Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Reviews and Recommendations
Reload this Page >

Finally....Stargate gets the treatment is deserves

Community
Search
DVD Reviews and Recommendations Read, Post and Request DVD Reviews.

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-03, 08:04 AM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I bought the flipper version and since sold it. I have been waiting for Artisan to put some effort into this great movie. Well, check out HT forum. Looks like they finally put out a version worthy of buying again. Ever calling it reference material. This is so far the best DVD news of 2003 IMO

As an aside DVD empire has it for $13.99. I pre-purchased it for $12.99 in December and it shipped today.
Old 02-15-03, 01:42 PM

That's awesome news!...can't wait for my copy to arrive (pre-ordered from DDD for a little over $11)
Old 02-19-03, 03:08 AM

I have to admit, this DVD release blew me away! The vast improvements in video and audio are worth the upgrade alone. I thought the anamorphic video looked fantastic, but slight imperfections in the source material kept me from calling it "reference" grade. Although, you can most certainly call the audio tracks "reference material." After listening closely, I much preferred the DTS audio track to the Dolby Digital, but I'm sure some may disagree. The sound is simply amazing, and for a 1994 movie, this kind of audio is almost unheard of. Here's my review:

http://www.dvdtalk.com/reviews/read.php?ID=5592

Anyway, I love this movie and am thrilled that a worthy DVD release has finally come out. Congrats to Artisan for finally getting it right this time.

Regards,

- DB
Old 02-19-03, 08:38 AM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

I watched about a hour of this great dvd last night. I could not believe that it was the same movie. I was more impressed with the DTS 6.1 dicrete soundtrack. I can only think of a handful of movies that have offered such pinpoint surround. It did notice a couple of film blemishes at times. I think around the 40 minute mark there were a few black blotches. I don't believe that this was pixelation. Anyone else see this?

I thinkI will check for dust and replay that sectiona gain tonight. Also, did anyone notice yet another T2 release. I have the original and wonder what the new one could possibly offer.
Old 02-21-03, 07:55 PM
Fok
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I didn't think the video wasn't that impressive. If its an improvement over the original release I'd hate to see that. I noticed some film blemishes as well.
Old 02-25-03, 06:29 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Has to be better then my flipper I have,im gonna pick this one up,thanks for the mini reveiw.
Old 03-01-03, 05:13 PM
Banned

The biggest improvements in video quality is that it's much brighter than the older versions. Yes, there is still some grain in the darker scenes, but the daylight scenes are a vast improvement.