Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Reviews and Recommendations
Reload this Page >

Reviews Wanted: 15 Minutes

DVD Reviews and Recommendations Read, Post and Request DVD Reviews.

Old 01-15-02, 11:42 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How good of a DVD is this movie? Special Features etc? How good of a plot does it have?Worth a purchase?
Old 01-16-02, 12:43 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
No this is not worth a purchase. I tried to like the movie, but I never did. One of the few movies I did not like.

Extra are nothing worth remembering.
Old 01-16-02, 09:15 AM
Suspended

Actually I kind of enjoyed this movie. I went in expecting it to not be very entertaining and found it to be quite the opposite. Not that it's good, just entertaining.
Old 01-16-02, 12:07 PM
Cool New Member

Ultimate Fight Champion

Inside Movie Tidbit:

The big russian filming the murders in the movie (I can't remember his real name - Tokteriv?) is an Ultimate Fighting Champion. I use to be a big time UFC fan.
Old 01-19-02, 08:19 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Sucked Big Time!! Another very disapointing Robert DeNiro flick!
Old 01-19-02, 09:06 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re

When I went to the theater to see this, I did not want to. There was nothing else on. I thought it was going to have crazy directing and a hard to follow plot. Well, it turns out that I loved it. The movie was great, a few flaws, but great movie. The dvd is great. A stunning transfer, a great audio track, and a simple great commentary. I also loved the documentaries, interviews with real talk show hosts on their views on violence in the media was entertaining. The deleted scenes are great with also great picture. Surprising for deleted scenes. Pick it up, or rent it. I loved it so.......
Old 01-20-02, 01:48 AM

There are very few times I can recall where I couldn't find anything about a film I liked, but 15 minutes is one of them. DeNiro seemed to walk through the role like he was on downers, the script was pathetic, and the supporting cast(if you can call it that) was laughable. The good news is the dvd itself is very well done, I'm starting to really enjoy infinifilm.
Old 01-20-02, 07:24 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I enjoyed this film alot. Although it was kind of wierd, with the cam scenes, i still enjoyed it. Plus the DVD has great features, Infinifim delivers.
Old 01-20-02, 10:09 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

The interesting thing is, EVERY comment above would be a fair representation of this flick. I still am unsure if I liked/disliked it. As several people note, DeNiro's performance semed kind of lacklustre....I liked Edward Burns....was not used to seeing Kelsey Grammar in the role he assumed...but liked the overall concept.

Probably a fair summary would be its an acceptable film..good for many, but lacking in contiguity/consistency for purists. It could have been much better with a little tweaking. I would rent before you buy, but certainly a $3 rental could not be considered a bad investment...unlike a few others I rented for $1 and felt cheated...no names mentioned <cough> BattleField Earth <cough> SpiceWorld <cough>......

And yes, Infinifilm is producing some good stuff....Thirteen Days for example has terrific supplements...almost as absorbing as the movie. Since I was born post 1962 (the Cuban Missile Crisis), this flick gave me new perspective on just how close we came to WW III....

Last edited by Thespian68; 01-20-02 at 10:11 PM.
Old 01-21-02, 03:20 PM
Banned

This movie was really lame. A real disappointment. Buy Backdraft on DVD instead.
Old 01-22-02, 06:05 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

In a world obsessed with "Breaking News" and "Tabloid T.V,"
15 MINUTES emerges not as the drug of the moment, but as 2001's most prolific wakeup call! Believe you me; this is not fluff filmmaking reaching for content and a preverbal market demographic. This film is an outstanding piece of journalism, brilliantly executed with exemplary style and spectacular poise! 15 MINUTES is an engaging trip through the decadent underbelly of the machine known to us all as t.v.

This film had every opportunity to sellout and conform to the Hollywood mainstream, but instead emerges triumphantly as the anti-hero in a world that always embraces the winner! Robert DeNiro and Edward Burns ignite the screen with unyielding passion and electricity! Never before have two actors, from such different dramatic styles, unite to deliver the best male onscreen chemistry since Mel Gibson and Danny Glover! Melina Kanakedes, from NBC's "Providence," is a breath of fresh air. She manages to hold her own, playing the girlfriend of veteran actor Robert DeNiro, with so much inherent style; I feel that she has a long and successful big-screen career ahead of her.

John Herzfeld, the film's director, has masterfully woven all the elements of movie-magic into one singular and finite work. 15 MINUTES will be long remembered as a film that raised the bar for "cinematic journalism," and dared to communicate a story that is in every way "headline news!" Run, do not walk to theatre and see 15 MINUTES. This was definitely the most engaging film of 2001!

As for the DVD, the Infinifilm edition of 15 MINUTES is nothing short of outstanding. Packed with lots of special features and a terrific anamorphic transfer, this is an excellent DVD to add to your collection!

Last edited by highdef; 01-22-02 at 06:24 PM.
Old 01-24-02, 12:33 PM

It was a film which a group of us (mass communication undergrades) could relate so much to.

Maybe the satirical aspects of the film did not work too well, and the ... *SPOLIER ALERT*

Spoiler:
... early demise of Bob DeNiro's characther didn't help the interest of the film narrative.

Last edited by Keyser.S; 01-24-02 at 12:59 PM.
Old 01-24-02, 02:13 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by highdef
In a world obsessed with "Breaking News" and "Tabloid T.V,"
15 MINUTES emerges not as the drug of the moment, but as 2001's most prolific wakeup call! Believe you me; this is not fluff filmmaking reaching for content and a preverbal market demographic. This film is an outstanding piece of journalism, brilliantly executed with exemplary style and spectacular poise! 15 MINUTES is an engaging trip through the decadent underbelly of the machine known to us all as t.v.

This film had every opportunity to sellout and conform to the Hollywood mainstream, but instead emerges triumphantly as the anti-hero in a world that always embraces the winner! Robert DeNiro and Edward Burns ignite the screen with unyielding passion and electricity! Never before have two actors, from such different dramatic styles, unite to deliver the best male onscreen chemistry since Mel Gibson and Danny Glover! Melina Kanakedes, from NBC's "Providence," is a breath of fresh air. She manages to hold her own, playing the girlfriend of veteran actor Robert DeNiro, with so much inherent style; I feel that she has a long and successful big-screen career ahead of her.

John Herzfeld, the film's director, has masterfully woven all the elements of movie-magic into one singular and finite work. 15 MINUTES will be long remembered as a film that raised the bar for "cinematic journalism," and dared to communicate a story that is in every way "headline news!" Run, do not walk to theatre and see 15 MINUTES. This was definitely the most engaging film of 2001!

As for the DVD, the Infinifilm edition of 15 MINUTES is nothing short of outstanding. Packed with lots of special features and a terrific anamorphic transfer, this is an excellent DVD to add to your collection!
highdef - No chit? Interesting...

I thought this film was just about the exact opposite of your review... Cliche ridden, overly dramatic, Hollywood "shock value" filmmaking... Nothing new to see here, move along...

wondering if I missed the sarcasm?