Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Max Payne help!!!!

Old 09-06-04, 10:33 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Max Payne help!!!!

I beat the first chapter,then was making it through chapter two,when I completely got lost after killing off all the bad guys in the level.

When I get to the bank and kill everyone there shooting at me. What do I do next? How do I get out of that level?

I was running around in circles,trying to see if their were any clues I missed and could not find one...thus was stuck in that level. Meanwhile every door was locked/sealed shut and nothing I did could open them.

Now I beat chapter one prematurely,since I was about to go explore where the hallway was leading in that level,when my little brother told me to take a left up these stairs..and viola,went directly into chapter 2. So was there something I missed on the first level or what?
Old 09-07-04, 12:28 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
have you checked gamefaqs.com
Old 09-07-04, 01:53 AM
Suspended

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MP's a pretty straight forward game, you must've missed a switch. Check GameFAQs.com.
Old 09-07-04, 06:37 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 103 Likes on 72 Posts
I'm not sure about skipping ahead to Chapter 2, but I think the part you missed is some detonators sitting on a table in one of the bank vaults. There's a computer on that round desk in the middle room that lets you open a few different bank vaults. Use the computer a few times, checking the side vaults.
Old 09-07-04, 09:56 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 103 Likes on 72 Posts
My last post was made too soon after I woke up.

At one point near the beginning of that level, before you go down toward the bank vault, you should have found a door with explosives attached to it. Once you've grabbed the detonators, you need to head back to that door.
Old 09-07-04, 11:12 AM

Well I rechecked the ending of chapter one and found out I did not miss anything. It was just a sealed off exit/hallway which I already went down earlier. Basically I could ambush the last guys waiting in the subway tunnel through the bars,then get out of that level via the stairs they are near.

I will recheck level two for some detonators,I kept hearing a few bad guys talking about them,but they were never too obvious too myself. I'll keep looking.

Also once in the computer room,the only door I was able to open via pressing a button was for the door I came in. Meanwhile one other vault door was open,which lead to me too some papers.bonds ect,while the other vault doors stayed closed and I had no way of opening them..unless like you said pressing the button a few times helps.

But again,I'll recheck...
Old 09-07-04, 11:25 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts
There is absolutely no backtracking in Max Payne, so you don't have to worry about "missing anything" when you go to a next level. It's been awhile since i played it, but GoVegan sounds right, there should be a detonator you can pick up
Old 09-07-04, 01:24 PM

Well I found it

Somehow I missed Vault A when pressing the button,since I did it too quickly I only opened up the other vaults...+ the first time,out of frustrationg,I started shooting up the computers for fun..which entrapped me as well and would'nt let me access Vault A.

Anyway I finally got it..but now on to the next challenge,since I have very little health left. Getting pass those bastards on the stairs will take some practice.