Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fox Film Noir collection wave 1 announced

From DVDAnswers.com:

Title: Fox Film Noir
Starring: N/A (Various)
Released: 15th March 2005
SRP: $14.98 Each

Further Details
Fox has today announced Call Northside 777 which stars James Stewart, House of Bamboo which stars Robert Ryan and Panic in the Streets which stars Richard Widmark. Each of these film noir titles, will be available to own from the 15th March next year, and should set you back around $14.98 a piece in total. Northside 777 will be presented in 1.33:1 full frame along with English Stereo and French Mono tracks. Extras will include a commentary by James Ursiniand and Alain Silver, the trailer, Fox Movietone News Clips: Motion Picture Stars Attend the Premiere of "Call Northside 777" and Film Noir Wave 1 Trailers. House of Bamboo on the other hand, will be presented in 2.35:1 anamorphic widescreen along with English Stereo and both English and Spanish Mono tracks. Extras on this one will include a commentary by Alain Silver and James Ursini, the trailer, the spanish trailer, Fox Movietone News Cips: Behind the scenes footage: Landing In Japan and more film noir trailers. Finally, the Panic in the Streets DVD will be presented in 1.37:1 Full Frame along with English Mono and Stereo tracks. The only extras will be a commentary by James Ursini and Alain Silver and trailers. The official artwork will follow shortly.

I'm looking forward to all of these, but what happened to Laura!?
Old 12-02-04, 06:02 PM

nice, i can't wait to hear the Ursini/Silver commentaries. Is House of Bamboo any good? I've never even heard of that one.
Old 12-02-04, 06:07 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
great news...keep em coming
Old 12-02-04, 08:35 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by MahatmaPetey
nice, i can't wait to hear the Ursini/Silver commentaries. Is House of Bamboo any good? I've never even heard of that one.
Sam Fuller directed - 'nuff said! (Run, don't walk to pick this up, in other words!)
Old 12-02-04, 09:16 PM

wow, i don't know how i missed that...i've been on a Sam Fuller kick lately, too.
Old 12-02-04, 09:43 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
I'm in for all three - and thanks to Fox for painless pricing (they should be available around $10 each) and the extras.
Old 12-02-04, 09:58 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
whoa, whoa, whoa.. But where's Laura?
Old 12-02-04, 11:22 PM

The following "extra" is listed along with each of these DVD's...

Fox Noir: Call Northside 777, House of Bamboo, Laura, Panic In The Streets, The Street with No Name

It seems that both Laura and The Street with No Name were both left out of this announcement... perhaps info is coming later? I don't know, but I think it's possible or else why would Fox include such a feature on the DVD's.
Old 12-03-04, 02:07 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by smirnoffski
whoa, whoa, whoa.. But where's Laura?
And Leave Her to Heaven...those were the two rumored noir titles I was hoping for!
Old 12-03-04, 07:21 AM
Cool New Member

Unless I'm mistaken, Leave Her to Heaven was scheduled for release in February, under the Fox Studio Classics banner (although it would indeed fit nicely with the Noir collection).
Old 12-03-04, 10:02 AM

Originally posted by KJB2
Unless I'm mistaken, Leave Her to Heaven was scheduled for release in February, under the Fox Studio Classics banner (although it would indeed fit nicely with the Noir collection).
This is correct, at least according to the Digital Bits when they posted about it a few weeks ago, but then again, they also posted the first three supposed film noir titles and one was Laura which isn't in this group and one was Hush Hush Sweet Charlotte from 1964, well outside of the traditional noir period and certainly not a noir. So are the three titles posted there for the Studio Classics releases correct? Hopefully, as I'd like to get Leave Here to Heaven as well. Here's hoping that the next wave of noir titles includes Laura, and the Street With No Name wouldn't be a bad choice either.
Old 12-09-04, 02:35 PM
DVD Talk Legend

heres to hoping