Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

$3 off Shrek coupon

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-04, 04:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
$3 off Shrek coupon

Check your Sunday newspaper coupons. I found one for $3 off Shrek VHS or DVD. No strings attached.

What sucks is that only the fullframe is available in stores now. But I've read that because of something DreamWorks did, you don't "lose anything" with Shrek in fullframe like you do with other movies. Is that true? I normally avoid FF - but is this an exception?
Old 10-17-04, 06:26 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Anyone know where Shrek is the cheapest this week?

I wonder if the coupon will still work on the 2 disc edition if I'm actually able to find it.
Old 10-17-04, 10:13 PM
eau
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by Zodo
Anyone know where Shrek is the cheapest this week?

I wonder if the coupon will still work on the 2 disc edition if I'm actually able to find it.
It should work. It's still Shrek even it's the OOP 2-disc edition. Grab it since the current edition is FS only, so will the new one be that comes in the upcoming Shrek boxset.
Old 10-18-04, 12:05 AM

Best Buy's Web site is telling me I can pick up the 2-disc SE at three stores in my area. I'll have to check it out tomorrow. Or maybe order online and have it delivered to a store, so I can use the coupon.
Old 10-18-04, 11:06 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Does BestBuy accept those type of coupons? I thought the purchases might have to be limited to grocery store/Wal-mart stores.
Old 10-18-04, 11:06 AM

Re: $3 off Shrek coupon

Originally posted by Altimus Prime
But I've read that because of something DreamWorks did, you don't "lose anything" with Shrek in fullframe like you do with other movies. Is that true? I normally avoid FF - but is this an exception?
Pixar does that, but I think that the Shrek DVD is plain ol' pan and scan. Even if it was recomposed, I would definitely still go for the widescreen.
Old 10-18-04, 03:52 PM

Best Buy accepted the coupon, and I've got the two-disc special edition in my hands.

The store had four in stock. Price was $22.99 before the coupon, $19.99 after. Considering it's out of production, I'm really happy I got it.

Screw fullframe!
Old 10-18-04, 08:09 PM

I have a coupon up for grabs if anyone wants it.

Does Ralph's have Shrek in stock? Cuz you can try to get the coupon doubled, possibly. Worth a shot. But then again, if they do sell it, I'm sure it's pretty pricey already. Anyway, just a thought.
Old 10-18-04, 10:48 PM

After my trip to Best Buy, I saw one copy of the 2-disc Shrek SE at FYE. The price was $26.99 - $4 more than Best Buy! So if I had used my coupon there, I still would've paid more than Best Buy's shelf price! ($23.99 vs $19.99) How do these stores that are so consistently overpriced stay in business???
Old 10-19-04, 01:18 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
After my trip to Best Buy, I saw one copy of the 2-disc Shrek SE at FYE. The price was $26.99 - $4 more than Best Buy! So if I had used my coupon there, I still would've paid more than Best Buy's shelf price! ($23.99 vs $19.99) How do these stores that are so consistently overpriced stay in business???
stores like FYE are usually in malls. The average Joe consumer buys on average like a DVD a month so they don't usually care about price like we do.
Old 10-19-04, 01:31 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Considering it's out of production, I'm really happy I got it.
Isn't this just a rumor?
Old 10-19-04, 01:40 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally posted by Gerry P.
Isn't this just a rumor?
no, it really is out of production.

For Disney platinum titles, they produce a ton of them but they go out of print a few months after release (I think 12/31 of the year that it came out). However, you can still find it at stores that haven't exhausted their inventory yet.

That said, Snow White, Beauty and the Beast and The Lion King are all out of print. Aladdin will go out of print in a few months.