Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

Def Leppard - ROCK OF AGES: DEFINITIVE COLLECTION due 5/17 + 2005 Tour w/BRYAN ADAMS

Community
Search
Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Def Leppard - ROCK OF AGES: DEFINITIVE COLLECTION due 5/17 + 2005 Tour w/BRYAN ADAMS

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-05, 09:24 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

http://defleppard.com/discography/rockofages.html

BEST OF (UK) This is the USA track order!
DISC 1:
1. POUR SOME SUGAR ON ME
2. PHOTOGRAPH
3. LOVE BITES
4. LET'S GET ROCKED
5. TWO STEPS BEHIND
6. ANIMAL
7. HEAVEN IS
8. FOOLIN'
9. ROCKET
10. WHEN LOVE & HATE COLLIDE
11. ARMAGEDDON IT
12. HAVE YOU EVER NEEDED SOMEONE SO BAD
13. ROCK OF AGES
14. HYSTERIA
15. MISS YOU IN A HEARTBEAT
16. BRINGIN' ON THE HEARTBREAK
17. SWITCH 625

DISC 2:
1. ROCK! ROCK! TILL YOU DROP
2. LET IT GO
3. HIGH 'N' DRY (SATURDAY NIGHT)
4. TOO LATE FOR LOVE
5. NO MATTER WHAT
6. PROMISES
7. MIRROR, MIRROR (LOOK INTO MY EYES)
8. WOMEN
9. ANOTHER HIT AND RUN
10. SLANG
11. STAND UP (KICK LOVE INTO MOTION)
12. ROCK BRIGADE
13. NOW
14. PAPER SUN
15. WORK IT OUT
16. DIE HARD THE HUNTER
17. WASTED
18. BILLY'S GOT A GUN

1995, 87 Vault, original version on Hysteria
1983 Pyromania
1987 Hysteria
1992 Adrenalize
1993 Retroactive/Last Action Hero Soundtrack
1987 Hysteria
1992 Adrenalize
1983 Pyromania
1995, 87 Vault, original version on Hysteria
1995 Vault
1987 Hysteria
1992 Adrenalize
1983 Pyromania
1987 Hysteria
1993 Retroactive
1981 High 'N' Dry
1981 High 'N' Dry

1983 Pyromania
1981 High 'N' Dry
1981 High 'N' Dry
1983 Pyromania
2005 NEW (originally recorded by Badfinger)
1999 Euphoria
1981 High 'N' Dry
1987 Hysteria
1981 High 'N' Dry
1996 Slang
1992 Adrenalize
1980 On Through The Night
2002 X
1999 Euphoria
1996 Slang
1983 Pyromania
1980 On Through The Night
1983 Pyromania

Def Leppard and Bryan Adams bring Major League rock n' roll to America's Minor League baseball parks this Summer on cross-country "Rock ‘N Roll Double Header Tour".
This summer, Def Leppard and Bryan Adams will give the phrase "Take Me Out To The Ball Game" a whole new meaning as they co-headline the Rock 'N Roll Double-Header Tour. Two of the most popular rock acts to ever take the stage, they will team up for the first time and perform at 26 minor league baseball stadiums. The rock 'n roll season opens June 1st in Portland, OR at the home of the Beavers, then travels down the West Coast and through Texas before heading to the East Coast and into the Midwest where it will end the season August 10th in Lansing, MI, at the home of the Lugnuts. In each park, the stage will be set up in the outfield and fans can either bring a blanket to sit on the field or take a seat in the stands. All concerts take place on non-game days. Tickets for some markets go on sale as soon as March 12.

Bryan Adams and Def Leppard, combined, have sold more than 100,000,000 albums worldwide. Each made their album debut in 1980 -- and 25 years later they are still hitting homeruns as each releases a new album in 2005.

Def Leppard's place in music history? Only five rock groups can claim two original albums selling 10,000,000+ copies each in the U.S.: The Beatles, Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, Van Halen and Def Leppard. The British band's blockbuster "PYROMANIA" hit #2 and 10 times platinum; "HYSTERIA" soared even higher -- #1 and 13 times platinum -- led by the #1 single "LOVE BITES". The retrospective "VAULT" has sold more than 7,000,000 copies worldwide. Now "ROCK OF AGES: THE DEFINITIVE COLLECTION" (Mercury/UMe), to be released May 17, 2005, marks the band's biggest-ever "best of" album and the first two-CD set in the group's phenomenal career, featuring the newly recorded single, "NO MATTER WHAT" (originally recorded by Badfinger).

Bryan Adams is one of the world's most highly acclaimed musicians whose career has spanned more than three decades. This spring will see the release of Adams' 14th CD, "ROOM SERVICE", which debuted at No. 1 on the European Top 100 Album Chart! Adams' meteoric rise on the charts began when his album, "CUTS LIKE A KNIFE" landed in the Top 10. This was soon followed by the #1 charted album "RECKLESS". With record sales in excess of 60 million worldwide, Adams' career has taken him around the world countless times as rock fans fill arenas and festivals where ever he appears. Constantly in demand, the celebrated rocker is on the road over 150 days a year playing rock n' roll favorites ("SUMMER OF 69", "RUN TO YOU", "18 'TIL I DIE", "SOMEBODY") to sold out audiences on six continents. Holder of the record for the longest running #1 hit in the history of the British charts (16 weeks), Adams' has had 4 #1 singles as well as racked up an impressive array of Oscar and Golden Globe nominations, a Grammy Award, American Music Awards, Juno Awards (Grammy equivalent in Canada) and ASCAP Film and Television Music Awards. An accomplished photographer, Adams' current body of work will soon be seen in his new book, "CALVIN KLEIN - AMERICAN WOMEN", scheduled to debut this spring.

Details on ticket sale dates for the Rock 'N Roll Double-Header Tour will be available locally. All shows begin at 6:30 PM; the gates open approximately one hour in advance. The base ticket price is $45 (plus applicable service charges). For each paid adult, one child under 12 will be admitted for free.

Promoting the Rock 'N Roll Double-Header Tour is Chicago-based Jam Productions, three-time winner of Pollstar Magazine's award for Independent Promoter of the Year. Jam is the largest volume independent concert promoter in the country and was the producer of last year's Bob Dylan & Willie Nelson tour of minor league ballparks-honored by Pollstar as the year's Most Creative Tour Package.

TOUR INFO

Last edited by bigjim25; 04-25-05 at 08:50 AM.
Old 03-15-05, 09:47 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

didn't Def Leppard just release a Best Of last year?
Old 03-15-05, 10:10 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,725 Likes on 1,881 Posts
...and yet again, no "Me and My Wine."

What do they have against that song?
Old 03-15-05, 11:34 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I haven't been to a concert in years, but if this one comes anywhere near me, I'm going!

I've seen both of these artists before and they were great. Bryan Adams was with The Hooters back in the 80's, and Def Leppard had Tesla as an opening act.....the Def Lep concert was in the round and had a kick ass light show, Tesla rocked....it was just frickin' awesome!
Old 03-15-05, 11:35 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

To tour with Brian Adams ?
Old 03-16-05, 09:14 AM
Political Exile

Received 481 Likes on 317 Posts
I saw Def Leppard back in 1987 during their In-the-Round Hysteria tour. As a long time fan, I was disappointed that they only played ONE song off of the their first two albums (the song was obvously 'Bringin on the Heartbreak').
Old 03-16-05, 09:46 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by cactusoly
I don't know about the US but in the UK Bryan Adams still has a huge following. I've never understood the appeal this 3rd string Springsteen has to them but Celine Dion sells out every night in Vegas so there's no accouning for taste on either side of the pond.
Old 03-16-05, 11:32 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by InnocentBlood
didn't Def Leppard just release a Best Of last year?
THE US RELEASE GOT DELAYED. THEY DID RELEASE IT IN (UK)

I think they will be ok together. Alot of their biggest CDs were produced by Mutt Lange so I say they're good friends.
Old 03-16-05, 02:39 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Josh-da-man
...and yet again, no "Me and My Wine."

What do they have against that song?
Well they already have 6 tracks from High 'n' Dry on the set. I'd say it's over-represented if it wasn't the best thing they've ever done by far.

Mordred
Old 03-16-05, 02:49 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Mordred
Well they already have 6 tracks from High 'n' Dry on the set. I'd say it's over-represented if it wasn't the best thing they've ever done by far.

Mordred
But its technically not a track FROM High 'N Dry, since its no longer available on that CD. It was the B-side to the remake of Bringin' on the Heartbreak and then they just stuck the two tracks on High 'N Dry for a while. Luckily I still have mine with them.

Its kind of like when Metallica temporarily had Am I Evil? and Blitzkreig on Kill 'Em All.
Old 03-16-05, 03:11 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Mordred

Mordred
Yeah. Those 6 tracks and the 2 from "On Through The Night" may just make me pick this up. It'd be nice to finally replace my vinyl.
Old 03-16-05, 07:06 PM

I really wish they could get back in the studio with mutt and record an entire album with him again, and I know this is evil but I wish they could record the album with a different drummer and let the one-armed dude do his thing on tour. I'm just so sick of the sound of that fucking digital drum kit. And another thing lets turn up the rock on the next album, that X album sounded like light rock shit. And I also think Joe Elliot needs to grow back that cool mullet like he had during the Hysteria album. He looks like some kind of coffee house queer boy with that fucking do he's got going. I know I'm getting a little out of hand but bring back the down and dirty rock. as far as I'm concerned Pyromania was there last great album
Old 03-16-05, 08:30 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,725 Likes on 1,881 Posts
Yeah, but the thing about "Me and My Wine" is that it was removed from "High and Dry," didn't make it onto either "Vault" (greatest hits) or "Retro Active" (rarities), and now it's not on the two disc best-of. It's like they're trying to shun this one song that was apparently good enough to warrant its own video.

Almost like Iron Maiden's cover of "Women in Uniform."
Old 03-16-05, 09:11 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by cungar
I don't know about the US but in the UK Bryan Adams still has a huge following. I've never understood the appeal this 3rd string Springsteen has to them but Celine Dion sells out every night in Vegas so there's no accouning for taste on either side of the pond.
I have nothing against Bryan Adams, its just a tour with Def Leppard doesn't seem to fit. Although Def Leppard isn't really metal anymore either.
Old 03-16-05, 10:20 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by ELIXER30
I really wish they could get back in the studio with mutt and record an entire album with him again
Yes Yes Yes! If they want another hit record, they should definitely do this.
Old 03-17-05, 04:28 AM

Yeah, but the thing about "Me and My Wine" is that it was removed from "High and Dry," didn't make it onto either "Vault" (greatest hits) or "Retro Active" (rarities), and now it's not on the two disc best-of. It's like they're trying to shun this one song that was apparently good enough to warrant its own video.

Almost like Iron Maiden's cover of "Women in Uniform."

Very, Very interesting, does anybody know what's up with me and my wine
Old 03-17-05, 08:58 AM
Cool New Member

It's the 'soft rock to put you to sleep' tour.
Old 04-25-05, 11:42 AM

No "Waterloo Sunset" from the UK Best Of either
Old 04-25-05, 03:20 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts
One of my favorite Def Lep songs, "Tonight", is not on either. I think it's one of their best songs.
Old 04-25-05, 04:14 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Celtic Bob
No "Waterloo Sunset" from the UK Best Of either
From defleppard.com: For a long while, the stories and rumors have been going round about Def Leppard recording an album full of cover songs. While we can confirm that the band have indeed recorded their versions of some hit songs from the 70s, it is not 100% sure that these songs will actually be released as a full album. The band does have ideas about releasing these songs in form or another (an album, singles, B-sides, online, etc.) in 2005, but this has not materialized yet.
We were trying to hold further news about this album back as long as possible, as we did not want it to interfere with the North American release of the "BEST OF" album (more news about that tomorrow), but it appears the excitement of the impending release of this much anticipated album has kind of forced us to reveal/confirm some more details..... So, ladies and gentlemen, for your perusal, here in glorious black and white, is a list of those songs that the band recorded for that projected covers album:

10538 Overture (original by ELO)
20th Century Boy (original by T-Rex)
Don't Believe A Word (original by Thin Lizzy)
Drive In Saturday (original by David Bowie)
Hanging On The Telephone (original by Blondie)
Hellraiser (original by Sweet)
He's Gonna Step On You Again (original by John Kongos)
Little Bit Of Love (original by Free)
Rock On (original by David Essex)
Stay With Me (original by The Faces)
Street Life (original by Roxy Music)
The Golden Age Of Rock & Roll (original by Mott The Hoople)
Waterloo Sunset (original by The Kinks)

However, that's not all. While the 14 songs above were originally planned to be released on an album late 2004 indeed, the release of the "BEST OF"-album in October of last year changed those plans drastically. And since then, eight more cover songs have been recorded:

American Girl (original by Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers)
Heartbeat (original by Jobriath)
How Does It Feel (original by Slade)
Kick Out The Jams (original by MC5)
Roxanne (original by The Police)
Dear Friends (original by Queen)
When I'm Dead And Gone (original by McGuinness Flint)
Winter Song (original by Lindisfarne)

At this moment, with these 22 songs in the can, a tracklisting or running order is definitely too early to talk about. An actual projected release date, or title, is even further away..... But we can promise that sooner or later, these songs will make it to your CD player. Something to look forward to!
Old 04-26-05, 08:08 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,067 Likes on 646 Posts
I was about to post the same thing. I thought I remembered a video for the song which was shown quite a bit back when MTV showed rock videos. Glad to know I wasn't crazy.

Nice set other than leaving Wine off. I still only have Pyro & Hysteria but it looks like there is enough variety here to maybe pick this set up.

I listened to Pyro the other day and after all these years the album is still awesome. It doesn't seem aged as many other albums do from that period. One of the best released during the (barely) pre-hair band 80's.

And in regards to a cover album...does anyone really care to hear their favorite band do covers (unless it is a radically different arrangement)?
Old 04-29-05, 01:36 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I already have the definitive Def Leppard album and it is called High 'N' Dry. Well, I like a lot of Pyromania and Hysteria too, even some of Adrenalize. I don't really see the point in picking this up, since I have everything I would probably want. I don't know. Maybe for the completist in me.

I was seriously contemplating going to see them live.

K

Last edited by Cornelius1047; 05-22-05 at 04:38 AM.
Old 05-01-05, 09:37 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Well, I've got the first 4 Def Leppard CDs (including High 'n' Dry with Me and My Wine on it). That's all I need.
Old 05-01-05, 09:47 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 460 Likes on 373 Posts
Ouch. I'm really showing my age since I have their first 4 albums on tape.
Old 05-01-05, 11:53 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by bigjim25
From defleppard.com: For a long while, the stories and rumors have been going round about Def Leppard recording an album full of cover songs. While we can confirm that the band have indeed recorded their versions of some hit songs from the 70s, it is not 100% sure that these songs will actually be released as a full album. The band does have ideas about releasing these songs in form or another (an album, singles, B-sides, online, etc.) in 2005, but this has not materialized yet.
We were trying to hold further news about this album back as long as possible, as we did not want it to interfere with the North American release of the "BEST OF" album (more news about that tomorrow), but it appears the excitement of the impending release of this much anticipated album has kind of forced us to reveal/confirm some more details..... So, ladies and gentlemen, for your perusal, here in glorious black and white, is a list of those songs that the band recorded for that projected covers album:

10538 Overture (original by ELO)
20th Century Boy (original by T-Rex)
Don't Believe A Word (original by Thin Lizzy)
Drive In Saturday (original by David Bowie)
Hanging On The Telephone (original by Blondie)
Hellraiser (original by Sweet)
He's Gonna Step On You Again (original by John Kongos)
Little Bit Of Love (original by Free)
Rock On (original by David Essex)
Stay With Me (original by The Faces)
Street Life (original by Roxy Music)
The Golden Age Of Rock & Roll (original by Mott The Hoople)
Waterloo Sunset (original by The Kinks)

However, that's not all. While the 14 songs above were originally planned to be released on an album late 2004 indeed, the release of the "BEST OF"-album in October of last year changed those plans drastically. And since then, eight more cover songs have been recorded:

American Girl (original by Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers)
Heartbeat (original by Jobriath)
How Does It Feel (original by Slade)
Kick Out The Jams (original by MC5)
Roxanne (original by The Police)
Dear Friends (original by Queen)
When I'm Dead And Gone (original by McGuinness Flint)
Winter Song (original by Lindisfarne)

At this moment, with these 22 songs in the can, a tracklisting or running order is definitely too early to talk about. An actual projected release date, or title, is even further away..... But we can promise that sooner or later, these songs will make it to your CD player. Something to look forward to!
That all sounds great but what about there cover of Alice Coopers "Elected" i personaly thought that they did a wonderful job on that one, but it's not even mentioned for this project whenever it gets released.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.