Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Hot Deals
Reload this Page >

Restaurant Mobile Apps/Deals

Community
Search
Hot Deals Post and Discuss Non-DVD Bargains and Sales!

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-18, 03:47 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 378 Likes on 236 Posts

This seems to be a recent trend, restaurants (particularly fast food places) encouraging customers to download their app and or place mobile orders. I know this has been brought up on occasion in the fast food junkie thread, but it seemed wise to group these together here.

McDonald's always has good digital coupons. You can order a large sandwich (with only a few restrictions) for $1. At one point you could do this daily, now it is once per week. There's usually a coupon for a free drink with $1 purchase each Thursday and a free medium fries with a $1 purchase on Fridays. I always a $3 off $10 purchase coupon that is nearly always available if I am with family.

Wendy's currently has a free Dave's single cheeseburger with any purchase. And it's available every day.

Chic-Fil-A had a free 8 piece grilled nuggets I believe earlier in the month. Might still be available to some of you.

I got an e-mail from Paypal last week with an offer of $5 off a Subway order if you paid via Paypal on the Subway app. I downloaded the app yesterday, ordered a $4.99 sandwich and picked it up. And my paypal was charged 34 cents (tax). This one may have been a targeted offer since my wife has a Paypal account and didn't recall receiving the e-mail.

Dairy Queen had a free small blizzard coupon on available Labor Day. Might have just been available on that day, I can't recall.

Any other freebies or exceptional deals out there?
Old 09-10-18, 03:49 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 907 Likes on 669 Posts
Re: Restaurant Mobile Apps/Deals

With the Dunkin Donuts app you get a free drink (any size) after you buy 5 using the app. Gotten quite a few free large Cold Brew this way. Not a timed special; just a perk from using the app to pay.
Old 09-10-18, 11:05 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,243 Likes on 854 Posts

Downloaded the Burger King app over the weekend — tons of deals on there. Too many to list right now ... we did the 2 Whopper value meals for $8.99.

The Chick-fil-a app also lets you acrue points for rewards.
Old 09-11-18, 12:13 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 867 Likes on 391 Posts

The ones I use/have are (in order of how much I use them):
Chick-Fil-A - earn points for rewards, and get a lot of bonus free offers.

Starbucks - earn Stars for each x $'s spent, redeem for anything on the menu. Lot of bonus star offers. Free birthday reward
Dunkin' Donuts - also have coupons/deals on there besides getting points for free coffee

TGI Friday's - Earn points for each $1, redeem by tiers, Dessert, Sandwich, Seafood/Chicken entrees, appetizers, steak/rib entrees, etc. Free chips/salsa every visit
They had a promo back in early 2017 if you visited 3 times in about 8 weeks during Jan/Feb you got 1000 points. The steak/rib reward is the highest at 150 points. I'm just finishing up those points, got around 110 left. But, every time you go back you get more points. And a lot of times, they'll give you the points on the money you would have spent on a redeemed reward.

Panera Bread - every x amount of visits get a random reward, like $2 off, free coffee, free sweet treat, etc

Capriotti's subs - so many visits get a free small sub

McDonalds (not much anymore, but just got free fries today for using Apple Pay with it)

Green Turtle (east coast locations)- earn points for rewards, get birthday money off

Outback - don't use much

Wawa - don't use much

Friendly's has an email club get a coupon from them every week

Red Lobster - have this loaded but haven't been there since it started.

Grocery store too: Acme Markets (owned by Albertson's) has digital coupons you can clip and apply to your order checking out
Old 09-11-18, 05:52 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 133 Likes on 107 Posts

Tropical Smoothie has one and after you spend a certain $ amount you get $ off a future order. It can be used for pre-orders or to scan your unique bar code when placing order in the restaurant.
Old 09-11-18, 07:03 AM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Received 676 Likes on 452 Posts

The Wendy’s app seems to add decent rewards on a regular basis, but I’ve only been checking it for a month or so.

The best deal in fast food coupons is the Rally’s/Checkers receipt survey deal. Buy any large drink and get a free sandwich, some of them up to $6.
Old 09-18-18, 08:09 AM

Happy National Cheeseburger Day!

Some mostly lukewarm deals:
https://slickdeals.net/article/news/...ontent=article
Old 09-26-18, 09:56 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 378 Likes on 236 Posts

I don't eat at Fazoli's often (not one real close), but I downloaded their app because you can accumulate points towards $5 rewards. In addition, there's usually some kind of coupon every week or 2. They just added one to my account -- a free sampler meal with the purchase of a drink to be used within the next week. Pretty good value. Enough so that I might have to make sure I swing by a location soon.
Old 10-09-18, 07:43 AM

If you happen to have a Macaroni Grill near you, and are in the medical or police field, they have an amazing deal this month. Looks to be good every day, free spaghetti and meatball entree just for walking in and showing ID.
https://www.macaronigrill.com/locations/all-locations
Old 10-13-18, 11:05 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,243 Likes on 854 Posts

I deleted the Sonic app off of my phone today. I hadn’t used it yet, but saw that you could get half-price drinks all the time (not just Happy Hour) if you used the app. So I went ahead and finished setting the app up, picked out everything we needed, and ...

Then I found out the only form of payment the app will accept is Sonic gift cards. No credit cards. No ordering and paying on site. Bah ... I’m not tying up money on a gift card just to save a buck on a drink. I just won’t go outside of Happy Hour.
Old 11-21-18, 03:18 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah i have also availed many offers with the Dunkin Donuts app...
Old 12-05-18, 06:44 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 83 Likes on 69 Posts

Looks like u have to order by app and use by 12/24/18.

Taco Bell Buy $10 Get $5 Promotional Code Exp 12.24.18 (Online)
Taco Hell has a deal if you buy $10 you get an additional $5. It is for each $10 you buy. So $20 = $10 free. $30 = $15 etc.

Promotional Codes expire 12.24.18 and they must be used with the app or online orders.

The first 230,000 customers who purchase a $10 gift card from tacobell.com between 12/4/18 and 12/17/18 will receive a free $5 Bonus Card. Bonus Card is redeemable exclusively for food purchases on tacobell.com or the Taco Bell app. Bonus Card will be sent to the email provided. Bonus Card expires on 12/24/18. Protect the Bonus Card like cash because we are not responsible for use of the Bonus Card without your permission or for any lost, stolen, damaged or destroyed Bonus Card. Bonus Card is not redeemable for cash or credit, except as, and where required by law. For additional information, visit tacobell.com/faqs. No money or consideration was given for the free $5 Bonus card. A Bonus Card obtained by fraud will not be honored.
https://www.tacobell.com/gift-cards?...3KNAE9tit55Aws

BUT WAIT THRE IS MORE

Free drink offer

Expires 12/18/2018, 11:59 pm PST

https://www.tacobell.com/promotion/f...=organic-offer

Last edited by JoeySeven; 12-05-18 at 06:50 PM.