Old 03-18-02, 11:15 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
News Article: Star Fox falls to Fall?

News Article: Star Fox falls to Fall?
News Date: 03/18/2002
Source: IGN Cube
Link: http://cube.ign.com/articles/355/355719p1.html

The word on the streets says Star Fox Adventures will be delayed.

Accoring to IGN Cube, Star Fox Adventures has been delayed until September. This news has not yet been confirmed with Nintendo, but we'll be looking into it.

planetgamecube.com
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Holy cr@p I knew it!!!!!! I called it!!!!! Nintendo will never keep a date set. What is that now...3 push backs!?!?!?

Nintendo needs to get their heads out of the clouds and realize that they are killing themselves with this junk. First, no good games...and then the goods ones get pushed back! For crying out loud!!

I know the push back will in the end make this game better...but hey NINTENDO DON"T ANNOUNCE IT IF YOU AIN"T GONNA RELEASE IT!

I just hope that the 007 game is good. I'm going to play that after midterms.

night everybody!
Old 03-19-02, 01:29 AM
Mod Emeritus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: the delay:

I just hope that the 007 game is good. I'm going to play that after midterms.
If you're talking about "Agent Under Fire", don't get your hopes up.
Old 03-19-02, 07:00 AM

I hope I like it
Old 03-19-02, 07:27 AM
Video Game Talk Editor

A little piece of advice.

Rent Agent under Fire. You will probably be able to beat the entire game within a couple of days. Its 12 levels are way too short.
Old 03-19-02, 11:00 AM
Retired

Damn, I hope this turns out to be false, but I doubt it. This was the only game I was really looking forward too until fall. I'll probalby pick up RE, but I'm not dying to play it. I'll give Eternal Darkness a look, but it will have to be something much better than RE for me to buy it.

Oh well, if this is delayed to fall, hopefully the PS2 will drop in price soon. Well, I haven't played Pikmin yet, so I guess I could pick that up or trade for it. I might rent and play through Luigi's Mansion too.
Old 03-19-02, 12:30 PM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
I'd rather have the game done right than rushed out the door.
Old 03-19-02, 12:37 PM
Suspended

I just read that Microsoft has recently bought out Rare thus the delay.

-DVD Otaku
Old 03-19-02, 12:51 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by DVD Otaku
I just read that Microsoft has recently bought out Rare thus the delay.
Please don't take that news story seriously. It started on some board and has now gone mainstream.
Old 03-19-02, 01:45 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

It's true folks, MS did buy Rare.

And Nintendo too since Nintendo owns a large portion of Rare.

Anyway, I'm sort of glad its delayed. I'll have my hands full with ED asuming it makes it out. Truth be told though, the more titles out the better, so this sucks a bit.

More importantly it probally means that neither Zelda or Metroid will be coming out this year. Mario will be the big game for Xmas me thinks...
Old 03-19-02, 01:57 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by jeffdsmith
More importantly it probally means that neither Zelda or Metroid will be coming out this year. Mario will be the big game for Xmas me thinks...
I would say that Metroid is the most likely to come out this year out of the 3. It seems that Metroid is the farthest along in development. Mario may make it out by the end of the year, but I would not hold my breath. Zelda will be out next year almost assuredly.

You never know though, Nintendo needs some big game for Thanksgiving of this year...it's an annual tradition pretty much.
Old 03-19-02, 03:18 PM

Originally posted by AgtFox

I would say that Metroid is the most likely to come out this year out of the 3. It seems that Metroid is the farthest along in development. Mario may make it out by the end of the year, but I would not hold my breath. Zelda will be out next year almost assuredly.

You never know though, Nintendo needs some big game for Thanksgiving of this year...it's an annual tradition pretty much.
I know what you are saying, but I thought Mario was to arrive late summer in japan 100%?
Old 03-19-02, 03:31 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by jeffdsmith
I know what you are saying, but I thought Mario was to arrive late summer in japan 100%?
That's what was said, although with no word I feel it may not reach that mark.
Old 03-19-02, 05:35 PM

Originally posted by joshhinkle
Well, I haven't played Pikmin yet, so I guess I could pick that up or trade for it.
I rented this game last weekend and I'm addicted to it, be careful Joshhinkle if you have a paper or exam due soon, you won't get any work done . Seriously though it has the same kind of addiction like Harvest moon (probably because of the day time limits), I found myself playing continuously and loving it.

Back on topic: this sucks, to me this game looked the best and furthest along in development I wonder why its getting delayed. Maybe Rare is like Square and they'll change the release date 5 times in one week moving it back and forth and then decide to release early . I rather them do the game right then rush it though. RE's coming out either April 30 or May so that'll probably be the next thing I pick up, that game looks incredible!!

Why were you so excited if you knew it was getting delayed WhiteKnight? (just kidding, I'm messing with ya )
Old 03-19-02, 06:39 PM

The only positive outcome to this delay is….I will have more time to study and less time for video games. Hey thanks Nintendo for another delay….GPA is going up this semester.