Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Bruce Campbell on tour

Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Bruce Campbell on tour

Old 06-21-05, 06:53 PM
Suspended

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bruce Campbell on tour

I'm sure most of you are prolly movie nerds like me and already know, but if you don't, Bruce Campbell is touring the country signing his new book "Make Love the Bruce Campbell Way", which he says actually has nothing to do with making love. But anyway, I got a copy of his book signed by the man himself, it was yesterday (june 20th) at that big old library in philly (19th & vine). He's got all of his dates and where he'll be on his site at www.bruce-campbell.com, me and some friends are planning to stalk him again at some kinda horror convention in August in Baltimore.

There were about 4-500 people there for autographs and he signed every one, talked to each and every fan without shooing em away and posed for pictures and all. A really nice and down to earth guy, and hella funny. There was also a free screening of his upcoming sci-fi channel sci-fi/comedy movie (this one is actually good) "The Man with the Screaming Brain". He wrote and directed it too.
Old 06-21-05, 07:08 PM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by necros
"The Man with the Screaming Brain". He wrote and directed it too.
i had no idea he finally got that made. i think i first heard about it 10 years ago.
Old 06-21-05, 07:13 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Thanks for the heads up, I guess I can see him in New York!
Old 06-21-05, 07:17 PM
Suspended

yeah he said they first came up with the idea when his friend was in a rowboat in 1985, or something like that

I thought it was decent, had a lot of really funny moments. It's campy, like a cheesy acting on purpose kinda thing, Ted Raimi was in it too, and stacey keach was the mad scientist, Ivan Ivanovich Ivanof. It'll be on Sci Fi in September and on DVD prolly some time in October
Old 06-21-05, 08:13 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Figures ... he'll be in Atlanta while I'm out of town. If Chins Could Kill was a great read, so I'm looking forward to this one.

das
Old 06-21-05, 08:27 PM
DVD Talk Legend

He came to Vegas on his If Chins Could Kill tour. There were about 200-300 people crowded around in a Borders bookstore just waiting for him to sign their copy. He did a brief (and hilarious) 20 minute Q&A and he not only signed everybody's copy of the book (and briefly chatted with each person), but after he signed everyone's book, he signed posters/DVDs/VHS tapes/etc. for the people that brought that stuff with them.

Easily one of the coolest celebrities I have ever met.
Old 06-21-05, 08:37 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Comic con comic con comic con!!
Old 06-21-05, 08:45 PM
Suspended

the way the signing worked here was you got 1 autograph per book (either the new one or chins).. but it could be anything so if you didn't want the book signed he'd sign a dvd or whatever you brought. You didn't have to buy the book there either, so if you got it from amazon or whatever, just bring it with ya and he'll sign it. They took numbers and had folks get in line based on your # 100 at a time. We were the early birds (early nerds?) and got there at 1 (first in line!), so we were in the first group which was cool cuz we got to hang at a bar nearby then came back for the show.

his Q&A was like an hour or so it seemed, and he did another little one just about the movie before it started.
Old 06-21-05, 09:00 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Yeah, he's hitting Austin on July 05...but I'll be out of town. I'm not too disappoitned, since it says on the Alamo Drafthouse's website (the theater where the screening will take place) that he won't be signing anything other than the book.

On a related note, if your city is anything like Austin, get your tickets fast. Before I found out the date of the screening and the fact that he wasn't going to sign a DVD if I brought it, I had planned to be at the theater the second tickets went on sale. It probably would've been a good idea, too, since they sold out both screenings in about an hour.

-JP
Old 06-21-05, 09:58 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,287 Likes on 936 Posts
Originally Posted by Jackskeleton
Comic con comic con comic con!!
Yep. Also for those in San Diego that aren't going to the Con on Sunday, he'll be at Mysterious Galaxy bookstore for a signing: Bruce signing info