Search
Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

Eureka/MOC Sale Mostly DVD; But a few blu's

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-18, 04:22 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 124 Likes on 98 Posts
Eureka/MOC Sale Mostly DVD; But a few blu's

Lots of good titles; most are dvd. The Westfront/Kameradschaft is excellent quality & price wise is much lower than the Criterion if you can play region B.

https://www.eurekavideo.co.uk/news/eureka-summer-sale

Masters of Cinema titles

Asphalt (DVD) £4.99

Colossal Youth (DVD) £4.99

Phantom/ Die Finanzen Des Großherzogs (DVD) £5.99

Fear And Desire (DVD) £4.99

Tabu (DVD) £4.99

Les Miserables (DVD) £5.99

Der Tiger Von Eschnapur / Das Indische Grabmal (DVD) £5.99

Le Amiche (Dual Format) £5.99

Wooden Crosses (Dual Format) £7.99

Pickup On South Street (Dual Format) £7.99

The Naked Prey (Dual Format) £7.99

1900 (Novecento) (Blu-ray) £6.99

Stalag 17 (Blu-ray) £7.99

Cover Girl (Dual Format) £8.99

Daughter Of The Nile (Dual Format) £9.99

Der Mude Tod (Dual Format) £9.99

Westfront 1918 & Kameradschaft: Two Films by G.W. Pabst (Dual Format) £14.99

Buster Keaton: Short Films (Blu-ray) £24.99

Miscellaneous titles

Prince Valiant (Blu-ray) £4.99

Ali Baba And The Forty Thieves (Blu-ray) £5.99

Tokyo Tribe (DVD) £4.99

Dead Head (DVD) £4.99

Guilty Of Romance (Blu-ray) £4.99

The War Lord (DVD) £4.99

The War Lord (Blu-ray) £6.99

Enemy Mine (Blu-ray) £6.99

The Blue Lagoon (Dual Format) £7.99

Manina, The Lighthouse Keepers Daughter/56 Rue Pigalle (Blu-ray) £7.99

The Olive Tree (Dual Format) £6.99

Born Free (Dual Format) £7.99

The Skull (Dual Format) £6.99

The Town That Dreaded Sundown (Dual Format) £6.99

Last edited by MooMooMooMoo; 08-10-18 at 04:29 AM.
Old 08-10-18, 01:24 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 113 Likes on 90 Posts
Re: Eureka/MOC Sale Mostly DVD; But a few blu's

These two titles are Region Free BDs

Old 08-10-18, 01:44 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 809 Likes on 683 Posts

Originally Posted by laidbacklarkin

Those are tempting.
Old 08-10-18, 02:19 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 145 Likes on 97 Posts

Pretty sure I got free shipping too last time. Going to check this out tonight.
Old 08-10-18, 07:08 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Shipping is either free or really cheap; I don't remember which.
Old 08-11-18, 04:05 PM

Originally Posted by MooMooMooMoo
Shipping is either free or really cheap; I don't remember which.
Originally Posted by WillieMLF
Pretty sure I got free shipping too last time. Going to check this out tonight.
Worldwide shipping is always free with no minimums
Old 08-11-18, 06:46 PM

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

1900 is a huge upgrade over the domestic blu-ray release; it is Region B locked. --Peter
Old 08-11-18, 07:43 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I'm also thinking about those 2 & 1900.
Old 08-11-18, 10:27 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I'm also thinking about those 2 & 1900.
I ordered all 3.

The good news: the exchange rate is really good right now: 1.27

The pain in the rear: This likely won't impact many people; but I had to change my address. After trying 3 methods & 3 browsers I gave up & created a new account. Their website is broken right now; it reverted my account to an address I changed from in my last order & wouldn't allow me to delete it, edit it, or add a new address.
Old 08-12-18, 09:10 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 649 Likes on 471 Posts

Their site is devoid of region information. How do you tell? While I'm region free on both DVD and BR I prefer R1 or R0 for BR as my player requires a code change every time you change regions on BR.
Old 08-12-18, 12:51 PM

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

I really liked Ali Baba - looks great; just wish there were some bonus features or a booklet. Prince Valiant was sort of fun in a goofy sort of way - again, the film is begging for bonus features considering the Tony Cutis/Janet Leigh backstory*. --Peter

EDIT: Wrong movie, that was Black Shield of Falworth. Still, did Janet Leigh have something going on with Robert Wagner?
Old 08-12-18, 01:10 PM

Originally Posted by BobO'Link
Their site is devoid of region information. How do you tell? While I'm region free on both DVD and BR I prefer R1 or R0 for BR as my player requires a code change every time you change regions on BR.
I really wish every label would make that important bit of information available on their own product site, specially if they're catering to an international market as well.

How does one tell ? There are many outlets providing that info but a quick way is:

1. Go to bluray.com.
2. In the search bar, drop down the country (select the flag to the right) where the label releasing the title, is based.
3. Enter the title in the search bar and select
4. To the right of of the image of the product, you'll see high level details of Video, Subtitles, Audio and Playback - Check out what the Playback says (this is NOT always accurate)
5. Navigate down to the header that shows 'Overview', 'Screenshots', 'Review', 'Packaging', Region Coding', 'User Reviews', 'Forum'....
6. Click on Region Coding. Here you'll see users having input their own findings.
7. If Users have entered their findings, the 'Playback' detail I mentioned above in Step 4 will indicate the same
8. If no user has entered any information, then you got to go elsewhere - one option is to click on 'Forum' in step 5. If a thread has been opened on the product, you may want to read details from users
9. Another way is to see if there is a 'Back' cover image of the product posted (by looking under the product image mentioned in step 4). A back cover image is not always posted. If there is one and if a good sized scan has been posted, navigate down to see if any Region Coding spec has been provided. This again is not a surefire way of gleaning that info, cos due to licensing constraints, many manufacturers print only the region in which the product is licensed for release, despite not encoding a region code in the disc at all (example: Koch releases from Germany, some Arrow releases from UK)
Old 08-12-18, 01:10 PM

Originally Posted by Proglodite
I really liked Ali Baba - looks great; just wish there were some bonus features or a booklet. Prince Valiant was sort of fun in a goofy sort of way - again, the film is begging for bonus features considering the Tony Cutis/Janet Leigh backstory*. --Peter

EDIT: Wrong movie, that was Black Shield of Falworth. Still, did Janet Leigh have something going on with Robert Wagner?
ask Jamie Lee Curtis :-)
Old 08-12-18, 09:50 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by BobO'Link
You must have an Oppo like me!
Old 08-13-18, 07:22 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 649 Likes on 471 Posts

You must have an Oppo like me!
Nope - Seiki.
Originally Posted by hariseldon
All Bluray players require changing Regions when changing between locked discs...
I didn't know that and thought it was just my player/brand. That makes me feel better about it but it's still somewhat of a pain. I rarely use "stop" but also don't put the same disc back in for months, if not years, after the first viewing so it really wouldn't be much of a help.
Old 08-13-18, 03:42 PM
DVD Talk Hero

The Seiki Blu-ray player (early models) is the only player I'm familiar with that enables switching Blu-ray regions on the fly using a mere code entry.
Old 08-13-18, 05:15 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I'm not aware of any Bluray player that plays all regions without some sort of manual change. Some units you just have to do some button (some just a single button) pushes, others require a button or button sequence and power cycle to change regions. That is the one advantage I can see to owning a Specific Region A and Specific Region B player (I'll ignore C since the number of C -locked discs I'm interested in is basically zero to date). DVD players can be set once to Region 0 and you're basically done forever, but I don't think that exists on any normal Region All BD player.

The Oppo allows you to bypass that a little with the persistent memory. That can be a bit of a hassle at times if you forget which region you're in and insert a locked disc the first time in the wrong region or if you messed up the sequence which I do often enough -- the one thing I really wish the OPPO had was a display light which told you which region. Then, even when you code the correct region, the disc is remembered and plays as Locked so you have to clear that disc from teh memory and try again
I was commenting on the hardware plugin for Oppo available on ebay. I have never before heard of just not pushing the stop button. I'll have to try that!
Old 08-13-18, 06:53 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Oh, so it only works on discs that you've already played? I'll just stick with the Dimmer 3x, mute, enter region code. It's a pain, but it works w/o fail. I'm on a 95; I noticed the same plug in for the 9.x & 10x today is twice what I paid, & the 20x plug in costs a fortune.
Old 08-13-18, 08:25 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Yes -- you have to play the disc the first time with the player set to the correct region for that disc, but after that it shouldn't matter as long as you let it stay in the persistent memory. I've played Region A locked discs, switched to B adn played a B locked disc, then changed the OPPO to Region C and boht the other discs still play without a problem.

Pretty much the exact same plugin works for 83/93/103/203 (aand the x5 versions), but if you look on Ebay the prices are all over the place depending on which model you search for.

I think the 103 version is always the cheapest these days and trying to find an 83 module is impossible. Several people have taken their Region Free dongle and plugged it into multiple models from the last decade and the same mod works on all units so just get the cheapest -- around $45-50 if you catch one of the Ebay 15-20% codes
That's good to know, thanks! I paid $30 for my 95 plug in years ago. There's one guy who's also advertising "contact him" for current firmware to play iso's. My 95 will do so, but it's 2012 firmware. I did email the guy, no response.
Old 08-14-18, 04:21 PM
DVD Talk Hero

That's good to know, thanks! I paid $30 for my 95 plug in years ago. There's one guy who's also advertising "contact him" for current firmware to play iso's. My 95 will do so, but it's 2012 firmware. I did email the guy, no response.
If you ever find firmware for the 203/205 that plays ISO files, contact me. That is such a massively handy feature, I can see why Hollywood killed it.
Old 08-14-18, 08:27 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by PhantomStranger
If you ever find firmware for the 203/205 that plays ISO files, contact me. That is such a massively handy feature, I can see why Hollywood killed it.
My bad, I checked & it seems to state iso unlock is for 10.x; + region free for all. You'd have to read the entire listing & get the person to respond, as the comment is, "Oppo BDP-103(D) and BDP-105(D) Owners:

If you have the US version Firmware and want to unlock for Blu Ray, Play BD and DVD ISO Files and unblock Cinavia, please contact me for a custom firmware available for you."

I did contact him through ebay (the only way I could see to do so) & never received a reply.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/30282299271...:X:AAQ:US:1123
Old 08-26-18, 05:59 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

They shipped my order almost immediately, but one of the postal services is being a bit slow. I hope it arrives this week.
Old 09-05-18, 10:42 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Proglodite
1900 is a huge upgrade over the domestic blu-ray release; it is Region B locked. --Peter
The 1900 I got from MOC says it's region locked, but it isn't. Playing fine in a region A player at the moment.
Old 09-27-18, 09:50 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

The 1900 I got from MOC says it's region locked, but it isn't. Playing fine in a region A player at the moment.
I feel really stupid (embarrassed?) Apparently I had my Oppo set for region B & than played a bunch of region free USA discs. The Arrow Fassinders & 1900 are region B locked.