Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Feedback > Forum Feedback and Support
Reload this Page >

Mods: Regarding the George HW Bush thread

Community
Search
Forum Feedback and Support Post forum feedback and related problems, here.

Mods: Regarding the George HW Bush thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-18, 09:30 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 93 Likes on 74 Posts
Re: Mods: Regarding the George HW Bush thread

Originally Posted by PerryD
....regurgitating an old Hillary smear campaign about him having an affair.
Just so you have the facts, the first mention of the affair was in a 1988 news paper article so it wasn't a smear campaign created by Hillary.
Old 12-03-18, 10:05 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by VinVega
Maybe that's why I'm "too accepting." I always hope folks will turn DOWN the heat instead of turning it up further.
Understood. But hopefully you see where others are coming from when an action is taken and multiple posters have been pointing it all out long before the action was finally taken. Plus the mod "feedback" I have seen isn't at all contractive given the lack of specifics. But if those being falsely (IMO) accused don't care to respond, it's not my battle to fight.
Old 12-04-18, 05:12 AM
Banned

Received 72 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by PerryD
The hate is continuous and no action is ever taken. The hateful posts are always thumbs up'd and replied "this", from several regulars.
Okay, that's fine. You're not willing to accept facts.

Where do you think mspmms is right now? Or Politzei last week? They were recently reported and banned for being annoying, plain and simple. Label them trolls, report in mass, and poof they are gone, like Grundle and Creek before them.

Feel free to think that you support hate speech from all sides. I can give you dozens of examples of bigoted, racist, misogynist attacks. At least you remember some of the worst that after several thumbs up may have gotten a verbal "don't do that" response. True or False, did a poster wish that Kavanaugh's wife and children would get raped to understand how his accuser feels.

Yes, I'm going to avoid the Trump thread because it's a dumpster fire of nastiness and hate. You (plural) do not want any alternate viewpoints in that thread, you treat that thread the same as the Conspiracy thread, they are identical in my eyes. I left when that thread was discussing the best methods of execution for treason. My last post there was something like when did this thread become the conspiracy thread?

I was asked by multiple people over the past few months to come back and provide some balance.

But to deny the racist, sexist/misogynistic, homophobic, not too mention blanket generalizations, labeling Trump supporters as the same as Nazi Germany, etc. It's not conducive to discussion.

Sure, you can believe that this behavior occurs just once and is dealt with.

Donald Trump is so racist, he would... insert racist joke

Conservative women are so stupid because... insert misogynist post.

Trump and Putin are so gay for each other... insert homophobic joke.

If you can't recognize the pattern, than I'm not sure what to say.

I was asked to come back by some on your side to call out some of the bad behavior directly, and provide some differing views.

Political exile is not a ban. It is a temporary suspension from the political board.
Old 12-04-18, 02:01 PM
Suspended

Received 36 Likes on 20 Posts

I can’t post in the Politics forum and I’m not even sure this board is worth my time any more, but I did want to post here to say:

While I saw several sources suggesting the elder Bush cut HIV research funding, I’ve done some more research and it appears those sources were erroneous. I apologize for spreading that false information in the George H.W. Bush memorial thread; it was done in error, not maliciously.

I stand by what I said about the elder Bush’s long-running affair.

As this is the feedback forum, not politics, I won’t be responding to follow-ups about the substance of either topic (HIV funding or marital infedility).

PerryD (or anyone else), feel free to quote this (or if that’s against the rules, post a link) in the appropriate thread.
Old 12-04-18, 02:58 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by JasonF
I can’t post in the Politics forum and I’m not even sure this board is worth my time any more, but I did want to post here to say:

While I saw several sources suggesting the elder Bush cut HIV research funding, I’ve done some more research and it appears those sources were erroneous. I apologize for spreading that false information in the George H.W. Bush memorial thread; it was done in error, not maliciously.

I stand by what I said about the elder Bush’s long-running affair.

As this is the feedback forum, not politics, I won’t be responding to follow-ups about the substance of either topic (HIV funding or marital infedility).

PerryD (or anyone else), feel free to quote this (or if that’s against the rules, post a link) in the appropriate thread.

Since this is the feedback forum, I just wanted to say that I think it's great that you admitted to having made a mistake.
Old 12-04-18, 03:05 PM
Banned

Since this thread seems to be a party for those of us who are in political exile, I brought the following music: