Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Archives > Archives > DVD Talk Archive
Reload this Page >

WWE DVD News! Ric Flair DVD replacement packaging & Mick Foley DVD details.

Old 12-17-03, 07:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

From 1wrestling.com:
___
WWE DVD NEWS ON RIC FLAIR, MICK FOLEY, AND ECW FOOTAGE _
by Mike Johnson
Updated: 12/17/2003 2:10:30 PM_
__ ___Many of you who purchased the Ultimate Ric Flair Collection DVD may have noticed that upon removing the protective sticker on the packaging, the artwork for the back of the Collection's digipax became ripped. A special phone number has been set up by WWE Home Video to order replacement digipaks at 203-352-8600 ext 1022. Those who wish to get a new one for their DVDs can call and leave their name, address, and phone number and they will send one out in the mail.
Reader Alex Morales sent along a link to the trailer for the upcoming Mick Foley's Greatest Hits & Misses: A Life In Wrestling DVD. It looks absolutely awesome.
According to the trailer, it will include over 5 hours of Foley matches. From clips on the DVD, WWF matches you will see at least in part include The Hell in the Cell with Foley vs. The Undertaker, Foley vs. Triple H at Royal Rumble 2000, Foley vs. Steve Austin from Over the Edge, Foley's WWF championship win over The Rock in Worcester, MA, and Foley vs. Funk from Raw is War.
WCW matches that are showcased in the trailer are the entire Cactus Jack vs. Vader series from 1993, Sting vs. Cactus Jack at WCW Beach Blast '92 and Cactus Jack & Maxx Payne vs. The Nasty Boys at WCW Spring Stampede 94.
The Foley DVD will also feature, for the first time on a WWE release since they purchased the assets of Extreme Championshp Wrestling, ECW footage of Cactus Jack vs. Sabu (matches from the ECW Arena in 6/94 and Hamburg, PA in 11/94), Foley's farewell match vs. Mikey Whipwreck from the Big Ass Extreme Bash, Cactus Jack & Whipwreck vs. The Public Enemy from 8/94, Cactus Jack vs. The Sandman in a No Ropes Barbed Wire Match from 6/95, and Terry Funk vs. Cactus Jack from ECW Hostile City Showdown '95.
Old 12-17-03, 07:51 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
man i can't wait for that Foley DVD. i haven't opened my Flair one yet, but i'm hoping i won't need to get a replacement case when i do
Old 12-17-03, 08:31 PM
Cool New Member

O.............M..............G........... wow, i thought the Flair DVD would shine above all, but apparently someone else may take some of that glimmer. That dvd set is AWESOME! i just re-bought Hard Knocks and Cheap Pops and i have NO apprehension whatsoever about getting this one the day it comes out. kudos to WWE for recegnozing the strength of their librarys and making true wrestling fans dreams come true.
Old 12-17-03, 10:27 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
The packaging getting ripped by the sticker really sucked. I'm thrilled the WWE is replacing it. I will call tomorrow.

The Foley set has me interested as well. Wish they would give the matches complete though.
Old 12-17-03, 10:45 PM
DVD Talk Hero

A big to both pieces of news.
Old 12-17-03, 11:25 PM

I'm excited about the Foley set. The Vader series was brutal in WCW and I'm sure many fans seeing it for the first time will be shocked. I think the Sabu match at the ECW Arena is the match where Sabu tried breaking a legit bottle over his head and it took something like 7 tries. The WWE is on a hell of a roll with their DVD releases lately. Another must for you Foley fans is the Pioneer Best Of Cactus Jack DVD that covers his stay in ECW. Have a nice day!
Old 12-17-03, 11:59 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

E-C-Dub! E-C-Dub!!

I was at the Sandman barbed wire match. Brutal. In an awesome way... Sandman is the only guy who would intentionally wrap himself in barbed wire just to jump against his opponent.
Old 12-18-03, 12:58 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I think this is terrific all the way around. Too bad the studios can't learn a thing or two from a WRESTLING company as to how to treat your customers. They certainly didn't need to offer replacement digi-packs, and their market is so fixed, they will continue buying anyway, but golly gee, they actually CARE about their fan base. Big thumbs up to the WWE on that one.

And I've spent a small fortune on Foley DVDs, from The Three Faces of Foley, Mick Foley, Hard Knocks and Cheap Pops to the Best of ECW Mick Foley, but I'll be all over this set when it debuts. To have it all in one place with Foley's comments is just sensational. "I'm hardcore, I'm hardcore" Foley's 1995 interviews and storyline was one of the top 3 I've seen in 20 years of watching Wrestling and probably isnt' too well known to the public. I hope they give that proper perspective, it went a long way to making ECW a quasi player in the Wrestling Biz.
Old 12-18-03, 01:03 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I forgot to add, but has there been any news or speculation on doing a sequel to this Flair set? Off the top of my head, they could still cover his feuds with Piper, Magnum T.A., Koloff, Luger, Garvin and Savage. The demand might just be there for something like this. On top of that, they really didn't show all that many of his title changes, so they could follow that up too.
Old 12-18-03, 03:18 AM

I love these DVDs with old footage.
I want a Road Warriors DVD next.
Old 12-18-03, 05:27 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Pity that a lof of these matches are already in the ECW Best of Cactus Jack DVD such as the one Vs Mickey Whipwreck and the barbed wire match Vs the Sandman.

Also, is the match vs The Rock in Worcester, MA the empty arena match? (also in Hard Knocks and Cheap Pops)

Another thing we all have to look forward to is censored WWF logos
Old 12-18-03, 05:29 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by niiyama
I love these DVDs with old footage.
I want a Road Warriors DVD next.
Won't happen. Cause they're not in the WWE (and one of them is dead).
Old 12-18-03, 06:03 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I really hope we start seeing more old school dvd sets. I know it will never happen, but a best of the British Bulldogs would make my day...but like I said it will never happen...
Old 12-18-03, 06:36 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally posted by The Nature Boy
I forgot to add, but has there been any news or speculation on doing a sequel to this Flair set? Off the top of my head, they could still cover his feuds with Piper, Magnum T.A., Koloff, Luger, Garvin and Savage. The demand might just be there for something like this. On top of that, they really didn't show all that many of his title changes, so they could follow that up too.
This was my hope as well. As well as the first one sold I think this will happen. I'm certainly going to buy it if it comes out.
Old 12-18-03, 08:26 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

One thing both of these DVDs show is how poorly WWE has handled great wrestlers. (for example Windahm and Vader). even Flair and Foley have not been used to there potential.

I dont want to be a stereotype and say wrestling was better back in the day, but it was. (the Flair DVD shows that too)

Last edited by cactusoly; 12-18-03 at 08:29 AM.
Old 12-18-03, 08:53 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Re: WWE DVD News! Ric Flair DVD replacement packaging & Mick Foley DVD details.

Originally posted by CaseyB
A special phone number has been set up by WWE Home Video to order replacement digipaks at 203-352-8600 ext 1022. Those who wish to get a new one for their DVDs can call and leave their name, address, and phone number and they will send one out in the mail.
Nothing happens when you put this extension.

Last edited by Class316; 12-18-03 at 11:37 AM.
Old 12-18-03, 09:16 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by Class316

Also, is the match vs The Rock in Worcester, MA the empty arena match? (also in Hard Knocks and Cheap Pops)

No it is the title win on Raw, when Stone Cold (after not having been on tv for a couple of weeks) came out to one of the loudest pops I ever heard and smashed The Rock with a chair to help Foley get the 1-2-3.

As for a Flair sequel, of course there will be one. The first one was/is a huge seller so the WWE will milk it for all they can. It probably will not be out until the second half of next year. Has anyone heard anything else about "The Rise And Fall Of WCW?" Supposedly it is to be released Feb. 3rd as a two disc set but otherwise I have not heard anything about the matches included.
Old 12-18-03, 02:54 PM

just as an aside, while I agree Flair's 91-93 WWF run could have been handled better, Mick Foley became a bigger star in the WWF from '96-00 than he could have ever dreamed.(ie World Champion, constant top of the card character, best selling author) etc) I would say he was more wasted in WCW in the early 90's than anything else.

-Paul Jacobi- (also eagerly anticipating the Foley DVD)
Old 12-18-03, 06:33 PM

For those that called the number and are not getting the extension to work...

WHen they ask who you want or what department, say "Home Video", then you can ask for that extension.
Old 12-19-03, 08:09 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by Erik68
For those that called the number and are not getting the extension to work...

WHen they ask who you want or what department, say "Home Video", then you can ask for that extension.
Thanks that's something to try.
Old 12-23-03, 12:45 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 82 Likes on 49 Posts
Just got my Flair set from DDD.

This thing is AMAZING! Best WWE release to date!

Andrew
Old 01-22-04, 12:50 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I got my replacement Flair case today.
Old 01-22-04, 01:19 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by scott27
I got my replacement Flair case today.
K, can you give me step by step instructions regarding what you did?
Old 01-22-04, 08:17 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

i called the phone # and extension listed in the first post in this thread. No one answered, so I left a message on the voice mail saying I was calling for the Ric Flair DVD replacement case. And then I left my name and address, repeating both. That's it.
Old 01-22-04, 09:23 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by scott27
i called the phone # and extension listed in the first post in this thread. No one answered, so I left a message on the voice mail saying I was calling for the Ric Flair DVD replacement case. And then I left my name and address, repeating both. That's it.
How long did it take?

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.