TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Crossing Jordan Finale (6/6): "Jordan's Mother's Mystery Solved!"

Old 06-06-04, 01:58 PM

Received 797 Likes on 520 Posts
Crossing Jordan Finale (6/6): "Jordan's Mother's Mystery Solved!"

O, BROTHER WHERE ART THOU?___
10pm 2004-06-06
ALL NEW!

JORDAN SEARCHES FOR EVIDENCE TO VINDICATE HER FATHER IN CONCLUSION TO SEASON FINALE CLIFFHANGER -- In the conclusion of the second season ending cliff-hanger, Jordan (Jill Hennessy) searches for evidence to clear her father, Max (Ken Howard), who stands accused of murdering the chief of police. Hindered by Max' disappearancer, Jordan relies on a suspended Woody (Jerry O'Connell), working with detective Annie Capra (guest star Arija Bareikis), to help her track down missing brother James (guest star Michael T. Weiss, "The Pretender") who she believes to be the key to solving this homicide. Meanwhile, Garret (Miguel Ferrer) butts heads with former romantic partner D.A. Walcott (guest star Susan Gibney) who, in the wake of the chief's murder, has commandeered the morgue staff as part of the investigation. Kathryn Hahn, Steve Valentine, Ravi Kapoor and Ivan Sergei also star. TV-14
Finally... closure!
Old 06-06-04, 03:53 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thank God. Not only has this story been annoying, it's also been confusing. Let's get this damn thing over with, and please don't ever, ever return to it. Crossing Jordan is so much better without this silly subplot. Hopefully they'll spare us that "Season of the Witch" song that drowned out Part 2 of this thing.

das
Old 06-06-04, 05:19 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I gave up on this series in the first season, but I would be interested in seeing who the killer was. I watched some of it last weeks, and it seemed like the brother was the killer, but I guess not.
Old 06-06-04, 05:54 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
Thanks for reminder. With all the repeats, I forgot this was new.
Old 06-06-04, 06:43 PM

As a refresher:

Okham's Razor: Jordan learns a family secret while watching a family movie (she has a brother).

Pandora's Trunk 1: As the second season ends Jordan's past catches up with her while trying to find the clues to solve a triple murder, They along with Woody Hoyt can't find a connection as to how three people died. Now Jordan meets her brother James Horton, When a call from a private investigator sends Jordan back in time to try and solve her mother's murder.

Pandora's Trunk 2: Jordan is kicked off the case (because she opened the trunk that held the body of Carl Jeffers) Now "Bug" along with Woody begin to wonder how Carl died soon they find out the gun was police issued, When they look for it examine it they can't find it. Jordan gave the gun to Peter to find out what he could. Jordan later runs into Tom Malden who had her dad arrested which led to her almost being in foster care.

Peter comes to tell Jordan and that the gun was turned over to Rene Walcott. So who does the gun belong to? Max! Woody follows Max home to find him getting rid of evidence, Jordan thinks James may have killed her mom. James tells Jordan that her mom gave James the gun to protect them. He also tells Jordan that he shot Carl Jeffers in self defense and then put the body in the trunk.

Woody finds the internal affairs on Carl Jeffers which hold phone records that Jordan mom made three calls to Tom Malden who is father of James Horton. Max was never able to look at the records because of work.

Jordan is talking to Tom Malden who wants to know where James is. Rene Walcott is ready to file charges on Max and Jordan!
Old 06-06-04, 08:01 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 194 Likes on 159 Posts
Thanks for the reminder.
Old 06-06-04, 10:00 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Well, I'm glad they resolved that. It just cleared everything up.
Old 06-06-04, 10:16 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Hey, wasn't that guy "The Pretender"? (I only tuned in because it was in HDTV).
Old 06-06-04, 10:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
%$#@&^, $$##@!$, and another thing, ##@$!%.

Oh yeah,

#@&%$, &^*@#. And that guy from Jeffry can kiss my #@! too.
Old 06-06-04, 10:22 PM

Okay, so they ended with a half-assed resolution.

We can assume that we know all of the answers now, but that's it, it's just an assumsion.

Boo! Hiss!

At least they can start clean with the beginning of season 4 in the Fall.

(I really wish that they'd put The Pretender on DVD when they are finished with The Profiler sets.)
Old 06-06-04, 10:48 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Why couldn't they just put a bullet in the heads of the Pretender and the White Shadow. At least then we'd know this storyline was finally dead.

das
Old 06-07-04, 11:12 AM
DVD Talk Legend

So what happened? Can someone give a brief description?
Old 06-07-04, 11:44 AM

Originally posted by movieking
*** SPOILERS ***

Basically Jordan wakes up in an alley and then stumbles into the road where Macy is getting into his car. Seems she's in the alley next to her apartment where Capt Malden was shot. Since they think Max did it, they take Jordan in for questioning...

DA Walcott takes over the MEs department and brings in her own ME to do the autopsy on Malden. There are three bullet wounds, two stopped, one went through. The ME makes the call, but Bug and Nigel notice something. There is a time difference between the first shot and the next two. There is bruising around the belly shot, but none around the other two, which means they were made about a half hour later.

To make a long story short, Max is on the run, Woody is in trouble (for letting Max run), Jordan is looking for Max and Jarod James.

Jarod James kidnaps Jordan right out from under Woody's nose and take her to a high rise that is being remodeled next to the river/harbor where he grew up. He starts going on about how hard his life was and how its not fair... yada-yada. Next Woody and the new Detective reach the floor, see Jarod James standing in the window, Jordan asking him not to jump, Woody demanding Jordan to move so he can get a good shot. Tension builds. Jordan screams, Jarod James falls out the window into the river and Woody thinks about running along the railroad tracks in Stand By Me...

Later we see Jordan at her dad's bar with Woody, she asks him to leave (after he tells her that there are being no charges files and Jarod's James' body hasn't been recovered). Then Max shows up from nowhere, Jordan questions him, but he says no more questions, and the only truth he'll say is that he loves Jordan. And then asks her not to ask anymore questions.

Pretty sad.

Assumsions we can make. Jarod James killed Jeffers with the gun his mom gave him (which was Max's) and stuffed him in the trunk. ThenJarod James shot his father (Captain Malden) in Jordan's apartment. Later Max reaches the apartment and shoots Malden twice to cover up the first shot. Then Woody shows up seeing Max with the gun and lets him walk for Jordan's sake. Jarod James may or may not be dead.

That's it.

Sorry for the rambling...
Old 06-07-04, 11:49 AM
DVD Talk Hero

• movieking •

The Pretender did it. ADA Kincaid's father thought she did it and covered for her by firing slugs into the corpse ... ya know, the Dodge Truck guy who was also the Pretender's father or something. Quinn covered for the White Shadow, also thinking Kincaid was the killer. The evidence for all of this was painfully obvious (like no hemorrhaging near the bullet wounds), but everyone was gung ho to convict the White Shadow anyway, especially Leah Brahms. Nancy Drew solved the mystery, but got kidnapped by her "brother," so Quinn and "new" detective Emma Brody have to track her down and save the day. They end up on the top floor of some abandoned building over the water where the Pretender allows himself to fall off and "die" ... of course, he falls into the water, and the body isn't found.

das

Edit: Or you could read the post before this one.

Last edited by das Monkey; 06-07-04 at 11:52 AM.
Old 06-07-04, 11:54 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Thanks for the two excellent recaps. Who needs to spend an hour watching the show when you can spend less than 5 minutes reading it?
Old 06-07-04, 01:02 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I was a little dissappointed. They really only briefly covered the whole old case/money thing involving malden, max, jeffers, and partners.

In the end it sounded like Max was going to tell Jordan everything, then he just walked out.
Old 06-07-04, 01:27 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
I didn't know there was a new episode on, I thought there was an episode a week or two ago that said finale
Old 06-07-04, 04:48 PM

Originally posted by mikehunt
I didn't know there was a new episode on, I thought there was an episode a week or two ago that said finale
This was a bonus episode... and I thought it was going to end the same way that 'Newhart' did.
Old 06-07-04, 05:13 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally posted by das Monkey
Why couldn't they just put a bullet in the heads of the Pretender and the White Shadow. At least then we'd know this storyline was finally dead.

das
I doubt it's dead. They didn't really resolve it, they left it a festering sore and they'll be back next year, picking at it.
Old 06-07-04, 05:21 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

I'm loving referring to them by their previous characters, but who is White Shadow? I don't recognize that one

Originally posted by das Monkey
The Pretender did it. ADA Kincaid's father thought she did it and covered for her by firing slugs into the corpse ... ya know, the Dodge Truck guy who was also the Pretender's father or something. Quinn covered for the White Shadow, also thinking Kincaid was the killer. The evidence for all of this was painfully obvious (like no hemorrhaging near the bullet wounds), but everyone was gung ho to convict the White Shadow anyway, especially Leah Brahms. Nancy Drew solved the mystery, but got kidnapped by her "brother," so Quinn and "new" detective Emma Brody have to track her down and save the day. They end up on the top floor of some abandoned building over the water where the Pretender allows himself to fall off and "die" ... of course, he falls into the water, and the body isn't found.

das

Edit: Or you could read the post before this one.
Old 06-07-04, 05:43 PM

Originally posted by mikehunt

I'm loving referring to them by their previous characters, but who is White Shadow? I don't recognize that one
Jordan's father Max Cavanagh is played by Ken Howard who starred in a late 70's show called "The White Shadow".

Pulled from IMDB:
After retiring from pro basketball after suffering several knee injuries, Ken Reeves is hired by his best friend Jim Willis to become head coach at Carver High School in South Central Los Angeles. When he takes over he turns the school from losers into winners not only on the court, but off it as well as he becomes involved in his players lives.
Here's a pic of a younger Ken Howard from a sitcom with Bert Convey:

Last edited by Goldberg74; 06-07-04 at 05:47 PM.
Old 06-07-04, 05:55 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I guess you're a bit young for The White Shadow, but I have really fond memories of it along with Paltrow's other major show, the more famous St. Elsewhere. Of note, it launched the careers of two of television's best directors: Kevin Hooks and Tim Van Patten.

das
Old 06-08-04, 01:32 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

There's a Crossing Jordan message board, where a couple of the people involved (writer/maybe a producer) with the show post every once in a while.

They were discussing why Jordan's mother murder wasn't going to be solved in this episode and one of the Crossing Jordan people said they are saving that for the series finale and that he'll personally write that episode.

So I guess don't expect a real conclusion until you hear CJ is getting cancelled or its run is done.
Old 03-20-23, 08:07 PM

Re: Crossing Jordan Finale (6/6): "Jordan's Mother's Mystery Solved!"

I just recently had surgery, so I’ve been limited in my activities. I started watching Crossing Jordan with my mother many years ago, but episodes or not Norder. I never found out exactly what had happened and who killed her mother. So when I saw the series on Roku I decided to watch it from the beginning. However, they do not have this episode. It stops at Pandora trunk two. Then the next episode is the season opener for the next season So I had no idea what had happened. I saw the end where Woody was pointing a gun at Max and Max was pointing a gun at Woody. So I thank you for this explanation of the episode that is missing. It was driving me crazy..