whatever strange reason, DDD had truncated my password to 6 characters -- yup, the first 6 of what I originally had. Well, I tried the one they sent me and ... Presto, it worked. I then immediately put the password back to the way it was before truncation. Tried to login with the new password, I just reinstated, and all is well.

my 2 pennies.