Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Spiderman in The Italian Job? <minor spoiler>

Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Old 06-01-03, 10:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

OK, I got a chance to see The Italian Job this weekend with some friends. It's a fun little movie with some good comic relief -- about what I expected. Anyway, when they blow up the street to get the armored car (as you saw in the trailer), there is a shot of crowd panic. People are fleeing this way and that. Anyway, I swear by all that is holy that I saw spiderman during this sequence. My friends all think I'm full of crap and / or had previously partaken of illicit substances -- neither of which is true. So? Did anyone else see a shot of spiderman? If you haven't seen the movie yet, keep an eye out for this scene and let me know. I need to find out if I was right or if I need to seek out the help of a professional.
Old 06-01-03, 11:27 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts
Yes you see Spiderman. No he's not smocking crack.
Old 06-01-03, 11:28 AM

Sweet . . . sweet . . . edification. Now, does anyone know why Spiderman is there? What's the inside joke?
Old 06-01-03, 11:31 AM

Yes, a man dressed up in a Spiderman costume is seen in the film during that sequence. Good movie, but there was an overwhelming sense of cuteness throughout the movie that gets irritating after a while.
Old 06-01-03, 03:56 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

it would be cool if in spiderman 2, there is a scene just like that and in the background you see the pepsi truck and the little cars running around
Old 06-01-03, 08:31 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts
I have no idea why spiderman was in the movie. Shouldn't there be some sort of legal issues with Paramount and Sony for having a guy dressed up as spiderman there?
Old 06-01-03, 10:52 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 911 Likes on 646 Posts
Spiderman hangs out outside Mann's Chinese theater. I have a picture of my wife with him from last spring.