Law & Order: Crime and Punishment

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Law & Order: Crime and Punishment

Old 05-19-02, 09:33 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
4th Law & Order series: Crime and Punishment

A few days ago I saw this promo on NBC.

Coming Sundays (this fall, IIRC) the 4th series of Law & Order featuring real life trials and events. (No actors).

While I hate reality TV, this actually looks really good, kinda like Court TV but edited.

Did anyone see this or know more about it?
Old 05-19-02, 10:02 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Madison, WI ("77 square miles surrounded by reality")
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Re: 4th Law & Order series: Crime and Punishment

Originally posted by JohnPhoenix
A few days ago I saw this promo on NBC.

Coming Sundays (this fall, IIRC) the 4th series of Law & Order featuring real life trials and events. (No actors).

While I hate reality TV, this actually looks really good, kinda like Court TV but edited.

Did anyone see this or know more about it?
I saw the promo too but I don't know any more than you.

I find it interesting that Dick Wolf is recycling the title he used for his first Law and Order clone show, the short-lived Crime and Punishment, a late season replacement series from 1993.

http://us.imdb.com/Title?0105978
Old 05-19-02, 09:36 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Didn't Dick Wolf have a sydnicated real-crime program (half-hour) similar to this concept a few seasons back, hosted by Brian Dennehy?
Old 05-26-02, 01:57 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

yes, that was called "Arrest and Trial" which I found very boring.
Old 05-26-02, 02:30 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Dick Wolf is really grinding this franchise into the ground. He's like David E. Kelley (and his chick lawyer shows), but not as subtle.
Old 06-17-02, 12:02 AM

Law and Order Crime and Punishment 6/16

The show is skewed towards the prosecution, so objectiveness is lost, I guess State V on ABC will balance it out a little more.

I say the most entertaining Law and Order to date.

I simply did not get the verdict. We have a justice system that says " guilty beyond reasonable doubt" No physical evidence whatsoever!!- certainly provides alot of reasonable doubt.

While it makes a lot of sense that he did it, if I am on the jury I would need to see some physical evidence to consider removing reasonable doubt.
Old 06-17-02, 01:22 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Many cases are tried without the physical evidence present. In this case, intent and the means to commit the crime along with many other factors were enough to convice the jury.
Old 06-17-02, 02:08 PM

Originally posted by POWERBOMB
Many cases are tried without the physical evidence present. In this case, intent and the means to commit the crime along with many other factors were enough to convice the jury.
I am not trying to make this into a legal discussion but couldnt a good defense lawyer argue that these were simply circumstances which provided no direct linkage to committing the act itself. Thereby implying enough doubt that he did not do it.

Keep in mind my frame of reference for murder trials are LA Law, Perry Mason, The Practice , etc. ( and OJ of course).
Old 06-19-02, 03:08 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I thought the Defence tried to do just that, but the show focused too much on the prosocution in that we never really saw enough of the defence strategy. But since the guy was convicted, whatever strategy the defence put on obviously wasn't enough.
Old 07-27-02, 08:04 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,357 Likes on 922 Posts
Crime and Punishment........

haven't seen any threads about this L&O show. Anyone watching? Sure, it's pretty much run of the mill CourtTV fare, but it's still pretty well done.
Old 07-27-02, 10:00 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
I saw two episodes so far, its a good show if you're into the whole law enforcement / law genre.....
Old 07-27-02, 10:09 PM
dek
DVD Talk Legend

Location: On the road to reclaiming Lord Stanleys Cup, Turlock CA
It's good, I make a point to watch it every Sunday. I love seeing real criminals get locked up for a long time
Old 07-27-02, 10:10 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 798 Likes on 566 Posts
I like it too. Unfortunately ABC competitor State V. is off the air for the time being.

Which of the two shows includes footage of the jury deliberations? That's the superior one, because it exposes how flawed the system can be. From what I've seen so far, it seems many of the jurors make rash decisions. "Beyond a reasonable doubt" is not always adhered to.
Old 07-28-02, 10:00 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I am hurt I started a thread about this a few days ago and it wasn't touched but none the less I really like this show. But like I said in my thread I would like to see them lose once in awhile just to add a little suspense not because I want to see people get off.
Old 07-28-02, 09:36 PM
dek
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by Spicollidriver1
I am hurt I started a thread about this a few days ago and it wasn't touched but none the less I really like this show. But like I said in my thread I would like to see them lose once in awhile just to add a little suspense not because I want to see people get off.
All depends on when you posted it. This thread was one of the 1st 3 when I saw it.

I agree with what you are saying though, I thought that dude last week was going to lose the case to that guy who beat his wife. That other mofo was a sick bastard too, shooting at his kids
Old 08-05-02, 08:30 AM
dek
DVD Talk Legend

Another good episode. These criminals are just plain dumb, dumb, dumb. He should have stayed off the witness stand and he might have gotten off, but he opened his big mouth and got basically life.

I loved how he threw himself on the mercy of the court, and she reduced it from 71 to life, to 68 to life
Old 08-26-02, 12:26 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Law & Order: Crime and Punishment 8/25/02

I prolly screwed up the title, but this is the actual events of a courtroom proceedings.

I thought tonight's show was interesting. In the first case, I didn't feel the prosecuter proved her case. Sure the guy shot the other guy. But was it premeditated? For me, any decision made shows premeditation. You always have a choice. But I don't think she was able to prove that in this trial. I think the jury decided premeditation by the amount of times the defendant shot the guy. Therefore, getting the guilty verdict.

As for the second case, that look on his face when he heard there was 132 more days left for him to serve was priceless. He is damn lucky that is all she gave him. He was immature to think that the students e sent those emails to would just take it as a joke. I think his parents believed his attorney when they were told a plea bargin may not come with jail time. I bet they were surprised.
Old 12-16-02, 04:46 PM
Suspended

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Law & Order: Crime and Punishment??

Do you guys remember this show? It debut during the summer and it was on Sunday for like 2 months or so, but then suddently disappeared from the NBC's Sunday lineup. Anybody has any idea is this show got canned? or will it return?

Last edited by SuperJim88; 12-16-02 at 05:36 PM.
Old 12-16-02, 06:31 PM

I was wondering the same thing. Couldn't find an answer myself, this is all nbc has for the show which doesn't help either.
Old 12-16-02, 06:54 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,357 Likes on 922 Posts
It was only meant to be a summer-time show. I think it will be back this upcoming summer.

Last edited by Deftones, Esq; 12-16-02 at 10:15 PM.
Old 12-16-02, 08:41 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Deftones is right..It was only on for the summer kind of like big brother

NBC already annoucned it will be back in 2003..They are taping the shows as we speak

Don't worry
Old 12-16-02, 08:55 PM
Suspended

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Whoosh..... thanks for the info, guys.
Old 12-16-02, 10:14 PM

Excellent!!!
Old 06-03-03, 09:01 PM

Crime and Punishment question...

I noticed when watching Crime and Punishment that they took the "Law and Order" off of the title line. They kept the same voice-over beginning and the same credit sequence from last year. Why would they dump such a successful brand name?
Old 06-04-03, 01:53 PM

Maybe to make sure people know this isn't acting/staged, that it is a real case with real people.
Just a thought.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.