Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Contract J.A.C.K.

Old 11-19-03, 09:12 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 378 Likes on 282 Posts
Contract J.A.C.K.

I was too lazy to search if there are any other threads about this one, so I apologize if it's a repost... (I remember a thread about the demo, but that's it)

Anyhow, has anyone played the full version? I was planning on picking it up (Huge NOLF fan) but Gamespot gave it a 5.9, called it mediocre and said it's a 4 hour game at best. Not to say Gamestop is a good source of reviews (they gave True Crime a 7 something) but the readers even rated it in the high 5's to low 6's. Is the game really that bad?
Old 11-19-03, 03:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gamespot reviewed it.

Score 5.9

Last paragraph
Contract J.A.C.K. is sort of a backhanded response to all those naysayers who found Cate Archer's adventures to be too cute. The sense of humor, varied mission design, nifty Bond-inspired thingamajigs, and even the groovy 1960s threads have been swapped for a straight focus on action that strips the franchise of its identity and charm. It seems almost as if Monolith is sending a "be careful what you wish for" message to the complainers via one of the most uninspired shooters of the year.

By Brett Todd
Old 11-19-03, 03:30 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 378 Likes on 282 Posts
yechh! Sounds like a really bad game. I was hoping it'd be better, too