Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > International DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Andrew Lau's "The Park"

International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

Andrew Lau's "The Park"

Old 02-02-04, 09:01 AM

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts
Andrew Lau's "The Park"

saw this over at DDDHouse and was wondering if any has seen this and what their thoughts are on it

The Park

???
Old 02-02-04, 10:24 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I saw this movie in the theater when I was in Hong Kong last August. It was in 3D. The movie poster rocks but unfortunately the movie itself was terrible.....and I enjoy bad movies! At least I got some cool looking "Park" 3D glasses!
Old 02-03-04, 06:18 AM

Received 511 Likes on 368 Posts
I just got the DVD from DVDShelf (or whatever it's called now). It comes with 1 pair of red/blue 3-D glasses. The 3-D scenes are only about 15 minutes total. A little 3-D icon appears in the upper left hand corner of the screen letting you know that the scenes are coming. Maybe it was just me, but I thought the 3-D effects were a blurry mess.

I had read a couple bad reviews, but the idea of a haunted amusement park appealed to me. Unfortunately, the movie wasn't scary and the sets were unimpressive.

Overall, it was pretty disappointing.
Old 02-03-04, 06:32 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Hmmm ...I was planning on including this is in next order, but I may reconsider.

Last edited by marty888; 02-03-04 at 06:39 AM.
Old 02-04-04, 04:23 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm a huge fan of 3-D movies, but I can't recommend this one at all. The 3-D sequences seem to have been chosen at random and no attempt to use the process creatively was made.

Worst of all, they used the poor anaglyph red/blue 3-D system, which does not work here at all. Even with the glasses on, I couldn't see a hint of depth.

Easily the worst attempt at 3-D in the last 30 years.