Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Benson's World exchange problem

Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Old 04-06-04, 02:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm afraid I won't be shopping at bensonsworld.co.uk any more. They used to be my preferred supplier of UK DVDs. For Christmas I got my wife a DVD that she ended up with two copies of. Benson's confirmed that they'd exchange it for us if we sent it to them by registered mail. This cost about as much as the DVD itself, but okay, we sent it.

They received the disc in January, confirmed that they'd issue a store credit and that they'd ship the exchange item "shortly." It's now April. I e-mailed them several times during the interim, and every time was told sorry for the delay, it'll ship soon, or in a few days, or similar. Finally this week I got them to agree to just issue a refund....

...and then got another e-mail the same day from a different person at BW saying sorry, we can't issue a refund after all, but we've given you a store credit.

At this point, I'd be glad to have the original disc back. At least I could sell it on ebay for a few bucks.

Just a recounting of my experience, for whatever it's worth. I'd previously had no problems purchasing from them, but this simple exchange has been nothing but a headache, and I've still got nothing to show for my money.
Old 04-06-04, 03:07 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Unfortunately, many of us (myself included) no longer think of Bensonsworld as a reliable source....

http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showthr...hreadid=355778
Old 04-06-04, 03:11 PM

Oops, didn't think to check International, as I perhaps should have.

Too bad they've turned around like this, as the several discs I bought from them last year arrived with no problems.
Old 04-19-04, 06:32 AM

try www.play.com
been customer there for years, no problems with exchange so far, but I
am form germany.
Since they located at the Chanel Islands (Jersey), I have to pay customs some time.
Old 04-19-04, 07:15 AM

Unfortunately play.com doesn't ship to the US. I've ordered from them recently and am having my discs shipped to a friend in the UK.
Old 04-26-04, 03:37 PM

Just a followup to mention that I'm finally squared away with Bensons. I had to order a different item with my store credit. I requested, and received, an e-mail confirming shipment -- the rep was very apologetic about the problems and assured me that the replacement item had been shipped free of charge. Then a charge showed up on my credit card.

I e-mailed him back. He was doubly apologetic and issued a refund, which took a few days to go through. Actually, I received a refund for twice the actual amount, then another charge for the correct amount, which was very weird but at least it worked out in the end.

I did receive my second-choice replacement disc as promised. Never again will I order from them, that's for sure.