Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

I despise Best Buy.

Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

I despise Best Buy.

Old 10-09-01, 03:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I despise Best Buy.

Ok....where are these titles? Baraka,Dark Days,and the new Romero flick Bruiser? My BB has a-hole teenagers working,that don't put dvd's out.Our horror section is ass-like,and has'nt been reshelved in over two weeks.Argh! I want these movies.
Old 10-09-01, 03:26 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

That sucks. The Best Buy near me is very good for DVDs. They have 7 aisles of DVDs. The only thing that sucks about them is they don't get foreign films or Criterions unless they were popular films(i.e. Crouching Tiger, Chasing Amy, etc)
Old 10-09-01, 04:02 PM

Arsnik - Next time you go in ask them to check SKDL on the green screens. It may not be out on the shelf because we don't carry it
Old 10-09-01, 09:56 PM

I worked at Best buy for about six months last year. I will never again step foot in another Best Buy ever again. They don't carry any Criterions, they never put out all their inventory and any computer toting DVDTalk member knows more about their media dept. than the employees do.

Do not support best buy. Buy from online merchants as much as possible and I even recommend WalMart over Best Buy.
Old 10-09-01, 10:12 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts
Best Buy: Turn on the Crap!

Mileage may vary. My local Best Buy had Maniac tins, Wicker Man boxes, The Story of Riki-Oh, a decent amount of anime, varied Criterions (All That Heaven Allows, Black Narcissus, Charade, The Third Man, Brazil, Armageddon), Suspiria LEs out the wazoo... I didn't look for Baraka because I still haven't heard a reason the new SE of Baraka is any different from what I have.
Old 10-09-01, 10:13 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by travis_bickle
any computer toting DVDTalk member knows more about their media dept. than the employees do.
I think that can be said about pretty much every similar store as well.
Old 10-09-01, 10:17 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You have to realize Best Buy does a lot more than just sell DVDs. If they were a dedicated DVD store then I would expect them to sell a more varied selection than they do. But that isn't what they are about, they are an all-purpose entertainment/computer/appliance store. There's no way they can carry the entire catalog of DVDs out there. They carry what they think the average customer would be interested in buying, not obscure titles that maybe one or 2 people might be interested in.

Their CD selection is a lot worse than their DVD selection. I don't have mainstream tastes, but the stuff I listen to does have a fairly large audience and they never carry any of it.
Old 10-09-01, 11:05 PM

My local Best Buy has a pretty wide selection: Criterions, lots of Anime, tins/specials like Wicker Man and Heathers...

but they don't have Running Scared. What the hell?
Old 10-10-01, 12:23 AM
eau
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

The BBs within my reach now have a wide variety of Criterion DVDs (even have Seven Samurai). I make a point not to ask the employees any questions because they are nuts (in general). I make my research on the internet and off to BB to browse and shop.
Old 10-10-01, 04:24 PM

I didn't look for Baraka because I still haven't heard a reason the new SE of Baraka is any different from what I have.
The reason you want the new Baraka is that it's anamorphic and it's cheap - $10.75 at Deep Discount Dvd. I know I've run across a very favorable review someplace but I can't remember where.
Old 10-15-01, 07:30 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I despise Best Buy.

doesn't everybody?? i seldom go into best buy and almost never buy anything from them anymore. i plan to go in on tuesday to get SW: Ep. 1, but other then that i don't buy anything except CD-R's. i cannot stand the idiots who work there. it used to not be so bad cause you could just ignore the people who worked there, but since joe six-pack has gotten into dvd, now you have to deal with the masses as well. ugh!!!
Old 10-15-01, 01:14 PM
eau
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

If you can't stand idiots and masses in B&M, order online!

You order will be delivered to your door step, you don't even have to deal with your postman if you wish

I like going to B&M, as well as ordering online, because it's still fun to browse through DVDs at a B&M...