DVD Clubs Discuss & Strategize about DVD Clubs like Columbia House

NEW Offer Reviews

Old 07-25-04, 11:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
NEW Offer Reviews

After completing most every free/cheap offer last year, I just came back and noticed MANY new offers that appear to be pretty good. What offers have you done recently? How did you cancel them? Did they accept WC's? Any problems receiving credit? I'd appreciate any info. you can share so that I (along with any others) can decide what to complete.
Old 07-25-04, 10:02 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I haven't tried very many new ones, but I would warn stay away from DeepShark. I tried it to get a bonus DVD and didn't realize they would charge me the $19.95 fee up front for the free trial and only refund it once you cancel. Their 10-day trial wasn't even long enough to play any of the games either. That would be bad enough, but it took forever to get my $19.95 refunded and they've since charged me twice the last two months despite my account being "cancelled" back in May.
Old 07-26-04, 01:36 PM

Gotta read the fine print, people. Deep Shark does state that they'll charge you upfront. To back up Badger, they've been screwing with my credit card also. I cancelled and they refunded the money in about a week, but they went ahead and charged me again for the next cycle. I'm now in the process of having THAT refunded as well. Funny thing is, I closed the credit card account I used to sign up with Deepshark, but the new charge went through anyway. Nice. If you sign up with them, you'll need this phone number: 860-283-8895.

xpfshost
Old 07-26-04, 02:02 PM

Has anyone had any experience with the following orders?

-StarClubRewards
-SpyBlocs
-Digital Protection Plus
-RealRhapsody
-BuyersAdvantage
-eFax Plus
-Netmarket
Old 07-26-04, 02:58 PM

Those are all decent offers [although I'm still waiting for my eFax and Spyblocs points]. StarClubRewards has a two week trial, unlike the others. DPP, BA, and Netmarket should all pay out their rewards if you work for them.
Old 07-29-04, 12:24 PM

is freedvds.com essentially dead? anyone using that recently?
Old 07-29-04, 09:59 PM

I'm using FreeDVDs.com. They aren't dead, and have been added a few new offers every week for the past several weeks.
Old 08-13-04, 02:33 AM

Anybody try any of the new offers they added at FreeDVD4me. Not sure how new they are, but recently noticed ones like Savings Etc., Simply You and Tickle Matchmaking.

I was going to try Tickle Matchmaking, which is supposedly free for seven days, but it looked like the only way to cancel was through regular mail. Seemed too much of a hassle after that really.

Savings Etc and Simply You looked a little more enticing at $1 for a trial offer, but was worried they might end up charging you up front or pre-authorizing your card and without any experience with them, I was a little iffy on signing up. Anybody have any feedback?
Old 08-13-04, 04:06 AM

Tickle can be canceled online.
Old 08-15-04, 01:29 PM

How long does it take to get the points for Tickle? Do you actually have to complete the profile?

Also, Real Rhapsody is an exceedingly easy offer to complete and cancel. You can cancel online, without having to go through an annoying CSR.
Old 08-15-04, 01:32 PM

Only a few days. Completing a profile isn't necessary.
Old 08-19-04, 06:49 PM

Does anyone have a good list of which offers can still be cancelled online?
Old 08-19-04, 08:42 PM

Highly recommend Real Rhapsody & Tickle Me. Both are free trials (at least at FreeDVD4me) and both can harmlessly be cancelled online.
Old 08-20-04, 12:48 PM

Real Arcade is a good offer, too. It is best to do it at Freedvds.com, because they offer 300 points, while FreeDVD4Me.com offers 6.
Old 08-20-04, 07:23 PM

Check out the Blockbuster Online offer at FreeDVDs.com. You do need a credit card to sign up, but you're not charged anything during the two week free trial. You get 300 points and 2 free in-store rentals with it, and you can cancel the trial online.
Old 08-23-04, 05:55 PM

Be careful with the Miracleburn offer on Freedvds.com for 500 points. The Freedvds popup says that the s/h is $3.95...but when you start completing the offer, they tell you that it is $5.00...then later on they say that it is $5.95. Weird.

xpfshost
Old 08-24-04, 08:33 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

... I see I am not the only one getting "back into the game"
Old 08-24-04, 09:24 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I think I am going to get into freeflatscreens too...
Old 08-26-04, 12:49 PM

Speaking of free flat screens, does anyone know if we're allowed to start a "conga line" thread here with our referral information? I'm only 5 people short of completing the offer and need a bit of help.

If we're allowed, I'll set up a new thread. If not and you want to help, drop me an email and I'll give you my referral link.

Last edited by lxjenkins; 08-26-04 at 02:33 PM.
Old 08-26-04, 12:50 PM

FreeDvd4me has the blockbuster ad listed twice on their website for differing point values. Under "instant points" for 180 points and then again under 'newest offers" for 130 points.
Old 09-05-04, 09:57 AM
ruk
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by lxjenkins
Speaking of free flat screens, does anyone know if we're allowed to start a "conga line" thread here with our referral information? I'm only 5 people short of completing the offer and need a bit of help.

If we're allowed, I'll set up a new thread. If not and you want to help, drop me an email and I'll give you my referral link.
i wished i would have read your email a couple of days, ago, i found some insight on this topic, the y have a forum on this topic for referrals at flyertalk.com. check it out but you have to follow their instructions
Old 09-06-04, 08:55 AM

Originally posted by lxjenkins

Good luck.

I tried setting up a non-referral info thread about conga lines taking place on another board, and the mods deleted it when some moron threadcrapped and put his referral link in as a reply to my post. Try PMing a mod and see what they have to say.

Best of luck to you. I'm in the middle of hunting for 6 more people, so I know what you're going through. :-)
Old 09-26-04, 10:17 PM

hey all

been a year since i got my xbox and now i'm also thinking about getting into the game...

what are the current trends best sites right now?