Soul Calibur 2 Bonus Disc for PS2

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Old 08-21-03, 10:44 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Got this off of Avault:

The initial shipment of Namco Hometek's Soul Calibur II for PS2 will include a special demo disc featuring playable demos and game trailers. Soul Calibur II ships to retailers on Aug. 26. The disc will include:

Kill.Switch demo
I-Ninja demo
Tekken 4 demo
R:Racing Evolution trailer
Time Crisis 3 trailer
Pac-Man World 2 trailer
Namco Museum trailer
Xenosaga Episode I trailer
Ace Combat 04 trailer
Moto GP3 trailer
Ace Combat 04 downloadable content
Moto GP3 downloadable content
Tekken 4 downloadable content
Tekken Tag Tournament downloadable content

Still doesn't change my mind on which version I'll be picking up(XBOX) but apparently this disc is exclusive to Sony.
Old 08-21-03, 10:56 AM
Retired

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Pretty cool, but I"m still getting the GC version for Link.
Old 08-21-03, 11:43 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
but apparently this disc is exclusive to Sony
It would be pretty pointless to include a Demo disc full of PS2 games on either Xbox or Game cube.
Old 08-21-03, 11:53 AM

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Originally posted by Jackskeleton
It would be pretty pointless to include a Demo disc full of PS2 games on either Xbox or Game cube.
Sorry, I missed the part where it said all those games were exclusive to PS2. My bad. Maybe they thought they would give PS2 owners a little added bonus after screwing them on their 'bonus' character?

Last edited by Setzer; 08-21-03 at 11:57 AM.
Old 08-21-03, 01:59 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Doesn't matter to me. Everything I've read says that the PS2 is the worst of the bunch, so I'm going with the XBox version.
Old 08-21-03, 02:23 PM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
Yeah, but "Worst of the Bunch" with Soul Caliber 2 is like being the ugliest Dallas Cowboy Cheerleader.
Old 08-21-03, 04:07 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

What exactly is this 'downloadable content'?
Old 08-21-03, 05:02 PM

Originally posted by Groucho
Yeah, but "Worst of the Bunch" with Soul Caliber 2 is like being the ugliest Dallas Cowboy Cheerleader.

be that as it may, the PS2 version will be the one version I won't be getting. the bonus character is bogus (IMO) and the graphics are less, compared to its counterparts. The only thing the ps2 as going for it is the controller. I already have the GC version (via import) and I plan to pick up the xbox version when it comes out.
Old 08-21-03, 06:35 PM

so if the ps2 version is the worst what are the pros and cons for the gc and xbox other than the characters, i think i will be getting the gc version since i have it hooked up to my big screen with component cables for progressive scan picture.
Old 08-21-03, 06:42 PM

Spawn and Heiachi really fit into the game, more than Link does. Now if this was a cheery happy cute fighter, Link might fit in. In fact, link fits more in VS series than in SC2.

PS2 version is great for controllers and looks good, at least compared to Soul Calibur and Blade.
Old 08-21-03, 09:43 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Heiachi has no weapons. this is a game where all the characters have some sort of weapon.

It would be like walking into a gun fight with a spoon.

GC and XBOX have graphics

GC suffers from folks who seem to think the controls are not good, though they are perfect for it.. if you think any other way, you can always get the SCII joy stick.

You can compare it's looks to calibur and blade honestly. those are old games. Whatever. Link fits in with his adult look in the game.
Old 08-21-03, 10:38 PM

Heiachi is a Namco character, in other words, for fans of Namco games, it's a very cool special, kind of like if Kosmos or the girl from Ridge Racer appeared..
Old 08-21-03, 11:29 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally posted by psxfan2
so if the ps2 version is the worst what are the pros and cons for the gc and xbox other than the characters, i think i will be getting the gc version since i have it hooked up to my big screen with component cables for progressive scan picture.
According to EGM's reviews, the PS2 version suffers from slowdown and long load times.
Old 08-22-03, 04:18 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally posted by sararekuforever
Heiachi is a Namco character, in other words, for fans of Namco games, it's a very cool special, kind of like if Kosmos or the girl from Ridge Racer appeared..
There is already a Tekken character in the soul calibur series. He belongs there because of his sword. Heiachi might be a namco character, but he has no business in a Soul Calibur game.
Old 08-22-03, 08:47 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Yeah I agree. They should have put Yoshimitsu in there instead of Heihachi. Yoshi is a Tekken character, and he has a sword. Of course, they've used Yoshi in the previous game, but who cares? Use him again and add some new moves/costumes or something. Or they could have put in Kunimitsu instead. She is a Namco character, is well known in the Tekken series, also has weapons, and has never been in a Soul Caliber game.
Old 08-22-03, 09:35 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by Drexl
According to EGM's reviews, the PS2 version suffers from slowdown and long load times.
Big surprise there.
Old 08-22-03, 10:28 AM
Retired

Originally posted by Joshic
Yeah I agree. They should have put Yoshimitsu in there instead of Heihachi.
Yoshimitsu is in all 3 versions of SCII.
Old 08-22-03, 10:31 AM
Cool New Member

Originally posted by Jackskeleton

It would be like walking into a gun fight with a spoon.
There is no spoon
Old 08-23-03, 03:12 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I'll be getting the PS2 version, namely because it's the only system I have. But I honestly have to say, I'm looking forward to playing as Heiachi. I remember when playing SC on the Dreamcast religiously, my friends and I used to speculate on how awesome it would be if one of the fighters in SC didn't have a weapon. That would be hardcore. Looks like the creators were thinking the same thing.

Not looking forward to the long load times (if they're really that bad), but I'll deal.
Old 08-23-03, 03:42 PM

I havent been keeping up with the SC2 news, so maybe this is known as a fact already, but maybe they will give Heihachi a weapon?
Old 08-23-03, 04:26 PM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,032 Likes on 4,117 Posts
Originally posted by menaz
I havent been keeping up with the SC2 news, so maybe this is known as a fact already, but maybe they will give Heihachi a weapon?
No. He's weaponless. It seems silly to me, though

Last edited by Decker; 08-23-03 at 04:45 PM.
Old 08-23-03, 08:47 PM

Well I already got my t-shirt when i preordered and since I got the GCN version I get the Link cell art which I got to look at today and its very cool
Old 08-23-03, 11:41 PM

Originally posted by Goldblum
I'll be getting the PS2 version, namely because it's the only system I have. But I honestly have to say, I'm looking forward to playing as Heiachi. I remember when playing SC on the Dreamcast religiously, my friends and I used to speculate on how awesome it would be if one of the fighters in SC didn't have a weapon. That would be hardcore. Looks like the creators were thinking the same thing.

Not looking forward to the long load times (if they're really that bad), but I'll deal.
I don't know if you ever played it, but in Soul Blade, one could play weaponless once they were disarmed. Nothing too special, just you're regular punches and kicks. And the disarmed character would usually fall pretty fast to the armed opponent. Great game, though.
Old 08-24-03, 04:31 AM

for ps2 they should have put in cloud strife from final fantasy 7...

or sephiroth
Old 08-24-03, 09:07 AM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,032 Likes on 4,117 Posts
Originally posted by elny3680
for ps2 they should have put in cloud strife from final fantasy 7...

or sephiroth
There was a PS1 game that had Cloud as a fighting character. I can't remember the name, and I'm not sure it ever made it stateside, either. Anyways, it was a Square game.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.