Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Adding Reward Zone Points AFTER a purchase...

Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Old 05-29-05, 12:11 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey all,

After i got home from putting my new bigscreen on my BB card, i realized that I had $150 in reward zone certs. at home. Since it's still within the 30 days (actually, it's been less than one day), I plan on going back and asking them to ammend the transaction and put the RZ certs toward them. I know you can do this, because technically i could return everything and start fresh. However, since it's a delivery, the lady said the only way to add them would be to come to the store and they would have to undo everything and then redo it, this time adding the rz certs. she said, however, that she may have to change the delivery date.

I talked to a friend that works at BB and he said that they only said that to make discourage me from coming in -- since RZ certs are a pain, and they want to avoid dealing with them..... Has anyone done this?

Also, say i called 3 days from now after i have the tv -- would i have to bring it into the store to "fix" the transaction....i don't think so. I know there's a way that a manager (or even a regular rep) can just ammend the transaction and add the certs -- once agian, since it's soo soon after the initial transaction....

I plan on going in tomorrow to take care of it -- and I am sure it won't be a problem, i just wanted some input. I, obviously, will take my receipt....

I appreciate your input..

Thanks,

Matt

P.S. It's late, an i'm in a hurry, spelling errors don't count this time...
Old 05-29-05, 01:43 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Speaking in very general terms here....

Knowing the way BestBuy usually treats their customers from my experience, if you don't have a rep at BestBuy that you've become friends with and constantly see when you go in, you're going to get shot down.

I have one woman that I see weekly when I go in and we've become very good friends and she helps me out by saving me promo DVDs when she knows I'm coming in and such and it's very nice.

Basically they aren't going to want to take the time to apply the certificates and they'll probably point to some clause that's on the back saying that they can't be used on past purchases. I don't have a certificate with me here know so I can't be sure of the exact language on the back.
Old 05-30-05, 12:15 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,359 Likes on 922 Posts
Why not just use the certs for some good cables for you new TV or a bunch of new DVDs for it.
Old 05-30-05, 11:37 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts
Originally Posted by KillerQ
Hey all,

After i got home from putting my new bigscreen on my BB card, i realized that I had $150 in reward zone certs. at home. Since it's still within the 30 days (actually, it's been less than one day), I plan on going back and asking them to ammend the transaction and put the RZ certs toward them. I know you can do this, because technically i could return everything and start fresh. However, since it's a delivery, the lady said the only way to add them would be to come to the store and they would have to undo everything and then redo it, this time adding the rz certs. she said, however, that she may have to change the delivery date.

I talked to a friend that works at BB and he said that they only said that to make discourage me from coming in -- since RZ certs are a pain, and they want to avoid dealing with them..... Has anyone done this?

Also, say i called 3 days from now after i have the tv -- would i have to bring it into the store to "fix" the transaction....i don't think so. I know there's a way that a manager (or even a regular rep) can just ammend the transaction and add the certs -- once agian, since it's soo soon after the initial transaction....

I plan on going in tomorrow to take care of it -- and I am sure it won't be a problem, i just wanted some input. I, obviously, will take my receipt....

I appreciate your input..

Thanks,

Matt

P.S. It's late, an i'm in a hurry, spelling errors don't count this time...

Matt,

There's no way this happens. I'm fairly certaint the certs themselves say they are not applicable to previous purchases. Of course, it all depends on the CSR, but I really doubt it.

You know you are going to buy DVDs there in the future, so just use it for those and save yourself the trouble. They know you aren't going to return the TV, so it's a vein threat
Old 06-06-05, 02:03 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

yeah, they won't give you RZ points for something you already bought. if you forgot to present your RZ card that's your loss. Count it as a lesson learned.
Old 06-06-05, 05:20 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

They WILL give you RZ points for something you already bought, as long as you have the receipt. Login to your RZ online account and add the transaction # from the bottom of your receipt. As for adding certs to prior purchases, they never did it at my store when I worked there.
Old 06-07-05, 06:39 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
His original message was referring to placing earned CERTIFICATES on a previous purchase which can't be done. You can most certainly add past purchases to your reward zone account if you have the receipt information as you point out in your post. If you don't have your card with you at the time, you can also link to your reward zone account by phone number as well.
Old 06-08-05, 06:01 PM

Technically, you could do this, but probably only if you get the right employee (as dvd-fanman originally posted). If you're lucky enough to get someone who will do this for you, they can simply return the TV and then sell it right back to you (applying the RZ certificates the second time). I don't know if they're "technically" allowed to do this, but the right CSR will do it for you. I had one of those "Preferred Customer" coupons, but I forgot about it and made a purchase (new digital camera). I realized my mistake when I got home, and I simply went back the next day with the coupon. I didn't even take the camera back with me. I didn't have any problems.

So my advice is to just try it if it's really that important to you. What's the worse that could happen...
Old 06-09-05, 06:49 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Hey all,

Yea, it turns out that they gladly would have done this -- however, since it was the next week, i woul dhave lost the $100 discount on the TV, the 10% off coupon, and the double rewardzone points coupon..... haha, as you can see it wasn't worth it. I bought a nice Pioneer 6.1 receiver, some cables, and my wife and I got some DVD's that we would have eventually bought anyway.... It all worked out. But yea, as mentioned above, being nice will get you A LOT....

Later,

Matt