Reload this Page >

weird experience with ebgames extended warranty offer

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Old 02-05-05, 01:35 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hey.. i just picked up a second xbox for my bedroom. The salesman at ebgames asked if I wanted the 1-year warranty for $15 and I said "no thanks". He then asked "Are you sure?", to which I again said "that's alright, no.". He then told me "you really should get it, if anything happens after 14 days it is going to cost you $50 to have MS fix it". Getting annoyed, I politely told him "I appreciate the offer, but I'm really no interested". He said (out load) "whatever" and handed me the bag..

do the salespeople get a lot of pressure from management to push these plans, or was this guy just an ass?
Old 02-05-05, 01:40 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Warranties are nothing but profit for the stores, that's why they push it so hard.
Old 02-05-05, 01:44 PM

do the salespeople get a lot of pressure from management to push these plans, or was this guy just an ass?
Probably B.

When I purchased my 2nd Xbox from EB, I was also asked if I wanted to purchase the warranty, I said no and they said Ok, no problem. 3 days later I changed my mind, so I called that same EB to find out if was still possible to get the warranty, the same guy who originally asked me said to come on down.

So that was pretty cool of them.
Old 02-05-05, 01:57 PM
Li

While I was working there, the Game Guarantees were stressed a lot more than the system warranties. I think the guy just really wanted the buck he'd get for selling you one.

Last edited by Li; 02-05-05 at 02:00 PM.
Old 02-05-05, 02:00 PM
Li

Originally Posted by amped
Probably B.

When I purchased my 2nd Xbox from EB, I was also asked if I wanted to purchase the warranty, I said no and they said Ok, no problem. 3 days later I changed my mind, so I called that same EB to find out if was still possible to get the warranty, the same guy who originally asked me said to come on down.

So that was pretty cool of them.
They're allowed to sell the warranties for the systems up to 30 days after the original purchase. So if you bought one, and it broke 29 days after the purchase, you can still go and buy a warrantee, and then trade the broken in for a new one.
Old 02-05-05, 02:54 PM

I bought it and it's worked out nice. I've switched XBOX's a couple of times due to disc errors and the like. It's well worth it in my mind because they also switch out controllers for it as well.