Reload this Page >

Law & Order: Criminal Intent

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Old 10-01-01, 09:51 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well, I don't see a thread, so I'll start one. Obviously spoilers for last night's episode.

I don't know what I thought about this show. I think I really liked it, but it's hard to tell. They made so much about "from the criminal perspective," but it really wasn't all that different. This time we know who killed whom, but everything else about the show is pretty much the same ... no complaints, however, because it's a good formula, so it works.

D'Onofrio was really good. It was strange to see him in a role like this on television, but it worked. He has such a great look about him, like he could snap and eat someone's leg in a heartbeat. It was also nice to see Kathryn Erbe; hopefully she'll get more development, because last night was a one man show with Vincent. Except for Courtney B. Vance who came out of nowhere towards the end to steal the show out from under him. I just loved his character. So cold and apathetic in the interrogation scenes. It worked very well.

I liked it. It didn't seem to live up to the hype, but it was still another good Law & Order show. Tough timeslot, but I'll probably keep watching it for a while.

das
Old 10-01-01, 10:14 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 44 Likes on 39 Posts
I liked it, as well. Although, I thought that there'd be at least some court room scenes.
Old 10-01-01, 01:38 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
liked it, but how many L&O shows can they have on without losing quality on the original?
Old 10-01-01, 03:24 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by mikehunt
liked it, but how many L&O shows can they have on without losing quality on the original?
Too late
Old 10-01-01, 03:33 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 602 Likes on 486 Posts
Originally posted by DJLinus
I liked it, as well. Although, I thought that there'd be at least some court room scenes.

That's disapointing to hear (I Tivoed it last night since football was on). That is the main reason why I don't really watch SVU. I thought that this was going to be a 50/50 split like the original.
Old 10-01-01, 08:18 PM

Received 90 Likes on 76 Posts
Shoot, if it wasn't for HBO's Band of Brothers, I'd be watching this show. I hate to pick and choose.
Old 10-02-01, 02:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I finally got to watch CI (I taped it). And I must say, it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. I think I like this law and order more then the SVU. Great cast I must say
Old 10-04-01, 09:53 PM

It's official. This is now my favorite L&O. I still like the other two, but this one is just what I expected. It's great.
Old 10-09-01, 10:42 AM
DVD Talk God

I missed the first one so I caught the episode on Sunday (since it was lame Sunday Night NFL game). Is D'Onofrio supposed to be Super Sleuth or something. Considering how smart and well educated he is, I have a hard time buying his character. Plus he comes off as real a$$. I was actually rooting for the German guy in this one. Plus his partner doesn't even do anything.

Also, where is the Order? The ADA on the show doesn't look like he has anything better to do than spend time watching D'Onofrio break down a suspect.

Looks like I'll be watching even the bad NFL matchups now on Sunday nights.
Old 01-12-03, 09:31 PM

Law & Order CI 01/12/03

Not as much zing as I expected. Still a good episode though.

Guest starring Lee Tergesen aka Tobias Beecher from Oz. Guess he won't have a recurring role on the Law and Order franchise like a few of his former prison buddies. Too bad.
Old 01-12-03, 09:36 PM

Even tho this show doesn't stick to the law and order formula (its far more character driven), i quite like it.

Wasn't the most interesting of episodes, but still pretty good.
Old 04-30-03, 12:32 PM

Law & Order: CI question (spoiler free for upcoming episodes)

I've only seen two episodes of Criminal Intent.

I saw one with Olivia d'Abo (mmm....) playing a woman posing as an academic.

Am I to infer from the scene in which Vincent D'Onofrio is questioning her, near the end, that D'Onofrio's character's mother was a lesbian? (She asked, "How old were you when you realized your Mommy wasn't like other Mommies?")
Old 04-30-03, 05:44 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I saw that episode as well. I think she was referring to his mother being in prison. Didn't she say something to the effect of how often do you get up visit her in some prison sounding place?
Old 05-01-03, 06:33 AM

I don't recall whether or not she did say that.

Let's assume she did. Do we know how his Mommy is different from other Mommies? Didn't Vincent D'Onofrio say something about it was when he was with her at a shopping mall? I don't understand.
Old 08-25-03, 07:10 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Cast Change For Law & Order: Special Victims Unit

I'll spoiler it in case anyone wants to be surprised:

Spoiler:
From zap2it.com: Stephanie March leaves the series in October and is replaced by Diane Neal. In true "Law & Order" fashion, look for March's departure to be dramatic.

Does anyone know when this was announced? I did a quick search on the forum but I didn't find anything, so I figured that I would post it. Am I out of the loop or something? This is the first that I have heard of it.
Old 08-25-03, 11:41 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,356 Likes on 921 Posts
Stephanie March was always leaving. It was supposed to happen last season, but it never did. This is old news, unfortunately. She will be missed, since she's such eye candy.
Old 08-26-03, 12:45 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 69 Likes on 58 Posts
yes, all last season, I kept waiting for the episode where she cracks and decides to quit being the ADA. Didn't happen so I thought they had struck a deal. I mean once they leave the show, do the really make it big?
Old 08-26-03, 01:12 AM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 245 Likes on 185 Posts
Originally posted by chowderhead
I mean once they leave the show, do the really make it big?
Not really. I think Jill Hennessey was the only one who had a big exit.
Spoiler:
Claire died
The only other exits I remember were Noth's and Bratt's and neither one of those were big deals. Logan(Noth) got demoted for punching a councilmen and Curtis left to spend time with his sick wife.

I thought the episode where the transexual she sent away that nearly got beaten to death in Rikers was going to lead to her exit. Guess not.
Old 08-26-03, 01:16 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 69 Likes on 58 Posts
Sorry, I meant when they leave to do movies, tv, etc; do they really hit it big?
I mean I really liked Angie Harmon's character - ADA Carmichael (the new ADA on L&O is a bit weak next to McCoy) but she really hasn't done anything since except spend time with her husband - that football guy.
I mean why would you want to leave an ensemble show that will last seemingly forever and which is pretty easy schedule wise? i.e. you are only on the show each week for 1/2 the time compared to a regular drama.

Last edited by chowderhead; 08-26-03 at 01:20 AM.
Old 08-26-03, 01:24 AM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 245 Likes on 185 Posts
You mean costaring with Frankie Muniz in Agent Cody Banks isn't the big time?

Carey Lowell married Richard Gere.

Jill Hennessey has Crossong Jordan.

That's about it.
Old 08-26-03, 05:59 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 142 Likes on 97 Posts
Chris Noth has a nice role on Sex & The City though he's no longer a regular character.
Old 08-26-03, 08:13 AM
DVD Talk God

This is old news. SM announced that she was leaving back in December. I think they announced her replacement back in May.

Too bad Elizabeth Rohm can't do the same. Stephanie March belonged on the main L&O.
Old 08-26-03, 03:46 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,356 Likes on 921 Posts
Originally posted by Red Dog

Stephanie March belonged on the main L&O.
No, no. She belongs in my bed.
Old 08-26-03, 10:36 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Jamie Ross (Carey Lowell) had a fairly dramatic departure. She had to truthfully testify at McCoy's disciplinary hearing. Not exactly a car crash, but not exactly "Bye bye, now " either.
Old 08-27-03, 08:39 AM
DVD Talk God

Originally posted by Buck Turgidson
Jamie Ross (Carey Lowell) had a fairly dramatic departure. She had to truthfully testify at McCoy's disciplinary hearing. Not exactly a car crash, but not exactly "Bye bye, now " either.

Yeah, Monster is one of my favorite L&O season finales. Not only is there the Jamie/Jack disciplinary deal but you have Schiff facing reelection, Lennie contemplating putting a hit out on his daughter's killer and Van Buren learning that her job is in jeopardy. Good cliffhanger, particuarly since I think all of their contracts were up at the time.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.