Reload this Page >

lord of the rings trilogy

Old 02-17-04, 10:19 AM
ruk
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

according to dvdanswers.com - there is a trilogy set comming out next year, check out the link

http://dvdanswers.com/index.php?r=0&...3337&n=1&burl=
Old 02-17-04, 10:25 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts
I really hope it's just all three EE or Theatrical versions in a box. There's no way I'm buying a new set for all three films. The EE's are more than enough for me.
Old 02-17-04, 11:01 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 255 Likes on 163 Posts
From the link:

The trilogy set won't have anything new it will just be on big main set of them all together.
Old 02-17-04, 11:01 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts
Originally posted by steebo777
I really hope it's just all three EE or Theatrical versions in a box. There's no way I'm buying a new set for all three films. The EE's are more than enough for me.
I have a very hard believing there can be anything additional to add to the EEs themselves. As many others have stated, the EEs have everything that *I* would need, and would not upgrade unless it was a ridiculous deal. Most likely, you are talking special packaging and some type of bonus disc and the EEs.
Old 02-17-04, 11:13 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally posted by GuessWho
From the link:The trilogy set won't have anything new it will just be on big main set of them all together.
Thanks, forgot about that whole reading thing
Old 02-17-04, 11:38 AM

That was just something someone posted in a comment below, it wasn't part of my news article We don't know what the Trilogy set will include yet. I imagine they might revise the Gollum CGI for the first film though.
Old 02-17-04, 11:50 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

The "evidence" offered to prove that they would go back and re-do the CGI for Gollum is unconvincing. If I were to listen to that, I'd also be forced to believe that Peter Jackson is going to go back and film Tom Bombadil and all the other stuff that was left out of the movies, because he says on the commentary for "The Two Towers" that that's what he'd like to do, since they can't do sequels.

I don't think they should re-do Gollum, anymore than they should CGI Hayden Christiansen's face into the end of 'Return of the Jedi'.
Old 02-17-04, 11:54 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I could see several different kinds of boxsets. Possibilities:

1. A "super" box set containing all 6 versions of the films -- maybe the National Geographic discs and even a new disc documentary of some type.

2. A box set of just the extended.

3. A box set of just the theatrical.
Old 02-17-04, 11:56 AM

Originally posted by ThatGuamGuy
The "evidence" offered to prove that they would go back and re-do the CGI for Gollum is unconvincing. ..
Well, Peter Jackson said that he'd like to in the FOTR commentary didn't he?
Old 02-17-04, 01:15 PM
Suspended

Location: You have moved into a dark place. It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.
Originally posted by Tom Woodward
That was just something someone posted in a comment below, it wasn't part of my news article We don't know what the Trilogy set will include yet. I imagine they might revise the Gollum CGI for the first film though.
Video Business ran a story about the upcoming discs, citing that a 3-film boxed set of the theatrical versions will be out in May (same discs, just packaged together) and that a 12 disc set of the three EEs will be out in September when RotK is released.

There will be no new features or additional material produced for the trilogy sets.

But if you don't have any of them yet expect a sizeable discount.
Old 02-17-04, 01:20 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally posted by jough
Video Business ran a story about the upcoming discs, citing that a 3-film boxed set of the theatrical versions will be out in May (same discs, just packaged together) and that a 12 disc set of the three EEs will be out in September when RotK is released.

There will be no new features or additional material produced for the trilogy sets.

But if you don't have any of them yet expect a sizeable discount.
Well most of us here probably did a preorder and got them for around $20. I would anticipate a $59.99 sale price tag on a complete EE set, with MSRP around 79.99.
Old 02-17-04, 02:32 PM
Suspended

Location: You have moved into a dark place. It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.
I'm surprised they're really considering a boxed set with no new material - I mean, is there anyone who's interested in these films that HASN'T bought them in one form or another already?

Of course, a Best Picture win for RotK could mean people who ordinarily wouldn't check these out may buy them because of the hubbub.
Old 02-17-04, 03:35 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I'm surprised they're really considering a boxed set with no new material - I mean, is there anyone who's interested in these films that HASN'T bought them in one form or another already?

Of course, a Best Picture win for RotK could mean people who ordinarily wouldn't check these out may buy them because of the hubbub.
This one will come with "attractive packaging" only available with the purchase of all three EEs at once.
Old 02-17-04, 04:00 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 44 Likes on 39 Posts
A friend of mine loves these movies, but hasn't bought any of them yet. She said she's waiting for a box set. I told her that unless she wants to wait even longer she might as well buy all three when ROTK comes out as the other two will most likely be discounted that week.
Old 02-17-04, 07:38 PM
ruk
DVD Talk Special Edition

i will probably sell mine and get the box set
Old 02-17-04, 07:44 PM

I wish they would but a box out with just ROTK that would have empty space for the first two EE movies.
Old 02-17-04, 08:01 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally posted by Megatron
I wish they would but a box out with just ROTK that would have empty space for the first two EE movies.
That would be awesome. If there was anyone I would expect to do something that cool, it would be Peter Jackson/New Line. So far they have done everything right with these movies.
Old 02-17-04, 10:59 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 59 Likes on 37 Posts
I absolutely love these films and they are must-haves for me. I only have a used version of the theatrical version of Fellowship widescreen.... I'm waiting for a EE trilogy boxset.
Old 02-17-04, 11:04 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I hope they don't add anything. Isn't there enough content on the LOTR releases?
Old 02-17-04, 11:19 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts
I don't think the EE's need a box to put them in... they sit just fine on my shelf. A box for the theatricals would be nice though.
Old 02-18-04, 01:18 AM

I love the movies and I haven't bought any of them yet. I have the theatrical version of Fellowship but got it for free. I'm waiting for a set of all three EEs before I buy.
Old 02-18-04, 01:09 PM

Originally posted by Megatron
Maybe it will be a mail away like universal did with the Jurassic Park Trilogy box.

Last edited by VincentVega; 02-22-04 at 04:19 PM.
Old 02-18-04, 01:15 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Originally posted by fumanstan
I don't think the EE's need a box to put them in... they sit just fine on my shelf. A box for the theatricals would be nice though.
Agreed. I don't think a box is needed, 'cause I'm using the cool bookends from the FOTR Gift Set.
Old 02-18-04, 03:11 PM

Taken directly from www.theonering.net

Tonia writes: Concerning this article about a 2005 DVD Box Set, last month I went to a bookshop meeting with Jude Fischer and Brian Sibley here in London. One of the things that Brian said was that New Line will really release a trilogy box set next year and -- more important -- with a bonus disc containing many deleted scenes that didn't make even the extended editions.

Jack$on, Luca$, $pielberg, they are all the same
Old 02-18-04, 03:14 PM

wat do u think will be in the gift set for ROTK? i didnt get the other ones so im hoping this one'll have summat good =D

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.