Community
Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Joey Bishop Show season 1?

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-04, 08:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Joey Bishop Show season 1?

I saw on Amazon.com that The Joey Bishop Show Season 2 was being released in Sept 28th.
Season 2?? I didn't even know season 1 was out! I looked on Amazon and its not listed. I looked at my local Best Buy and they do not have it.

Anyone know what's up? When was it released? How can I get it?
Old 09-03-04, 08:56 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
They're releasing Season 2 first:
http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=2001

The same day as Make Room for Daddy: Season 5, which is also being released first..

Rob
Old 09-03-04, 08:59 AM

Thanks for the reply. Why the hell would they do this? Sure the re-tooled Season 2 was better but still want season 1. Crazy

Last edited by 0rac; 09-03-04 at 09:13 AM.
Old 09-03-04, 12:35 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Doesn't Bishop himself hate the first season? That, and the fact that the second season is in color, might have something to do with it.

I think this series is the only sitcom that started in black and white, switched to color, and then went back to black and white (for the final season when it moved to CBS).
Old 09-05-04, 07:57 PM

I wonder what happened. I only know this show from when TV land would show it at 5am. It was color and then went to black and white. Was strange.
Even if they first season sucks, we still need it
Old 09-07-04, 09:31 PM

Originally posted by 0rac
I wonder what happened. I only know this show from when TV land would show it at 5am. It was color and then went to black and white. Was strange.
Even if they first season sucks, we still need it
I don't think S1 is going to happen. The Danny Thomas estate owns this (if I'm not mistaken) and according to rumor, Marlo Thomas doesn't want this out because her nose hadn't been "fixed" as of yet. Additionally, as the prior poster indicated, Mr. Bishop himself doesn't like this season because a costar was funnier than he was. This season has never been syndicated for these reasons. The B&W episodes you saw actually succeeded the color episodes (due to a switch of networks).

Apparently the first 4 seasons of Make Room for Daddy are staying in the vaults for similar vanity reasons.
Old 03-14-17, 01:31 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Joey Bishop Show season 1?

Season 1 of the Joey Bishop Show has been brought back to TV. It runs with Seasons 2-4 on Antenna TV (first time since originally aired on NBC), so you never know if this could be licensed for DVD/BD release down the road. Just too bad the episodes are edited on Antenna TV.