Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Any Neverwinter Nights Players?

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-04, 04:52 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Any Neverwinter Nights Players?

I played the original game when it first came out, but never tried out any of the mods. On a whim today I purchased both expansions(Shadows of Undrentide and Hordes of the Underdark). I'm sure I'll be busy with these for a few weeks, but wanted to see if anyone has any fan created adventures or websites to reccomend. I'm especially interested in seeing if there are any additional prestige classes out there. Thanks.
Old 03-29-04, 06:27 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
I have it. Picked it up when it was released, played it for about 3 months and then stopped to play other games lol. Never did beat the Original Campaign. I enjoyed the game play but I thought the story was kinda shallow. Then this past Christmas when HoTU was released and heard it really improved on the OC story I decided to pick it up as well as the other expansion SoU....again played it for about a month then stopped. Its not that I don't like it...I do prefer the older Icewind Dale and Baldur's Gate's games however but with the limited amount of time I have on my hands I can't keep up long enough with it to complete it. Would like to one day tho. Need to spend less time playing Dark Age of Camelot in my free time!
Old 03-29-04, 11:01 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Re: Any Neverwinter Nights Players?

Originally posted by Amator
I played the original game when it first came out, but never tried out any of the mods. On a whim today I purchased both expansions(Shadows of Undrentide and Hordes of the Underdark). I'm sure I'll be busy with these for a few weeks, but wanted to see if anyone has any fan created adventures or websites to reccomend. I'm especially interested in seeing if there are any additional prestige classes out there. Thanks.
I've actually devoted a ton of time to NWN.
I got hooked on a persistant world server back when it first came out and am now one of the main DMs and content creators. So, I play around within NWN almost everyday in one way or another.

I have also worked on single player modules off and on, but never finish them, as I always go back to working on our world.

As for other PrCs, yes. Bioware made it possible to make new ones and there are many community members doing just that. Check out Bioware's forums to find some more info. There is a group even I believe who are working on a large pack of them, up to 15-20 now.

The same thing is being done with spells and the like. NWVault is a good place to download just about anything for NWN, but if you want single player modules, check Bioware's website for some top rated ones.
Old 03-29-04, 11:46 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 396 Likes on 296 Posts
I played alot of NWN back when it first came out. Great game. I finished SoU, that was pretty good. I really liked HotU, but never finished it, so I might have to install it again, and get to playing

Isn't Bioware working on another expansion?
Old 03-30-04, 07:04 AM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
It's a great concept for a game. I wish Bioware would have included multiplayer and the editor in Kotor.
Old 03-30-04, 09:15 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by nickdawgy
I played alot of NWN back when it first came out. Great game. I finished SoU, that was pretty good. I really liked HotU, but never finished it, so I might have to install it again, and get to playing

Isn't Bioware working on another expansion?
According to Bioware, they do not currently have plans for another expansion or NWN2. That could always change, but I think they are focusing on Jade Empire and their new, unnannouced titles for now. (supposedly new intellectual properties, so not KotOR 2 yet either)

The community put together an expansion pack which is a bunch of content created by different people. It is just content though, no modules. Depending on what you are looking for when designing a module, it may or may not be useful. I personally found very little useful.

Bioware does have a small group dedicated to NWN called the Live Team who will be releasing new monsters, etc. in future patches. They are also working on a series of short modules called the Witch's Wake. The first one is out there for download on their website, no idea when part two will be released.
Old 03-30-04, 09:25 AM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
I thought Witch's Wake was cancelled a long time ago? I thought it had something to do with Hasbro not wanting any "Occult" associations with their family-friendly name.
Old 03-30-04, 06:30 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by Groucho
I thought Witch's Wake was cancelled a long time ago? I thought it had something to do with Hasbro not wanting any "Occult" associations with their family-friendly name.
As far as I know, it is still on. The designers still talk about it on the forums. One of the big issues they are currently tossing around is how to distribute it. It looks like they are considering charging small fees for downloading modules themselves (or any future Live Team created ones), but allowing any new content to be free through patches.
Old 03-31-04, 09:54 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 188 Likes on 105 Posts
I picked up the original version a few weeks ago. It's OK, but I prefer the Baldur's Gate and Icewind Dale games. I really don't have enough time, though, to devote to the game.

Anyone have any short but good modules to recommend?