Error on Friday the 13th: The Final Chapter

Community
Search

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-03, 01:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I want to report this, hoping that Martin Blythe or anyone else with Paramount sees it.

On the Friday the 13th: The Final Chapter DVD, when you use the French soundtrack, the first chapter of the movie has audio problems. It skips up all over the place. It's not just my DVD. I've researched. They're all like that.

Also, a question. Any chance of a future release of this film featuring the extra scenes that were used in the Television Version?

James Maxwell
Old 06-24-03, 09:56 AM

Ah yes, I should mention this is the Region 1 DVD.
Old 06-26-03, 10:56 PM

Yep
Old 07-10-03, 08:37 PM

Old 07-10-03, 09:31 PM
DRG
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
There are supposedly re-issues of all the Paramount Friday titles on the way, but who knows when (and if) they will actually see the light of day.

Last edited by DRG; 07-11-03 at 12:54 AM.
Old 07-11-03, 12:33 AM

i'm sure the 4 other people that wanted to buy that DVD and listen to it in French will be very disappointed.
Old 07-11-03, 09:53 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Finch03-

Thank you for being so helpful and adding such a wonderful comment to the thread! Your input sure is appreciated.
Old 07-11-03, 11:00 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by DRG
There are supposedly re-issues of all the Paramount Friday titles on the way, but who knows when (and if) they will actually see the light of day.
Yes, they will see the light of day. The producer has bn assigned to the box set, and a budget has been established.

Cheers,
Erik
Old 07-11-03, 12:40 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by DVD_O_Rama
Yes, they will see the light of day. The producer has bn assigned to the box set, and a budget has been established.

Cheers,
Erik
Will they definitely be unrated or is that yet to be decided?
Old 07-11-03, 02:45 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by Squirrel God
Will they definitely be unrated or is that yet to be decided?
I am unsure of that as of right now, but I will say this: I would not expect it. And to be honest, it's not realistic to expect them to be able to do that, even if they wanted to.

I'm one of the biggest Friday fans there is, and have been fortunate enough to talk to many cast and crew members over the years. The fact is, it's not like the footage is laying around in Paramount's vaults. The only thing I can be sure of is that the fotage for The New Blood exists for an uncut print.

All materials and exact contents are up in the air at this point, but it is moving forward.

Cheers,
Erik
Old 07-11-03, 02:56 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I am unsure of that as of right now, but I will say this: I would not expect it. And to be honest, it's not realistic to expect them to be able to do that, even if they wanted to.

I'm one of the biggest Friday fans there is, and have been fortunate enough to talk to many cast and crew members over the years. The fact is, it's not like the footage is laying around in Paramount's vaults. The only thing I can be sure of is that the fotage for The New Blood exists for an uncut print.

All materials and exact contents are up in the air at this point, but it is moving forward.

Cheers,
Erik
Thanks Erik

I own all of them already so wouldn't sell them unless they were extended versions/uncut. Extras just wouldn't be enough for me.

I already sold my Part 1 in anticipation of the new SE that is coming to Reg 2 UK, which is supposed to feature a 'stronger' cut than the US R-rated theatrical release.

If I just have to sell Part 7 as well, that'll be cool If they do manage to find the footage for more though, it's gonna be an expensive year
Old 07-11-03, 09:13 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by Squirrel God
Thanks Erik

I own all of them already so wouldn't sell them unless they were extended versions/uncut. Extras just wouldn't be enough for me.

I already sold my Part 1 in anticipation of the new SE that is coming to Reg 2 UK, which is supposed to feature a 'stronger' cut than the US R-rated theatrical release.

If I just have to sell Part 7 as well, that'll be cool If they do manage to find the footage for more though, it's gonna be an expensive year
Do you have a multi-region player? The uncut version has been released in R3 with a nice little docu as well.

Cheers,
Erik
Old 07-11-03, 09:41 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Do you have a multi-region player? The uncut version has been released in R3 with a nice little docu as well.

Cheers,
Erik
I do yes - it's mandatory for all DVD collectors here in the UK I have heard about the R3 but try not to buy R3 disks if I can help it as I have had problems with some of them in the past Only a few more months for the R2 SE anyway, I'm patient

Last edited by Squirrel God; 07-11-03 at 09:43 PM.
Old 07-11-03, 10:26 PM
Banned

Screw any language other than english.
Old 07-11-03, 10:51 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by puddytay
Screw any language other than english.
That's English there, professor.