Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

Have you ever completed a trade with the computer on Madden 2002?

Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-01, 09:45 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have tried a dozen trades and not been able to get any to go through. I have offered players that are ranked in the 90s for players in the 80s at a different position and not been able to do it. Is there a trick to it?

Also, my stats that I achieve during a game (longest pass, longest run, etc.) are never saved. In a season or franchise, do you have to save your stats after every game?
Old 11-25-01, 06:42 AM

Re: Have you ever completed a trade with the computer on Madden 2002?

Originally posted by Anthony Soprano
I have tried a dozen trades and not been able to get any to go through. I have offered players that are ranked in the 90s for players in the 80s at a different position and not been able to do it. Is there a trick to it?
Nope. No trick. The players listed in the 90s are superstars. So, it depends on what the score of the player(s) in the 80s is. If they're in the low 80s, you can forget about it. If they player(s) are in the upper 80s, you may have to toss in a draft pick. You also have to look at the other team's needs. Do they have good players at the position you're trying to trade players for?

I always preferred the trade system in 2K. You could do a 1-for-5, and even get future draft picks. And it's not as easy to pry a number one pick out of the hands of a crappy team.

Here's another hint: If there's a player who's rated in the 90s in free agency, grab him and trade him for the player you want.

Also, my stats that I achieve during a game (longest pass, longest run, etc.) are never saved. In a season or franchise, do you have to save your stats after every game?
When you go to save, use the R1 button to go to "Save All." There should be profiles and settings for you to save, too.
Old 11-25-01, 10:33 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Thanks so much!
Old 11-25-01, 07:15 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I ran into this problem myself...All I could get for (I know, I know...) Kordell Stewart was a 6th round draft pick from Atlanta. They wouldn't even give me Chris Chandler if I threw in 2 of my own draft picks. Needless to say, the Trades on Madden are TOUGH beyond belief. I agree with what Soprano is saying...You can't even trade Edgerrin James for a runningback with half his rating. Ridiculous!
Old 11-26-01, 02:35 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by lordzeppelin
I ran into this problem myself...All I could get for (I know, I know...) Kordell Stewart was a 6th round draft pick from Atlanta. They wouldn't even give me Chris Chandler if I threw in 2 of my own draft picks. Needless to say, the Trades on Madden are TOUGH beyond belief. I agree with what Soprano is saying...You can't even trade Edgerrin James for a runningback with half his rating. Ridiculous!
Atleast it is not just me.
Old 11-26-01, 09:11 AM

Originally posted by lordzeppelin
1) How high were your draft picks? What rounds were you offering picks in? If you're picking in the bottom of each round, your picks (outside of #1 and #2) aren't worth much, especially if Atlanta is choosing within 2-3 slots of your picks.

I think they made Madden's trading AI more realistic. Think about it. Why would Atlanta take Kordell Stewart? He doesn't have much of an arm and he's a scrambler. So, in Atlanta's eyes, why trade for him when they have a similar quarterback with more potential in Michael Vick?

And why would Indy want to trade James? He's one of the top 5 running backs in the NFL.

The secret to trading in Madden is thinking like a GM. You're going to have to give something to get something.
Old 11-26-01, 09:44 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I think you are getting confused on what they are trying to do. Like with Edgerrin James he's trying to get RID of him for a running back of lesser rating. As you state, if he's one of the top running backs in the league, why would anyone refuse that trade? Its like trying to trade someone a dollar bill for 2 quarters. Nobody in their right mind would refuse that trade, except for the GMs in Madden apparently.
Old 11-26-01, 10:38 AM

Originally posted by Jeraden
I think you are getting confused on what they are trying to do. Like with Edgerrin James he's trying to get RID of him for a running back of lesser rating. As you state, if he's one of the top running backs in the league, why would anyone refuse that trade? Its like trying to trade someone a dollar bill for 2 quarters. Nobody in their right mind would refuse that trade, except for the GMs in Madden apparently.
I just tried it with my Madden. I had to create a new season to do it, and use Indy, but the other team jumped at the chance. I traded him to the Bears for James Allen.
Old 11-26-01, 11:06 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Actually.... I thought it was a bit too easy at one point. Simmed through 2001 and then took over Houston in 2002... got Shaun King in the expansion draft.... in 2003, got a better QB via the draft and then traded King to the Bears for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd round picks.
Old 11-26-01, 11:48 AM

Originally posted by WildcatLH
Actually.... I thought it was a bit too easy at one point. Simmed through 2001 and then took over Houston in 2002... got Shaun King in the expansion draft.... in 2003, got a better QB via the draft and then traded King to the Bears for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd round picks.
I agree... Since there are no signing bonuses, it's really easy to trade players for picks and get better quickly. In one draft, I wound up with picks 1-7 in the first round. I'd sign a free agent, then trade him for a first and third, then take 3 thirds and trade for a first.