Annoyed at Universal about House of Dracula

Community
Search

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-04, 09:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anyone else annoyed at Universal for releasing House of Dracula only as part of the new Dracula collection? Only House of Dracula, of all of the classic monster films, was not released a few years ago. Since I bought all of the Drac discs when they came out originally, this means I end up with a lot of duplication.
Old 04-11-04, 09:31 PM
Defunct Account

I'm in the same boat as you Paz...I bought them all when they came out too. It would be nice for them to release it seperately, but if the transfers are significantly better, I might upgrade them all anyway. I'm just happy the HoD is coming out. I love these movies!
Old 04-11-04, 09:41 PM

I must have seen House of Dracula a million times as a kid. Our local channel would broadcast the same movie every day for a week at 4:30, and HOD was on all of the time. It brought a happy conclusion to the Lawrence Talbert/Wolfman saga and proved to be a swan song for the classic monsters...except, of course, for Abbott and Costello Meet Frankenstein several years later. I can understand that Universal wanted to go with Dracula/Werewolfs/Frankenstein collections, but with the cross-continuity in the three series, it will be a confusing way to watch them for anyone not familar with them. Me, I am still working my way through the original discs, chronologically.
Old 04-11-04, 09:54 PM

And to buy the whole Dracula set you'll be paying about 3 bucks more than you'd pay if they had released House of Dracula a few years back as a single disc. If this was a 40 buck set I could see complaining, but since it's only 20 bucks I hardly see the problem. Plus, you can just sell your old discs and buy this one and MAKE money on the process.
Old 04-11-04, 11:47 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Yeah, I'm not annoyed, mainly because of the price. IF it had come out in the original batch, you would have paid MORE just to get it!