Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > International DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Complete Buffy Boxset Coming To Region 1? Or Not?? [plus Angel/Smallville talk also]

Community
Search
International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

Complete Buffy Boxset Coming To Region 1? Or Not?? [plus Angel/Smallville talk also]

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-05, 12:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi people,

I live in the UK but its no secret that the Region 1 releases of Buffy on DVD were always better than our Region 2 versions. Luckily I never got 'round to buying them seperately and when the 'complete boxset' came out a few months back I was awaiting the Region 1 release of the same thing so I could buy it. Later I learned that it was exclusive to Region 2 only. But surely they have to bring it out on Region 1.... I mean its a American show! How can they not!!??

So if anyone has any news on whether or not this will happen, please let me know. The only places the Region 2 boxset still exists is at ebay.co.uk for £350!! When it was being sold here for a reasonable amount £120!!! Those ebay sellers..... tut tut.

Also, while I'm on the subject.... the Angel releases on DVD were opposite to the Buffy pattern..... Region 2 releases were actually better than Region 1 releases. So any word on Angel getting a complete boxset??? Cause I didnt buy any of those either, hehe.

I'm keeping up with the Region 1 Smallville releases though, 'cause although we know that 20th Century Fox do complete TV boxsets often, we all also know that the WB dont, lol........
Old 03-29-05, 05:09 PM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 909 Likes on 769 Posts
i think this is what you are talking about, but it has been out for a long time now...also, shouldn't this be in TV Talk or DVD Talk as this is clearly domestic and not international, though you may be

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...s=dvd&n=507846
Old 03-29-05, 06:19 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Those are just the individual sets shipped together at the same time. It isn't any different than buying them individually.

In answer to the original question -- no, I highly doubt that R1 will get any sort of 'complete collection' set. I don't think there are many instances of R1 shows that are this big (7 Seasons) getting released as 1 set.
Old 03-30-05, 12:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
the Angel releases on DVD were opposite to the Buffy pattern..... Region 2 releases were actually better than Region 1 releases.

I don't agree. I have the R1 releases and the R2UK version of Season 4. The PQ on the R1 releases are Significanlty better than the R2. I wish Buffy looked as good.

Last edited by mrwilson; 03-30-05 at 04:58 PM.
Old 03-30-05, 02:00 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
mrwilson -- I didn't post that.